Sponsored

Proximity door locks retrofit install (instructions, parts, links) on JL Wrangler

jlgunner2

First Name
Karyl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Can I keep my Tazer JL and use JSCAN just to update the proximity?
Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Can I keep my Tazer JL and use JSCAN just to update the proximity?
Why do you ask such hard questions? Etch says once programmed the settings stay in place without the security cable. So one would think the tazer could plug back in and not cause a conflict.

Dmentd_Dan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Got my bypass cable and VGate bluetooth OBD2 parts today. Hooked everything up and ensured I had the latest JSCAN software., It worked flawlessly. I already had the tail gate pigtail, door harnesses, and handles installed. One thing that I love is that to unlock the jeep all I have to do is grab the handle and as soon as I start to pull the jeep unlocks. Don't have to push the button on the handle, nice! I turned my horn sound to "2nd push of the button" (see pic) in settings so when I lock the jeep using the handles the horn wont honk, but if I "lose" my jeep in a parking lot I can just use the fob and push the lock button twice for a single honk from the jeep. Not a fan of the panic button to find the jeep. Thanks to all who contributed!
Jeep Wrangler JL Proximity door locks retrofit install (instructions, parts, links) on JL Wrangler pke

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
I’m hoping Tazer will be able to do this update when they realize others have cracked it.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Got my bypass cable and VGate bluetooth OBD2 parts today. Hooked everything up and ensured I had the latest JSCAN software., It worked flawlessly. I already had the tail gate pigtail, door harnesses, and handles installed. One thing that I love is that to unlock the jeep all I have to do is grab the handle and as soon as I start to pull the jeep unlocks. Don't have to push the button on the handle, nice! I turned my horn sound to "2nd push of the button" (see pic) in settings so when I lock the jeep using the handles the horn wont honk, but if I "lose" my jeep in a parking lot I can just use the fob and push the lock button twice for a single honk from the jeep. Not a fan of the panic button to find the jeep. Thanks to all who contributed!
Jeep Wrangler JL Proximity door locks retrofit install (instructions, parts, links) on JL Wrangler pke
are you going to do the front handles?

Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I already had the front harnesses, handles, and caps installed along withthe rear. So it is all done.
Bet you are disappointed you didn't get to spend all of that money having the dealer flash the computer.

albbreinholt

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
Question: I am having new wheels and tires put on next week. The shop I am taking too is going to use a tazer to adjust for the tire size change. I plan on doing the proximity locks change down the road but not right now. Is it worth it to tell the shop not to add the tazer and get the jscan now or just go with it and hope tazer figures it out?

Derek

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2-Door
Question: I am having new wheels and tires put on next week. The shop I am taking too is going to use a tazer to adjust for the tire size change. I plan on doing the proximity locks change down the road but not right now. Is it worth it to tell the shop not to add the tazer and get the jscan now or just go with it and hope tazer figures it out?
Personally, why pay $220-250 when for about $60 (including license & hardware) JScan will do everything you need. BUT, I couldn’t adjust my tire size on iOS, gave me an error and I never emailed them, but given the response to this issue, I probably should have. I was able to change the tire settings in android.

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Please keep us updated on the tire size error with iOS. That was one of the big selling feature for me.

Sponsored

Etch

First Name
Parker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
To everyone asking

-The JScan update is permanent. Once you flash, you don't have to keep it plugged in. Therefore you can still use Tazer afterwards.

-My logic is inline with Derek. I would not purchase Tazer over JScan. That's a personal choice because I can't justify the money for my needs.

-From the forums where I've seen Tazer mentioned while researching this topic, it doesn't sound like Tazer is looking in the right places for the solution. Their reasoning based on the actual conclusion found between myself and the JScan developer doesn't equate.

-Aside from that, I'm so pleased with JScan's customer service and innovation, I have no incentive to work this issue any further with another company to breed competition. I look forward to working with JScan again in the future for anything that might come up. My solution, however, is in my write-up if someone else wants to pursue it with Tazer.

Osinski

First Name
Jose Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU Rubicon 3.6 Hella Yella
It works!!!!!!!
(Without dealer)!!!!!
I only added the doors' wiring, the antenas (end handle caps), the handles I used the Jscan app (Android) paying the VIN license and the OBDLinkMX+ with the gateway cable (received today).
I'm more than happy!

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
To everyone asking

-The JScan update is permanent. Once you flash, you don't have to keep it plugged in. Therefore you can still use Tazer afterwards.

-My logic is inline with Derek. I would not purchase Tazer over JScan. That's a personal choice because I can't justify the money for my needs.

-From the forums where I've seen Tazer mentioned while researching this topic, it doesn't sound like Tazer is looking in the right places for the solution. Their reasoning based on the actual conclusion found between myself and the JScan developer doesn't equate.

-Aside from that, I'm so pleased with JScan's customer service and innovation, I have no incentive to work this issue any further with another company to breed competition. I look forward to working with JScan again in the future for anything that might come up. My solution, however, is in my write-up if someone else wants to pursue it with Tazer.
I sent them an email a few days ago asking if it could turn the rear view camera on when turn signal is on like tazer but no response yet. If they can then I'll get it. Not going to pay tazer's $325 for one thing I want.

jlgunner2

First Name
Karyl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Why do you ask such hard questions? Etch says once programmed the settings stay in place without the security cable. So one would think the tazer could plug back in and not cause a conflict.
I was wondering because I have iOS and I don’t know if I have the latest update or what but I just downloaded the JSCAN app and it didn’t work on mine.
Jeep Wrangler JL Proximity door locks retrofit install (instructions, parts, links) on JL Wrangler FABF0081-91E4-4405-83BC-B695190A5DA4

63A4B75F-3C1B-4B03-A435-5C14A6C5FD5B.png

Osinski

First Name
Jose Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU Rubicon 3.6 Hella Yella
You need to have paid for the VIN license. When you entry into the app, you have to do a simply procedure to recognice the license, as erase all DTC codes, then you will activate the software. Then you have to activate all antennas (all steps previously posted, following the same sequence posted).
It works!
Sponsored