Sponsored

Proximity door locks retrofit install (instructions, parts, links) on JL Wrangler

AllMoparParts.com

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
My apologies for the confusion. You have the required circuits. The way we explained this on the modification image we created was with the intention that the pin would be added to that connector in order to carry the circuit to the connector without the latch.

If you are looking to simply splice them in as most people probably would here are the circuits indicated below.

Jeep Wrangler JL Proximity door locks retrofit install (instructions, parts, links) on JL Wrangler 1668209018562

The color of the wires still apply so use that help identify which ones are which.

- Benny
Sponsored

Zaiditime

First Name
Ahmed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
My apologies for the confusion. You have the required circuits. The way we explained this on the modification image we created was with the intention that the pin would be added to that connector in order to carry the circuit to the connector without the latch.

If you are looking to simply splice them in as most people probably would here are the circuits indicated below.

Jeep Wrangler JL Proximity door locks retrofit install (instructions, parts, links) on JL Wrangler 1668209018562

The color of the wires still apply so use that help identify which ones are which.

- Benny
Benny, can you dm your email address, I want to send you a gift card.

if I take the bottom two wires in this image, and connect them directly to the wire I received from you, that should work for the drive side right?

Thanks,
Ahmed

AllMoparParts.com

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Ahmed, That's much appreciated but not necessary.

Yes that is basically what we need to accomplish. The upper section of this Doc shows where they would need to connected to but remember the XY600 connectors pictured on that doc are the body side not the door side so you will need to invert the view Or look at the wire insertion side of the door harness connector and it will match up. Hope that make sense

- Benny

JL JT PASSIVE ENTRY Modification.jpg

Jay_Jeep

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Sport S 2 Door
So I ordered part number PSVENTRYJTBSM kit from all Mopar parts.com this morning and it says it shipped today but from what I’m reading the plugs might not work with the components in the half doors. Uggg. I guess I’ll have to wait until it arrives on Monday and see them possibly track down the half door harness

AllMoparParts.com

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
So I ordered part number PSVENTRYJTBSM kit from all Mopar parts.com this morning and it says it shipped today but from what I’m reading the plugs might not work with the components in the half doors. Uggg. I guess I’ll have to wait until it arrives on Monday and see them possibly track down the half door harness
Hi Jay,
For half doors would use the following harness's
68477709AD
68477717AD

All other parts would be the same. You can buy these and send back the others for a refund.

Please let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks,
-Benny

Sponsored

Jay_Jeep

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Sport S 2 Door
Hi Jay,
For half doors would use the following harness's
68477709AD
68477717AD

All other parts would be the same. You can buy these and send back the others for a refund.

Please let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks,
-Benny
Hey Benny, ok sounds good, I’ll order these then send the other 2 back when they arrive. These will have all the wiring and plugs for power mirrors, locks and the proximity doors?

AllMoparParts.com

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Hey Benny, ok sounds good, I’ll order these then send the other 2 back when they arrive. These will have all the wiring and plugs for power mirrors, locks and the proximity doors?
They are the most fully optioned half door harness available. Yes includes passive entry.

Thanks,
- Benny

brad1219

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL
Hi everyone, new member and this forum has been very helpful. I purchased the mopar proximity entry system from AllMoparParts. My mechanic installed all 3 doors and a Jeep dealer added the codes. None of the 3 doors work. I was told I may need an additional harness for my front doors since it is a 2019 Sport S, but my tailgate should work. I'm kind of at a standstill here as I can't find a dealer or mechanic who knows anything about this kit and can get it working. I am on Long Island. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

digidep

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler
After a couple hours and 2 broken extractor bits. I got it all back together. No idea why those were so fused in.
Any idea what size screws these are?

I am having to drill these out too.

Sponsored

digidep

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler
Well, as always I ran into an issue. I broke one of the window bolts when I went to remove it. So now I have to order a window assembly.

Debating on just installing it missing one of the bolts but not sure if it’ll hold the window.
What is the window assembly part number?

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
What is the window assembly part number?
Thats a good question. I just called the dealer at the time and luckily for me, one of them had it in stock. I picked it up and swapped out the entire assembly. It really wasn't that hard to swap but was more for piece of mind since I broke one of the tabs on the original one.

digidep

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler
Thats a good question. I just called the dealer at the time and luckily for me, one of them had it in stock. I picked it up and swapped out the entire assembly. It really wasn't that hard to swap but was more for piece of mind since I broke one of the tabs on the original one.
Did you break both driver and passenger bolts?

I've only done passenger so far. Super nervous to do the driver now.

What should have taken 30 minutes....

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
Did you break both driver and passenger bolts?

I've only done passenger so far. Super nervous to do the driver now.

What should have taken 30 minutes....
My only issue was with the driver side. I was just being careless. Take your time and I’m sure you will be fine. I was just too aggressive with one of the bolts.

My mistake was losing those 2 bolts too much. Turns out you can just loosen them and that’s all that’s needed. I tried to remove them completely for some reason and that’s when it broke.

Lesson learned but yeah, just loosen, don’t try to completely remove and you’ll be fine!
Sponsored