Sponsored

Proximity door locks retrofit install (instructions, parts, links) on JL Wrangler

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLR 2.0
@AllMoparParts.com I just got my drivers side door passive entry kit working, and decided to upgrade the other doors. When adding the part numbers, The total cost comes out to $295, but the shipping is an additional $221 (no option for $27 ground shipping). What's going on here? Why is it cheaper to buy the complete kit rather than just add on to my existing?

Jeep Wrangler JL Proximity door locks retrofit install (instructions, parts, links) on JL Wrangler 1.PNG
Sponsored

mferrara91

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
@AllMoparParts.com I just got my drivers side door passive entry kit working, and decided to upgrade the other doors. When adding the part numbers, The total cost comes out to $295, but the shipping is an additional $221 (no option for $27 ground shipping). What's going on here? Why is it cheaper to buy the complete kit rather than just add on to my existing?

Jeep Wrangler JL Proximity door locks retrofit install (instructions, parts, links) on JL Wrangler 1.PNG
Yeah, thatā€™s a little extreme! What are they shipping, next minute air?

AllMoparParts.com

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL

Hi,

There must be a product dimension that's way off. I will send you a code you can use in the meantime.

Thanks,
- Benny

Sponsored

david63

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara, 2018 & 2015 2 door JK Sport
Great seeing all the success stories. Anyone have issues where after installing you get a key fob flash but no lock or unlock. I only did the tailgate but have been success with just the tailgate

AllMoparParts.com

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Great seeing all the success stories. Anyone have issues where after installing you get a key fob flash but no lock or unlock. I only did the tailgate but have been success with just the tailgate

First 2 things that come to mind from what we have seen

1) Check the door connector to ensure no pins are bent

2) Possibly defective handle caps. When were the caps purchased? I think this is mentioned in this thread with photos of how to reverse the magnets within them to fix the issue.

- Benny

david63

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks - have checked all the pins and they seem good, As for the caps mine seemed older than the ones with issues and I tired 2 different ones. If the magnet was wrong would I get the flash on the Key fob when I pressed the button or grabbed the handle?

mferrara91

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
Thanks - have checked all the pins and they seem good, As for the caps mine seemed older than the ones with issues and I tired 2 different ones. If the magnet was wrong would I get the flash on the Key fob when I pressed the button or grabbed the handle?
What are the dates on the caps? If itā€™s 01/04/2021 then those are the bad ones. You can always pop the magnets out and reverse them to see if that works. I had the same issue with mine and didnā€™t get a flash from the key fob. I had the Jan 4th end caps. Took the magnets out and put them in my original end caps and worked right away.

AllMoparParts.com

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Good question and I am not really sure. I read that with the cap removed you can use a standard magnet to test if the caps are at fault, If so here is some info on reversing them https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...-it-out-diy-writeup.29199/page-39#post-707941

- Benny

Sponsored

rocketeer

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
@AllMoparParts.com I'm looking to buy the kit PSVENTRYJLBSM from your site and note that all web-sites say there is a 45 day waiting period. Any insight on what this means? Is this backordered from Chrysler?

StingGris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU sport altitude
really great thread... like many others we also forgot to option this on our Jeep. Any coupon code available for the forum members to use when placing the order? @AllMoparParts.com

AllMoparParts.com

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
@AllMoparParts.com I'm looking to buy the kit PSVENTRYJLBSM from your site and note that all web-sites say there is a 45 day waiting period. Any insight on what this means? Is this backordered from Chrysler?
Hi Kyle,
Its about a 30 day wait but some have received their kits even sooner. The inventory is so fluid that we have added this buffer as not to lead on customers into thinking they will get it in a matter of days.

Please let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks,
-Benny

AllMoparParts.com

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL

david63

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good question and I am not really sure. I read that with the cap removed you can use a standard magnet to test if the caps are at fault, If so here is some info on reversing them https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...-it-out-diy-writeup.29199/page-39#post-707941

- Benny
Removed the caps and played with the magnets, it sees mine are correctly installed as when flipped I do not get the flash on the key fob, but in either case still not lock or unlock - open to any other suggestions as this one is driving me nuts
Sponsored