Sponsored

"Protective Sticker Sheets" on front side of rear body color fenders?

robynE

First Name
Robyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
Hi, I picked up my new Sahara 4xe today and it has a long sticker (obviously rock protection) on the front side of the wheel fender. I'm not sure if its clear or body color, but is that supposed to stay there or is it something that is just there for transit? I would assume it would come on all the models. The dealer said its supposed to stay on there, but it just seems kind of odd to me.
Sponsored

AMKRubicon610

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLUR 6 SPD
Occupation
CPA
Hi, I picked up my new Sahara 4xe today and it has a long sticker (obviously rock protection) on the front side of the wheel fender. I'm not sure if its clear or body color, but is that supposed to stay there or is it something that is just there for transit? I would assume it would come on all the models. The dealer said its supposed to stay on there, but it just seems kind of odd to me.
Do you have a picture? It’s probably paint protection film, which you’d want to keep there!

OP
OP
robynE

robynE

First Name
Robyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
I didn't think to get a picture. I'm thinking that is what its for. I didn't have them on my 2018 Sahara so just thought maybe it was for transit only. I actually left it at the dealership to get different tires put on so I can't get a pic until Monday.

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
My New Rubicon has the same protection strip. They are clear strips for rock chips. Pretty tough strips. Like the Cell Phone screen protectors. My 2019 Sahara does not have them.

I cannot really see them but you can feel them.

20210316_140409.jpg

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
My white rear fender flares have those protective flim strips. I view them as a blessing when the rocks start flying.

Sponsored

OP
OP
robynE

robynE

First Name
Robyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
Good to know! Thanks guys. Great idea just never saw that before.

bumpit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Grand Cherokee 2019 JL Rubicon 2018 370z
I replaced it with one that covered the whole front of the fender. I'm very glad I did as it's taken a lot of hits the last couple years.

JLJoy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLU 3.0 Diesel
Where did you get yours that covers the entire front of the flare?

bumpit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Grand Cherokee 2019 JL Rubicon 2018 370z
Where did you get yours that covers the entire front of the flare?
I just went to a local shop that I always use for window tinting and had them do it. I think they charged me like 70 bucks.

3VOLVE

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Clear PPF. I had a branch rub up against the fender and it gently partially lifted it off. it did it’s job for sure.
Sponsored