Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.swissjeepjl.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon - Hella Yella - 2.2 Diesel
Vehicle Showcase
Where to find protections for the underside of our Jeep 2.2 Diesel?

There is nothing and all my requests are "we don't know if it's compatible".

I really regret this engine because of that!

Do you have addresses?
Sponsored

OP
OP
SwissSteph

SwissSteph

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.swissjeepjl.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, but in German I'm having trouble finding it. I searched but saw nothing for a site of parts for sale and compatible for the 2.2 Diesel.

Unique

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
You have to click the link I sent you and then scroll down until the underrun protection comes. everything for the 2.2 cdi

Unique

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Here they are...

1A35AD11-9656-467B-B9B0-6A16785306DA.png

Sponsored

OP
OP
SwissSteph

SwissSteph

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.swissjeepjl.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you for your help :like:

How can I see (photos?) of the parts installed on a Jeep JL? Can we find PDFs that show how to install these parts?

I don't speak German at all :(

What do you think of these parts ?

I looked at the pictures and I have the impression that the bolts (the little visible one) are not very big. I have doubts about the real solidity of these parts !? Did you manage to see some of them in real life?

SnoWhite

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Thank you for your help :like:

How can I see (photos?) of the parts installed on a Jeep JL? Can we find PDFs that show how to install these parts?

I don't speak German at all :(

What do you think of these parts ?

I looked at the pictures and I have the impression that the bolts (the little visible one) are not very big. I have doubts about the real solidity of these parts !? Did you manage to see some of them in real life?
Hello Steph,

Sorry for digging up this old thread, but I am rather new to the forum and also looking for decent skid plates for the 2.2 Diesel. The only thing that I did come across was re suspension, so I was wondering - did you end up buying? Or did you find anything else that works with the 2.2 Diesel?

Thanks for letting me know.

(By the way: I do not live to far from re suspension, so I might just go there one day and have a look at their stuff...)

OP
OP
SwissSteph

SwissSteph

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.swissjeepjl.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hello Michael,

No, I didn't find anything (well, not much searched) anyway there's almost nothing for Jeeps with the 2.2 Diesel engine, I'm sorry I bought this engine, I should have taken the 2.0 Gasoline.

I don't have more info about the above mentioned parts, but I keep in my mind (it's a personal opinion!) that they are more "nice to look at" parts and not parts where it's possible to put the car (with all its weight) on it.
I'm not at all interested in "look" protections.

Sorry I don't have better news

Creeker

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ-7, 2020 JLR
Build Thread
Link
OP
OP
SwissSteph

SwissSteph

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.swissjeepjl.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hello Jim

For me this gentleman does a very good job, it is MY definition of a worthy protection.

The problem is that we are in Europe and I don't see how he could modify something without having an example (Jeep 2 doors with the 2.2 Diesel engine) on the spot. That without counting the price for his work AND for the transport in Europe.

In the USA you have many solutions, but we have nothing. My only hope is Australia who also have 2.2 Diesel and who use their Jeep really in difficult situations, on the other hand the serious problem is that they have a right hand drive so not like us :mad:

Sponsored

OP
OP
SwissSteph

SwissSteph

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.swissjeepjl.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
No parts for the JL in his site, I will send him an email!

Thanks for the information :like:

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Where to find protections for the underside of our Jeep 2.2 Diesel?

There is nothing and all my requests are "we don't know if it's compatible".

I really regret this engine because of that!

Do you have addresses?
Just know that I have wheeled the Rubicon Trail, all the Badge trails at Moab and other trails at Moab, Windrock, Rauch Creek, Uwharrie, Holy Cross in Colorado and many other places that have tons of rock with out an engine skid. If you remember that all the expensive stuff is in the middle of the Jeep and wheel accordingly, you can minimize the risk. I think that an engine skid is only necessary if you plan to do the most extreme type of off roading, where you have to worry about extensive body damage, breaking axles, breaking steering components, and crushing the exhaust. If you are not planning to do that kind of wheeling, add the engine skid just because it is kind of cool. In 99% of the time it is not needed and the times where it is, pick a better line. You literally have to look for a place that an obstacle is tall enough to reach the oil pan and then drive over it instead of around it.

OP
OP
SwissSteph

SwissSteph

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.swissjeepjl.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Your remark is not at all wrong, I agree with you.

However, I'm looking for a minimum of protection, mainly the bottom of the engine, but also the protection of the rear because there is the fuel tank and also the "AdBlue" tank which is really very exposed on the 2.2 Diesel.

I am waiting for the answer of the manufacturer in Spain and I will put here his answer for those who are interested and living in Europe.

SnoWhite

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Hello Michael,

No, I didn't find anything (well, not much searched) anyway there's almost nothing for Jeeps with the 2.2 Diesel engine, I'm sorry I bought this engine, I should have taken the 2.0 Gasoline.

I don't have more info about the above mentioned parts, but I keep in my mind (it's a personal opinion!) that they are more "nice to look at" parts and not parts where it's possible to put the car (with all its weight) on it.
I'm not at all interested in "look" protections.

Sorry I don't have better news
Steph,

As I stated before, I have not seen the parts in person yet, but I have talked to the guy who developed them on the phone (Ralf Ehlermann) and read some stuff about him and his past. He seems to me the "no-bullshit type" and I doubt that he would sell anything that is just for the looks.

He has got quite a history doing Land Rover parts and complete rebuilts, including the rebuilt of a Defender for Dakar.

It does not seem all that long that he is also working on Jeeps, but generally, he really seems to know what he is doing. The skid plates that he is offering are made of massive aluminum (8mm / 0.3").

Whatever you think of it - I am intrigued and I will definitely give it a closer look as soon as I find the time (and as soon as COVID allows...).

Generally speaking, I am totally with you that it is worth protecting some parts of the Jeep. True, if you know what you are doing and going carefully, the engine area should not be hurt (although some additional protection won't hurt either), but I am interested in the protection for other, rather sensitive parts of the 2.2 Diesel that this guy is offering, like the adBlue-tank and the dpf-sensor.

If you are interested, I am going to keep you posted once I have been able to spend this guy a visit...
Sponsored