Sponsored

Protection inside for the dash.

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
As you can see from my avatar my Bernesevsierra likes to ride shotgun She sits up braces her paw on the handgrip on the dash. Problem is her nails scratch up th plastic grab bar and the dash sometimes she rests an elbow on the armrest and her other paw against the dash. Same issue. So what would be a good way to protect the dash?
On a similar note what is a good way to protect the plastic in the back?
Sponsored

Cwu21

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
If she just rests her paw on the handle part you could always get some 550 cord and do a nice wrap around on it. That is what I had planned on doing. As far as the dash goes you could always get a custom premium dash Matt but might look super cheesy on a wrangler and being an owner of a big dog you might just have to deal with the hair and scratches to the back plastic ;)

ResponsibleAdult

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, Rubicon, Mojito
As you can see from my avatar my Bernesevsierra likes to ride shotgun She sits up braces her paw on the handgrip on the dash. Problem is her nails scratch up th plastic grab bar and the dash sometimes she rests an elbow on the armrest and her other paw against the dash. Same issue. So what would be a good way to protect the dash?
On a similar note what is a good way to protect the plastic in the back?
Take this for what it's worth... When our youngest newf was a pup, she chewed the top side off one of the rear seats of one of our vehicles. So much for that nice baseball leather, and resale value....

I like the cord wrap idea for the grab bar. I'm planning on doing a vinyl wrap on the dash panel anyway - I want black seats (black dogs), and I'm buying mojito. I suggest seeing what the aftermarket has in store for those who don't like their dash colour. You might find the perfect option for your driving companion.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I have the same issue, my enthusiastic GSD scratched the soft plastic dash on my JK. He has a Seat belt harness, but still could reach that dash..
"Covercraft" makes dash protectors, there's a great choice of materials and colors to go with their seat covers, interior and exterior covers. Hopefully they'll have dash covers for JLs soon

RonAZ

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Seeing as this thread has gone to the dogs, do they make seat belt harnesses for dogs. Seeing as I am not driving big rigs anymore I have been thinking about getting a buddy.

Sponsored

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Seeing as this thread has gone to the dogs, do they make seat belt harnesses for dogs. Seeing as I am not driving big rigs anymore I have been thinking about getting a buddy.
Yup, seatbelt harnesses are a 100% must for both of my fur-covered passengers. Keeps them safe, and keeps them from being projectiles.

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
Goto google and look for--wiring harness wraps--several mfgs-provide different colors/lengths/zippered nylon and --

You can pick color (black) and use as temp protection when needed

Good luck

JIMBO
Sponsored