Sponsored

Protection for the rear painted fenders?

juliotrending

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler
Can someone point in the right direction for protection of the painted rear fenders. I have 2 dings already (1200 miles) and also a broken windshield. Wife was like, welcome to Jeep life.
My buddy (4xe) suggested running boards like he has on his. I have rock slides.
Thanks in advance.

8834DF76-D65A-4A76-B2C8-29B9F971F7BD.jpeg
Sponsored

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon

JESTER46

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2021 F150 Platinum, 2019 Mustang GT PP2
Xpel is expensive but worth it if you plan on keeping the vehicle, I have all mine wrapped. I did the satin on mine, came out awesome in my opinion.

imagejpeg_0 (7).jpg

Sontavaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Lj - sold-cause im an idiot. 2019 blue rubi ordered and received. I need my LJ back.
Occupation
Repressor of civil rights
3m paint protection film is awesome and you buy it in rolls of different widths and lengths on Amazon. I use it for all my vehicle in high impact areas. Areas like the door edges, and the thresholds where people hit the paint with their feet. I did the area around the tub, where the hardtop sits, because that area always get scratched up. Under door handles, to protect from finger nails. On the roll bars where the sun shades rub etc. it clear, virtually invisible, easy to work with, and perfect for protecting paint.

Bartholomew

First Name
Bartholomew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I had to change out the sliders for running boards so my daughter could get in my JLUR. My MIL's driveway is gravel. The running boards deflect those little rocks extremely well.

In the rare times that need the sliders I can put them back on in 20 minutes.

Sponsored

COJLGirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe, 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4...
Can someone point in the right direction for protection of the painted rear fenders. I have 2 dings already (1200 miles) and also a broken windshield. Wife was like, welcome to Jeep life.
My buddy (4xe) suggested running boards like he has on his. I have rock slides.
Thanks in advance.

8834DF76-D65A-4A76-B2C8-29B9F971F7BD.jpeg
I had the front and rear fender flares completely wrapped in Suntek 11mm (thicker) film. I was going to do Xpel, however my installer is no longer affiliated with them. Both are a great choice. As for windshield protection, you can go with Gorilla glass or a film such as STEK or ClearPlex. Gorilla glass wasn’t available when I placed the order for my 4xe so I had STEK Dyno installed on the windshield.

brennaman

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 WK 2014 JK, 2021 JLR snazzberry
Occupation
damn near retired
I got nuthin for ya, but damn that looks nice. 2-dr snazzberry, don't get much better.

Saddle Tramp

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 3.0 Turbo Diesel
I swapped out the stock rock slides for the performance version..very pricey but the look great and should protect the rear fenders. Mine were already trashed from the gravel roads at my house in the mountains.
Sponsored