Sponsored

Prospective buyer asking: Anyone with more than 5K miles and no problems?

Slaw32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 willy's sport
How about cold climates ? I have 'heard' that electric vehicles don't perform well in winter conditions , below zero temperatures . Any 4xe owners have any real life experience with electric range and driveability in extreme low temperatures ? I am looking to purchase a new wrangler unlimited . Looking for input from owners real world experiences .

Trident1231

First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler sahara
Occupation
Dental hygienist
Had a CEL, WAS PISSED! When I went to bed I realized I gassed up and maybe didn't tighten the gas cap. I dunno if I'm the only one having issues closing that damn thing, but I do everything lol. cel went away after 3days after closing it properly

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
I could tell you, but then....
But I also don't expect mile 589 that the car shuts down on the highway
Happy to report that I passed mile 589 on the way to work this morning. I approached it with baited breath, and loudly exhaled as we crossed 590. Was at 619 when I parked and all was good!

In all seriousness, I bought an early first run 2018 JL Rubicon. It had 41,000 near flawless miles on it when I sold it earlier this year. It was a combination of trails, roads, beach, etc. and did great. I say that in order to reiterate that despite all the horror stories out there, especially on forums, about the vehicle, there are definitely successes. My experience, as well as those that I work and play with that had similar experience, allowed me to comfortably purchase my '21 4xe Rubicon a couple weeks ago despite stories comparable to the first run '18s.

Now, will it hold true with the 4xe? Time will tell. In the meantime, I'll keep doing what I do until it proves me wrong....

OP
OP

john adams

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD, Bolt
Happy to report that I passed mile 589 on the way to work this morning. I approached it with baited breath, and loudly exhaled as we crossed 590. Was at 619 when I parked and all was good!

In all seriousness, I bought an early first run 2018 JL Rubicon. It had 41,000 near flawless miles on it when I sold it earlier this year. It was a combination of trails, roads, beach, etc. and did great. I say that in order to reiterate that despite all the horror stories out there, especially on forums, about the vehicle, there are definitely successes. My experience, as well as those that I work and play with that had similar experience, allowed me to comfortably purchase my '21 4xe Rubicon a couple weeks ago despite stories comparable to the first run '18s.

Now, will it hold true with the 4xe? Time will tell. In the meantime, I'll keep doing what I do until it proves me wrong....
Hoping for the same. I expect issues anD am generally OK with that as long as they are not serious and addressed well by Jeep.
Sponsored