Sponsored

Prospective buyer asking: Anyone with more than 5K miles and no problems?

sentience

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lexus GX, 2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
Occupation
bureaucrat@gov
Anyone want to trade? Asking for a friend.

Funny someone mentioned a future hybrid 4Runner. I’ve owned Toyotas before, have a soft spot for them. If that ever comes out, I’d probably jump ship. Getting annoyed with the build quality issues with my 4xe.

JollieOllie

First Name
Ollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Firecracker Red Unlimited Rubicon 4xe
Vehicle Showcase
I've had my 4xe Rubicon for over 3 months now and it has gone 5,000km, without a visit to the dealer. No long trips yet, but there is one coming up in November. I feel badly for anybody having issues with their Jeep. I know people who have issues with their vehicles that are not Jeeps and are not first-year models. It happens and it would suck.

Loving my 4xe!

Avocado

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon 4xe
I have over 12k km which is about 7500 miles.

No issues so far, I did maybe half of that with stock equipment before getting the 2” mopar lift, a set of 37’s and a winch.

Since then I’ve done some nice off roading, mountain climbs, river crossings, reasonable mud and hill climbs - I get a kick out of crawling up things that would have had the engine roaring - to be honest it makes the climb seem easy, I almost don’t respect how hard the Jeep is working to haul me up there.

I read these forums somewhat religiously and see a lot of talk of problems and can understand people’s positions… naturally if something goes wrong I’d be looking for help on here too so I think we see a disproportionate amount of bad posts v’s good posts - kind of like most media.

I was on the fence about unloading a bunch of cash on my 4xe but am glad I decided to pony up.

This thing is awesome, I made the right decision as of now.

Sponsored

halsjeep

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe, 2020 Jeep Gladiator
I spoke too soon. I jinxed myself. Today I was driving to work and got a P0A79, Drive Motor "B" Inverter Performance error. Dealer says it is a software update issue. Will see.

rocksarntpeople

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLUR Diesel, '08 BMW M135i
Why not sake it at these crazy inflated prices and order a new one? You can pretty much sale a used one for the cost of ordering a new one these days.

Is that actually true though? If it were possible to wash the truck I would be more than happy to do it, however it looks like the MSRP on these has gone up about 10K since I bought mine

ipizzaipizza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Major problems on mine didn't start until after 6k+ miles.
1) OTA update bricked Uconnect/radio.
2) AC compressor died after loud clunking noises.

Both were fixed but waiting for parts basically took 2 months.

Overall just a bad time for any vehicle to have problems due to limited parts availabity/backordered, and most service departments not having loaners.

Jerpy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Had my 4xe for 5 months, ~5K miles, just did a 4-hour drive to Las Vegas, and zero issues.

Just took it in to the dealership for RRTs and basic inspection.

OllieChristopher

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GMC 2WD Sierra, 4.3, NV3500, 3:73/TruTrac
As long as you are aware of it being a 1st year model. Just purchase with a appropriate frame of mind. You are going to have some issues other than routine maintenance. It is all speculation whether the ones you have will be minor, major or when those happen.

Any vehicle built in this world will have mechanical issues at some point. 1st year models have a track record of having reliability issues........

Sponsored

Kfoo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Willys
Hate to be a negative Nancy here, but I will add a negative data point.

We have two wranglers. My v6 MT has had no issues in the 4k miles since it arrived at the end of May.

The 4xe is the exact opposite. We got it at the end of June. We brought it to the dealership for a CEL at the beginning of September, which involved a Jeep engineer going to the dealership to take a look. A couple weeks later, another CEL and another trip to the dealer. It has been at the dealership ever since - about two and a half weeks to this point. Sitting at about 480 miles. This excludes issues regarding missing parts and the SOT leaking. To say that we are not happy with this situation is an understatement.

I am somewhat glad to hear that most people are having an enjoyable time with their 4xe, but unfortunately it is not all roses.

bkinnj

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 DDRT / '21 JLUR4xe
11k miles since mid-April and zero issues. knock on wood. Love my 4xe !

Mugzzzee

First Name
Hal (aka Mugs)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Retired since 2004
Hello folks...I have a 2018 JLUR with 19K miles. No issues whatsoever. I may be one of the lucky ones.

Jehnbar

First Name
Jenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Palisade
Picked up 8/25 and have 4300 miles. Was SO nervous to pick up from Fort Collins, CO, go through Nebraska, the Dakotas, Montana, Wyoming, Idaho, and finally home to CA, but it did it with NO issues. No regrets, but I do understand it’s a first year model and there will be growing pains at some point.
Sponsored