Sponsored

Prospective buyer asking: Anyone with more than 5K miles and no problems?

john adams

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD, Bolt
I have a 4xe built, priced, credit-checked, and just waiting for a deposit.

The reliability and long service is holding me back but I wonder if that's just the negative folks making a racket. How many 4xe owners have 5K miles and no issues?

For my $70K, I don't want to see the dealer except for routine maintenance for a couple years and I never want to see them because something's gone seriously wrong for at least 4-5 years.

I am excited to join the Wrangler club, like the 4xe for a lot of reasons that probably drew most of you to it. Just paused here at the finish line on the purchase.
Sponsored

OP
OP

john adams

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD, Bolt
That's a small class (of 1) at the moment. I've read the accounts on here. It's scary. By the numbers, assuming the negative voices are in the minority , there should be a lot of people with lots of miles and no issues. It would make me feel more comfortable with the purchase to hear from people driving 4xes with 5K miles and no issues. Heck I'd take 3K+, which is still super low miles and when you should expect no problems.

Deleted member 72291

I only have 1400 miles on my 4xe Sahara right now and no issues. I have two other friends that have had their 4xe's for several months now, one a Sahara and another a Rubicon.

The friend with the Sahara has 6500 miles with no issues. He's taken it on trails several times, done a couple of weekend getaways where he's put on 500+ miles in 3 days, and everything has been great.

The friend with the Rubicon has just under 5000 miles, and he's had a couple CELs pop up that reset/cleared themselves and he suspected they were just issues with the gas cap not tight enough. He did go in a couple weeks ago for the software updates and he's had zero issues since then.

Sponsored

Fsttanks

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 JK / 2020 JLUR
I have a 4xe built, priced, credit-checked, and just waiting for a deposit.

The reliability and long service is holding me back but I wonder if that's just the negative folks making a racket. How many 4xe owners have 5K miles and no issues?

For my $70K, I don't want to see the dealer except for routine maintenance for a couple years and I never want to see them because something's gone seriously wrong for at least 4-5 years.

I am excited to join the Wrangler club, like the 4xe for a lot of reasons that probably drew most of you to it. Just paused here at the finish line on the purchase.
Then a Jeep is not for you regardless of hybrid or not. The hybrid is the most complicated of all the Wrangler line up and still very new. Jeep usually takes two years to work out the bugs on new models. At least that is my experience having I owned several over the last 20 years.

My 2020 JLUR had so many issues Jeep had to buy it back. My 2021 replacement JLUR has been great so far but then I ordered it with almost no extra electronic gizmos.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
That's a small class (of 1) at the moment. I've read the accounts on here. It's scary. By the numbers, assuming the negative voices are in the minority , there should be a lot of people with lots of miles and no issues. It would make me feel more comfortable with the purchase to hear from people driving 4xes with 5K miles and no issues. Heck I'd take 3K+, which is still super low miles and when you should expect no problems.
2k, only issue I've identified is a little transmission fluid seepage I'll have them address at the first oil change. If I hadn't been under the Jeep working on the suspension, I'd never have noticed.

The gas cap is a little odd, and doesn't take much to pop off, had it unscrew itself and throw a MIL about 300 miles after the last fill up (still over half a tank when it happened). Certainly could have been some user error in getting it set.

OP
OP

john adams

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD, Bolt
Then a Jeep is not for you regardless of hybrid or not. The hybrid is the most complicated of all the Wrangler line up and still very new. Jeep usually takes two years to work out the bugs on new models. At least that is my experience having I owned several over the last 20 years.

My 2020 JLUR had so many issues Jeep had to buy it back. My 2021 replacement JLUR has been great so far but then I ordered it with almost no extra electronic gizmos.
Thanks you. Good to hear from a brand loyalist. I understand that Jeep isn't the highest reliability brand. I am OK with that but the issues here seem in excess of that issue. And I get that G1 (now going on G2) vehicles have kinks. I don't mind taking the car in for recalls.

But I also don't expect mile 589 that the car shuts down on the highway and some of the others. Again maybe there are just negative people making more noise--if so, that's the Internet!

Thanks to the people posting their affirmations. Lower miles but I still like hearing it. Please keep em coming.

Fsttanks

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 JK / 2020 JLUR
I understand that Jeep isn't the highest reliability brand. I am OK with that but the issues here seem in excess of that issue. And I get that G1 (now going on G2) vehicles have kinks. I don't mind taking the car in for recalls.

But I also don't expect mile 589 that the car shuts down on the highway and some of the others. Again maybe there are just negative people making more noise--if so, that's the Internet!
The hybrid Wrangler is only going into the second year of production at a time when parts suppliers are struggling to deliver parts. Jeep is not known for their QC and let’s a lot of little things slide that would cost next to nothing to do right on the assembly line. They push these off to “maybe we will see a warranty issue maybe not”.

With my 2020 3.6 JLUR if I did have several videos of the electrical failures happen and two page print outs of OBD fault codes Jeep would still be saying there is no problem. The hybrid Wrangler is even more electrically complicated an area that the vast majority of dealerships have no idea how to fix because it is so new.

I am not saying the hyoid a bad idea it just needs a bit more time for QC and dealership experience with them to catch up. Especially for the high price point and expectation of new Jeep buyers.

Last edited:

Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
One thing to remember this isn't necessarily the first application of the "new hybrid" components.

The front etorque motor has been in the Ram 1500s since MY 2019 (I believe around the same time for the JL). The rear transmission mounted motor is made by ZF as part of the transmission, and ZF has been doing this in the BMW e range for several years. The 2.0T is the same Etourqe 2.0 thats been in the JL.

Jeep had some practice with the battery and charging system in the Pacifica Hybrid over the past few years.

Echo4papa

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Occupation
Success Engineer
>5k Miles here... only issue I've had was loose castle nut on the lower ball joints that needed to be tightened.

Make sure your fuses are properly seated
Check your tire pressure (seems to come at 41+, lower it to 36 before driving home)

2018JLRUSellersremorse

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4Xe Rubicon

I had a '18 JLRU and I traded it in with 56,000 miles. I had zero issues

Mgg253

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
3600 miles. 1 CEL that cleared itself. Can’t get a dealer to return a phone call on a paint issue. Which pisses me off, my sticker was a little over 67k and higher now with their increases.

Other than that, Love the Jeep and the power. Have wheeled it 6 days, on moderate trails, absolutely love it’s capability. I did buy the extended warranty for 10 yrs 125k miles because too much to go wrong on a first year model.I paid about 50% of what the initial quote for the warranty was. And side note don’t care what people say about warranties… I’m 3/3 prior on payout above what it cost me, collectively saving me almost 10k.
Sponsored