Sponsored

Props where due

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
Just a quick note about my first order from Quadratec.

Of note were the pleasantness of the girl that took my order and the short shipping time, ordered late Friday afternoon, received Monday afternoon.

Quadratec branded Hitch, heavy built, fit perfect, hardware included, 5 minute install.

Quadratec branded hitch mount 2-bike rack. Very well thought out, solid AF, affordable.

Diver Down Seat Covers I haven't had a chance to install. I'm trying to find the obsolute best UV protector to shoot them with first as they are said to be prone to fading. Right now they are dark black and brilliant yellow. I'd like them to stay that way for awhile.
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy

Coyne11

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon , 1989 Toyota Pickup 4x4 SAS Swap

Of note were the pleasantness of the girl that took my order and the short shipping time, ordered late Friday afternoon, received Monday afternoon.

Quadratec branded Hitch, heavy built, fit perfect, hardware included, 5 minute install.

Quadratec branded hitch mount 2-bike rack. Very well thought out, solid AF, affordable.

Diver Down Seat Covers I haven't had a chance to install. I'm trying to find the obsolute best UV protector to shoot them with first as they are said to be prone to fading. Right now they are dark black and brilliant yellow. I'd like them to stay that way for awhile.
Which bike rack did you get? Looking to get one that clears bikes with a bigger 37” tire on the back.

OP
OP
LuvHydro

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Which bike rack did you get? Looking to get one that clears bikes with a bigger 37” tire on the back.
https://www.quadratec.com/p/quadratec/2-bike-folding-bike-rack

There are two mounting holes to allow for more clearance.

It tilts down so you can open the tailgate. It has 2 systems that remove ALL the free play, thus is is solid as a rock.

I'm an Engineer, so usually quite critical of poorly thought out designs, but this one is like I designed it for myself.

Xcoaste

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Past - '13 JKU, '97 TJ, '93 YJ
I have always had great success when dealing with Quadratec. Been ordering from them for 20+ years!

Sponsored

blink9cd

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Willys

I've been getting several things from Quadratec; everything house brand seems like quality. I was thinking of ordering the Diver Downs in blue, probably for similar reasons to why you got yellow. But I've never had seat covers before, and there's a few forum posts that complain about neoprene seat covers and not breathing so clothes moisture. Also a couple reviews saying they're hard to install. Have you tried the Diver Down them out yet?

OP
OP
LuvHydro

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've been getting several things from Quadratec; everything house brand seems like quality. I was thinking of ordering the Diver Downs in blue, probably for similar reasons to why you got yellow. But I've never had seat covers before, and there's a few forum posts that complain about neoprene seat covers and not breathing so clothes moisture. Also a couple reviews saying they're hard to install. Have you tried the Diver Down them out yet?
I purchased mine as a compromise.
It was hard to find yellow accent covers.

The good points is they were very affordable, they look sweet, they seem to be constructed well.

The possible bad points is I had one person say they are hot, I've read fading is a real issue with neoprene and while I like value, $200 is pretty cheap.

I haven't installed them because I'm still trying to find the best UV protectant spray. I'm not having much luck.

I probably won't install until spring now.

In the end they were the only ones I could find in yellow that weren't $600+

I'm guessing the install will suck, I'm just kinda counting on that. 😁

Honestly, I'll probably just take the seats out for the install.

blink9cd

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Willys

The good points is they were very affordable, they look sweet, they seem to be constructed well.

The possible bad points is I had one person say they are hot, I've read fading is a real issue with neoprene and while I like value, $200 is pretty cheap.

I haven't installed them because I'm still trying to find the best UV protectant spray. I'm not having much luck.

Sounds like we feel pretty similarly about them, I wonder how much they fade with the top on and a sunshade. I bought 303 to put on my SOT for general protective purposes; I saw UV is on the list too.. can't say I've used it yet. Maybe you should bite the bullet and do the install for us right now :D

TheNewGuy

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 door

I installed the Diver Down covers in my 2 door this week. Overall not too bad as far as installation goes. The back seat was easier than I thought it would be given the cramped space of the 2 door.
Unfortunately I didnt treat them before installing. Let me know which UV protectant you go with.

20211119_115143.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
LuvHydro

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I installed the Diver Down covers in my 2 door this week. Overall not too bad as far as installation goes. The back seat was easier than I thought it would be given the cramped space of the 2 door.
Unfortunately I didnt treat them before installing. Let me know which UV protectant you go with.

Jeep Wrangler JL Props where due 20211119_115143
I still haven't decided. Its gonna be too cold here for several months to install them.

I assumed the front seats would be a bitch to install. They aren't?

TheNewGuy

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I still haven't decided. Its gonna be too cold here for several months to install them.

I assumed the front seats would be a bitch to install. They aren't?
I didnt think it was too bad. I have skinny hands so feeding everything through was pretty easy. I messed up and put the drivers bottom on the passenger seat so I had to redo those. I'd say it took about an hour to do the fronts, headrests and all. I did the back seat a few days later.

OP
OP
LuvHydro

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I didnt think it was too bad. I have skinny hands so feeding everything through was pretty easy. I messed up and put the drivers bottom on the passenger seat so I had to redo those. I'd say it took about an hour to do the fronts, headrests and all. I did the back seat a few days later.
Thanks. I need to get back to researching UV protection, but there just isn't much real world testing info out there.

I found an article which was perfect, they took a bunch of fabric swatches and a bunch of UV protectant sprays and tested them for a year. Sadly, they never posted the results.

TheNewGuy

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks. I need to get back to researching UV protection, but there just isn't much real world testing info out there.

I found an article which was perfect, they took a bunch of fabric swatches and a bunch of UV protectant sprays and tested them for a year. Sadly, they never posted the results.
I already have a bottle of 303. I may just go with that based on forum searches
Sponsored