Sponsored

Proper winter tires : my shortlist (would you consider anything else?)

JLBoucher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2DR Willys 6MT
Hello, bonjour.

Proper winter tires are mandatory in Quebec (which is a very good thing). Four-seasons A/T's aren't cutting it, according to Société de l'Assurance automobile du Québec (it's a 2500 $CAN fine if you get caught without proper winter tires between December 15th and March 15th).

So i'm looking for proper winter tires for next year. My shortlist brought it down to Michelin Agilis Crossclimate HO (whiches are homologated for winter in Quebec, for some strange reason) and Firestone Winterforce.

Is there another dedicated winter tire I should consider?

Thanks, merci.
Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Hello, bonjour.

Proper winter tires are mandatory in Quebec (which is a very good thing). Four-seasons A/T's aren't cutting it, according to Société de l'Assurance automobile du Québec (it's a 2500 $CAN fine if you get caught without proper winter tires between December 15th and March 15th).

So i'm looking for proper winter tires for next year. My shortlist brought it down to Michelin Agilis Crossclimate HO (whiches are homologated for winter in Quebec, for some strange reason) and Firestone Winterforce.

Is there another dedicated winter tire I should consider?

Thanks, merci.
https://www.nokiantires.com/company...ils-new-premium-winter-tire-for-light-trucks/

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Did you strap these on yours? I always strapped Nokians on my previous cars and they're absolutely great.
No, luckily our winters are mild enough that a decent AT will suffice. But Nokians have a reputation as the best dedicated winter tires and from all I've read that seems to be true!

Sponsored

OP
OP
JLBoucher

JLBoucher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2DR Willys 6MT
No, luckily our winters are mild enough that a decent AT will suffice. But Nokians have a reputation as the best dedicated winter tires and from all I've read that seems to be true!
They've always been reliable, durable and very good on snow and ice, from what I can tell from my previous cars. That includes RWD cars in 30cm of snow.

I didn't know Nokian were making rubbers for Wranglers. Thanks for the tip, I think we have a winner.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
They've always been reliable, durable and very good on snow and ice, from what I can tell from my previous cars. That includes RWD cars in 30cm of snow.

I didn't know Nokian were making rubbers for Wranglers. Thanks for the tip, I think we have a winner.
You will pay more, but in that case you get what you pay for!

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
JLBoucher

JLBoucher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2DR Willys 6MT
That's it, bought.

I'll give you my impression next winter...or even in a day or two because yes, f'n hell, we just received 50 cm of snow in Eastern Quebec.

Yes. In April. F me.
Don't get me wrong: I love my Willys in the snow. It's just that I psychologically can't stand snow after April 10th.
Sponsored

Last edited: