Sponsored

Project Lurch, my slow build of a JLUR

5foot19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
So, I traded in my MT 2016 sahara for more of my dream rig, with 2021's hitting the lots a rubicon with the new 8 spd auto was had for a good price.
Jeep Wrangler JL Project Lurch, my slow build of a JLUR mffZ2mT

first, a little weight savings, and removed the end caps
Jeep Wrangler JL Project Lurch, my slow build of a JLUR DV6o30s

new grill guard installed (Warn low). I love the looks, it does make it right to use the recovery points, but that's what shackles are for
Jeep Wrangler JL Project Lurch, my slow build of a JLUR MtW5Clm

Next on the list, I have some artec light mounts on order, and hoping to pick up a couple rigid d-ss for the A-frame

Current build idea
Light mount - artec A pillar dual cube LED mount
Lights - rigid d-ss lights
rear bumper - Warn elite w/tire carrier
spare tire delete kit
Winch plate - artec
Winch - warn zeon 10S, maybe a smittybilt xrc gen 3
skid plates - artec Aluminum skid plates
Tires - 35's, maybe 37s? still uncertain but because of the snow, I don't want to swap tires in the winter, and I NEED proper winter tires, so I'll try out the k02's this winter, but I loved my duratracs, maybe Toyo Open Country A/T III or falken Wildpeak a/t3w? I dont know I could do 37's if I could find winter rated AT tires in 37's that work for me.
Wheels - Bronze fuel kicker 5

lift - teraflex 2.5 inch RT2 lift would be my goal lift, but that'll be a financial decision for a later day
Half doors, HALF DOORS! my kingdom for half doors!
Sponsored

Last edited:

ExpeditionBuilds

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Recon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Photographer/ Content Creator
Congrats, looking forward to watching your build come together.

-Steven

OP
OP

5foot19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Mall crawler no more, I made it out on to some simpler trails this weekend, I figured seeing how it was my first try at off roading, I should start easier. the weather and scenery were great!

68taiA0.jpg

8rlfOnP.jpg

wByb4VL.jpg

dATKowb.jpg

OP
OP

5foot19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
light mount and lights showed up. It's an Artec A pillar mount. it seems pretty sturdy. Since the light mount directly to the bracket, you loose the rigid U bracket, and in doing so, loose the ability to aimn your lights left and right, so I went with some rigid D-SS lights. I'm very happy with the fit and finish of both components.

ydiTcHB.jpg

AjbQ5kC.jpg

OP
OP

5foot19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Took advantage of the warm weather to put the spiderwebshade that got delivered a month ago on under the hardtop. Yes, there is still feet of snow on the ground, we cant all live in Texas. It was a little tricky to mount it with the hardtop on (I had to loosen the hardtop bolts so I could lift the top slightly and pass the bungies through), but not too bad. I did have to remove the Artec light mounts to be able to lower the windshield slightly to put in the clips for the spiderwebshade. I was unsure about the red being too vibrant, but I am happy with the results.

Jeep Wrangler JL Project Lurch, my slow build of a JLUR PXL_20210310_200522945

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
light mount and lights showed up. It's an Artec A pillar mount. it seems pretty sturdy. Since the light mount directly to the bracket, you loose the rigid U bracket, and in doing so, loose the ability to aimn your lights left and right, so I went with some rigid D-SS lights. I'm very happy with the fit and finish of both components.

looking at the same lighting set up for my build. Did you put SS lights on top and bottom? Spot, flood, or driving? Do you have the aux switches?

OP
OP

5foot19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
looking at the same lighting set up for my build. Did you put SS lights on top and bottom? Spot, flood, or driving? Do you have the aux switches?
I put SS floods on the top and ss spots on the bottom and wired them in tot he factory aux switches (it was so simple I was concerned I misunderstood something). I put the flood on the top to get them a little farther away from the hood in hopes the wider beam pattern wouldn't hit the hood and cause a mess of glare. In my case it appears to have worked, I get very little light thrown on the hood and the lights really do throw a lot of light.

So far, with one very salty Canadian winter down, I see only the TINIEST hint of rust on the light mount where a screw rubbed the paint off the metal.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I put SS floods on the top and ss spots on the bottom and wired them in tot he factory aux switches (it was so simple I was concerned I misunderstood something). I put the flood on the top to get them a little farther away from the hood in hopes the wider beam pattern wouldn't hit the hood and cause a mess of glare. In my case it appears to have worked, I get very little light thrown on the hood and the lights really do throw a lot of light.

So far, with one very salty Canadian winter down, I see only the TINIEST hint of rust on the light mount where a screw rubbed the paint off the metal.
Thanks! Yeah I was concerned that the SS lights on the bottom would throw a lot of glare on the hood. I was thinking about just doing the SS for the floods.

OP
OP

5foot19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Thanks! Yeah I was concerned that the SS lights on the bottom would throw a lot of glare on the hood. I was thinking about just doing the SS for the floods.
so the SS lights are a "pair". so the light on the driver side A pillar has side lights ont he left of the housing (not the right), and the lights on the passenger side A pillar has lights on the right hand side. so the SS lights (when bought in pairs, not singles) each throw light forward, and to one side.
Sponsored