Sponsored

Programmer/Tuner that allows custom fan settings?

Mudduck

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys 4door
I did some googling. couldnt find my answer. Wondering if there are any tuners that allow for fan control?
Sponsored

Maverickxeo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S, 2002 TJ Sport
I don't know if it helps - but Jscan (with bypass) will allow the fan to run at max through a button press on the app.

OP
OP
Mudduck

Mudduck

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys 4door
I don't know if it helps - but Jscan (with bypass) will allow the fan to run at max through a button press on the app.
Thank you! I sold my Tazer and was planning to buy a Jscan

Mike@Powerteq

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.superchips.com
Vehicle(s)
16 JK, 18 JL 2.0T, 22 Wagoneer 3.0TT
Occupation
Senior Category Manager – Domestic Tuning at Holley
I did some googling. couldnt find my answer. Wondering if there are any tuners that allow for fan control?
the TD3 may have it, and the Diablo i3 and T2 offer a parameter for target coolant temp. Theres no traditional on/off control with the JL, the pcm simply targets a coolant temp and works the fan to get it to stay there.

Jim1964

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
Are you trying to get the fan to run more, or less?

There’s some strange stuff in the programming for the JL cooling. Sometimes the fan on mine will go 100% speed for several minutes, when there’s no reason visible on the gauges. As in ambient temp below 60, with oil, coolant, and transmission temp <200. This is most often noted on low speed trails. Maybe it’s cooling the power steering or something???

Sponsored

Maverickxeo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S, 2002 TJ Sport
Are you trying to get the fan to run more, or less?

There’s some strange stuff in the programming for the JL cooling. Sometimes the fan on mine will go 100% speed for several minutes, when there’s no reason visible on the gauges. As in ambient temp below 60, with oil, coolant, and transmission temp <200. This is most often noted on low speed trails. Maybe it’s cooling the power steering or something???
I wonder the same... I've had the engine/oil up to 110C, and the fan doesn't cut in, but then other times, both are around 90C and the fan cuts in full speed...

Rogersocal

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon 2.0 turbo, 2018 Ram 2500 6.7 TD
the TD3 may have it, and the Diablo i3 and T2 offer a parameter for target coolant temp. Theres no traditional on/off control with the JL, the pcm simply targets a coolant temp and works the fan to get it to stay there.

Im sure its been some time, But have we found a way to change "Target cooling Temp" in J-scan?

oldcjguy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Challenger Hellcat, 19 Challenger Scatpack, 20 JLUR Recon
Occupation
Software Engineer
I can change it in my TD3. It's an option when you go to apply the tune.
Jeep Wrangler JL Programmer/Tuner that allows custom fan settings? IMG_20240220_150106

Mike@Powerteq

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.superchips.com
Vehicle(s)
16 JK, 18 JL 2.0T, 22 Wagoneer 3.0TT
Occupation
Senior Category Manager – Domestic Tuning at Holley
Im sure its been some time, But have we found a way to change "Target cooling Temp" in J-scan?
its a value that needs to be flashed to the PCM, I doubt it can be done through that solution.

C.Sco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4xe Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Rogersocal

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon 2.0 turbo, 2018 Ram 2500 6.7 TD
RpmExtreme Jeep JL PWM FAN CONTROLLER

It says it only works on the 3.6, but at least one person here has reported it works fine on their 2.0T as well.

I bought it for my 4xe and haven't had a chance to install it yet, with it still being winter I haven't felt rushed. Their website doesn't say if it works or not on 4xe, but I dunno. I'll try it anyways. I figured if someone else made it work on 2.0T then maybe I can too.

Im in that thread and i was of the understanding that the person in that thread had the 3.6? Which post in that thread shows the 2.0 owner that has it? I reach out to Jon at RPMEXTreme every month for 2.0

C.Sco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4xe Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Im in that thread and i was of the understanding that the person in that thread had the 3.6? Which post in that thread shows the 2.0 owner that has it? I reach out to Jon at RPMEXTreme every month for 2.0
Oh you may be right, been a while since I read that thread.

What's interesting is the module itself doesn't appear to be something purpose-made for this usage, I googled the part number on the one I got a while back and it was actually an OEM part for a different car for a different purpose, it was like an air conditioner compressor controller for a Saab or something like that, that I guess RPMExtreme was able to harness and repurpose as a JL fan controller. Just found that interesting. Maybe the reason for no 2.0 version yet is they haven't found a source for a controller that can be repurposed for that yet.

Last edited:

Jeep Wick

First Name
Wick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 High Tide
Occupation
Mechanic
Thank you! I sold my Tazer and was planning to buy a Jscan
Have you thought about a relay with a toggle switch? Not the ideal solution but should work for extra cooling.

OP
OP
Mudduck

Mudduck

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys 4door
I know it works on the 3.6, but no info on the 3.6 Etorque. That’s a lot of coin to spend and not know…

OP
OP
Mudduck

Mudduck

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys 4door
Have you thought about a relay with a toggle switch? Not the ideal solution but should work for extra cooling.
If the fan would work as normal, and have the option to kick on high with a toggle, I’d be down for that.
Sponsored