Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
  • Banned
@Superchips JL I'm wondering if it would be possible to include some kind of engine cooling fan settings into your programmers. People whined enough about the JL cooling fan noise so much that it was turned down through software update. I know not everyone is in my geographical situation but I know that there are plenty of JL drivers that wheel in the desert. I am very close to Death Valley and do the majority of my wheeling close to there. While I haven't overheated yet, I've been close many times, the fan hits it highest level too late in the heat cycle IMO. I would like the ability to manually set the cooling fan to it's max level before my Jeep is on the verge of overheating. A simple "set fan to 100%" live function would work. Please let me know if this is a feature you'd be willing to look at integrating into your JL programmers or if it's even possible. Thank you.
Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
@Superchips JL I'm wondering if it would be possible to include some kind of engine cooling fan settings into your programmers. People whined enough about the JL cooling fan noise so much that it was turned down through software update. I know not everyone is in my geographical situation but I know that there are plenty of JL drivers that wheel in the desert. I am very close to Death Valley and do the majority of my wheeling close to there. While I haven't overheated yet, I've been close many times, the fan hits it highest level too late in the heat cycle IMO. I would like the ability to manually set the cooling fan to it's max level before my Jeep is on the verge of overheating. A simple "set fan to 100%" live function would work. Please let me know if this is a feature you'd be willing to look at integrating into your JL programmers or if it's even possible. Thank you.
Unfortunately.
Superchips never respond to any messages

Their programmer is cool and all, but their customer service is non-existent.

They are very welcome to prove me wrong, however.

OP
OP
JimLee

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
  • Banned
Unfortunately.

Thanks! I will give it a shot. If any other company wants to get in the mix and make something available my money is to the first one that gives me this function, along with all the other regular functions we expect from a programmer of course.

Superchips_Mrktg

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL
Unfortunately.

Unfortunately, it's nearly impossible to keep up with every post on every forum, social media platform and email. But we do our best.

To answer the original question, we have offered fan temp adjustment to the end user in our devices and still do depending on the application. To better answer your question here, which model year and engine are you asking about controlling the Fan On temp in?

OP
OP
JimLee

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
  • Banned
Unfortunately, it's nearly impossible to keep up with every post on every forum, social media platform and email. But we do our best.

To answer the original question, we have offered fan temp adjustment to the end user in our devices and still do depending on the application. To better answer your question here, which model year and engine are you asking about controlling the Fan On temp in?
2019 JLU, 3.6L engine. Thank you very much.
Sponsored