Sponsored

Production Hold: 2021 Moving to 2022

JLUWillys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392XR , 23 LR DEF110, 23 Sprinter AWD
So I also just checked with Sales manager.. he was only aware of Ram shortages . He is going to call rep.. also he is asking if changing order will screw up allocation.. since it's till in BG.. but he said a lot of these aren't moving normally from status to status.. so it's weird.
Sponsored

DellCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 392
Add me to the list... my order went from BX to BG... dealer doesn’t know why. I’m #2 of 4 allocations and the #1 is built and awaiting shipment. This sucks.

jmill012

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392XR, 22 Model 3 Performance, 22 Wagoneer
I spoke with Jeep Chat today, I passed edit but haven't been assigned a VIN... I guess I am stuck in BG?

ValB

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Rubicon 392
Also my 392 build total price say's $76.035.00 !

Sponsored

DellCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 392

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
OP
OP
jeepken

jeepken

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 392
Yeah, conflicting info is not fun. Jeep chat keeps assuring me that the order has been accepted, it has not moved to a 2022, and Wranglers are not affected by the shutdowns. I realize orders are produced fairly randomly but mine was placed 11/28 so why did it flip from BX back to BG at this point? Trying to get more info from the dealer...

DellCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 392
Yeah, conflicting info is not fun. Jeep chat keeps assuring me that the order has been accepted, it has not moved to a 2022, and Wranglers are not affected by the shutdowns. I realize orders are produced fairly randomly but mine was placed 11/28 so why did it flip from BX back to BG at this point? Trying to get more info from the dealer...
Yep - I ordered on the 23rd of November and flipped from BX to BG... dealer knows nothing.

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
That sucks, and I hear ya on the "conflicting information". I checked again yesterday, and Jeep Chat keeps telling me that I do NOT have an estimated ship date showing, (which I think would mean I'm not even past the "D" stage), but my Dealer gave me my original date of 4/9 several weeks ago. When I checked with him this past week, He said I'm still at D1, with an assigned ship date. It has changed from 4/9 to 4/10, but it is still showing up in the system. Not sure what to think, but many comments and posts that I've come across here on the forum have suggested sticking with what your dealer says, over anything you hear from Jeep Chat, so that's what I'm doing for now.

Hope you get some answers soon.

Sponsored

0II392II0

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURH
That sucks, and I hear ya on the "conflicting information". I checked again yesterday, and Jeep Chat keeps telling me that I do NOT have an estimated ship date showing, (which I think would mean I'm not even past the "D" stage), but my Dealer gave me my original date of 4/9 several weeks ago. When I checked with him this past week, He said I'm still at D1, with an assigned ship date. It has changed from 4/9 to 4/10, but it is still showing up in the system. Not sure what to think, but many comments and posts that I've come across here on the forum have suggested sticking with what your dealer says, over anything you hear from Jeep Chat, so that's what I'm doing for now.

If you were given a ship date that should be accurate. I was given a ship date of 4.8 from my dealer. This information was confirmed through an email update I get every two weeks through Jeep custom care that the ship date of 4.8 was correct and that it wasn't scheduled to go into the build process until the week of the 29th. I just checked with Jeepchat within the minute(paused half way through writing this to check) and it still hasn't started. In the window sticker and build sheet thread some people have lucked out and ordered and had them before four weeks are up. With there still being 11 days until your ship date everything should be in working order to get it out by then. I was told on 3.27 my ship date was still the 4.8, timing it's a little unnerving but I think our batch will be the second wave and becoming real soon. Mines was part of the 678... grouped batch.

JDM23

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Dodge Ram
If you were given a ship date that should be accurate. I was given a ship date of 4.8 from my dealer. This information was confirmed through an email update I get every two weeks through Jeep custom care that the ship date of 4.8 was correct and that it wasn't scheduled to go into the build process until the week of the 29th. I just checked with Jeepchat within the minute(paused half way through writing this to check) and it still hasn't started. In the window sticker and build sheet thread some people have lucked out and ordered and had them before four weeks are up. With there still being 11 days until your ship date everything should be in working order to get it out by then. I was told on 3.27 my ship date was still the 4.8, timing it's a little unnerving but I think our batch will be the second wave and becoming real soon. Mines was part of the 678... grouped batch.
I went through the same things as you. Finally on Monday I got word that mine was in frame and now in paint... my ship date is 4/1.. and I got an email this morning from customer care saying it should be complete and ready to ship in a day or so... 🤞🤞

0II392II0

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURH
I went through the same things as you. Finally on Monday I got word that mine was in frame and now in paint... my ship date is 4/1.. and I got an email this morning from customer care saying it should be complete and ready to ship in a day or so... 🤞🤞
sheesh, when they are ready to ship these things they really do pump them out. I have been trusting that at this point there is no reason for them to lie to me, your dates confirm they can hammer these things out right before shipping. I'm so excited!

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant

Inside tip: The estimated ship date is the date scheduled to start building your vehicle, not the physical shipment with truck/rail. That date is usually pretty spot on as the time it's assigned there is some fluff to allow jump-ins and emergency builds.

Once it's built is where the fun begins: The "I" purgatory....does it pass or not and if not how long is it held up in the repair area? (sometimes over 1,500 vehicles...not first come first served). Or the ever famous "J" status. This is where I usually get stuck, especially if in JB status which signifies the vehicle is at the up-fitter getting things not installed on the line..ex: trailer hitch, stripes, mud flaps, pin stripe, protectant clear strips etc.

When you hit KZ (shipping) you stand some sense of relief until you watch it sit there for 2-3 weeks and they tell you it's scheduled "tomorrow" 21 times!

Conclusion: Don't get rattled, it's out of your and the dealer's hands. Phone calls, sales reps. or anyone short of GOD is powerless to give you an accurate answer. You have to take your mind off it and just wait...I have for 3 months!!

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Inside tip: The estimated ship date is the date scheduled to start building your vehicle, not the physical shipment with truck/rail. That date is usually pretty spot on as the time it's assigned there is some fluff to allow jump-ins and emergency builds.

Once it's built is where the fun begins: The "I" purgatory....does it pass or not and if not how long is it held up in the repair area? (sometimes over 1,500 vehicles...not first come first served). Or the ever famous "J" status. This is where I usually get stuck, especially if in JB status which signifies the vehicle is at the up-fitter getting things not installed on the line..ex: trailer hitch, stripes, mud flaps, pin stripe, protectant clear strips etc.

When you hit KZ (shipping) you stand some sense of relief until you watch it sit there for 2-3 weeks and they tell you it's scheduled "tomorrow" 21 times!

Conclusion: Don't get rattled, it's out of your and the dealer's hands. Phone calls, sales reps. or anyone short of GOD is powerless to give you an accurate answer. You have to take your mind off it and just wait...I have for 3 months!!
Thanks for your insight!

Yup, I have read conflicting answers about the the ship date versus build date issue, and my dealer insists that it is the projected date that it will be ready to enter the shipping phase, however, just looking at your owned vehicles, I shall defer to you! ;)

I'm still excited either way, so although I'm trying my hardest, I'm seriously failing in the "take your mind off it" department! 😄
Sponsored