Sponsored

Prodigy Performance JL Stage 2 Turbo Kit installed

sdynak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sahara
I would sleep with those pipes.. how beautiful! You are one lucky dude.. You only live once and he who dies with the most beastly toys wins and you sir are in the top running :)
Sponsored

AZDustMuncher

First Name
L.C.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4dr Rubicon, 2005 Turbo Silverado, 2004 Grand Cherokee Overland
Also if you haven't already I'd get a wideband so you can watch your air fuel ratio when you are in boost so you can shut it down if you ever notice it's going lean. IMO all things boosted should have a wideband.

Warpath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler 2.0T JLR 2-Door, 2020 GT500
Also if you haven't already I'd get a wideband so you can watch your air fuel ratio when you are in boost so you can shut it down if you ever notice it's going lean. IMO all things boosted should have a wideband.
Or a knock sensor.

OP
OP
jimlove9771

jimlove9771

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
Retird
Fo
It’s the 8 speed automatic. If you didn’t notice I also have the Mopar 2” lift kit.

C428BC93-8418-4C9A-9CAA-037BF83085AF.jpeg

34200361-8506-4D3C-9FA0-279D19C9CBBC.jpeg

A3004990-7046-4A89-80EA-E07A37CD2A3B.jpeg
Forgot to add it is also equipped with the anti slip differential.

Sponsored

OP
OP
jimlove9771

jimlove9771

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
Retird
Based on your feedback I have decided to install a gauge package I have put together. All gauges are Digital from Glowshift. I can’t A-Pillar mount them because of the grab handle on my JL but I found the perfect dash mount pod.

82362FD9-87E4-422E-94CA-F5BDE2E854C7.jpeg

3899423F-69A1-446D-B68B-82047E175388.jpeg

57202455-C3B5-4B62-B90F-87FE1D75F280.jpeg

AA9BAA37-4CE6-45A3-B5E9-D53E134C20FE.jpeg

XJrider

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL , 2 JK’s , XJ
Nice im curious to see how this turns out. My guess is youll be somewhere around 350 at the wheels with 35’s and your gearing 3.45?

AZDustMuncher

First Name
L.C.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Based on your feedback I have decided to install a gauge package I have put together. All gauges are Digital from Glowshift. I can’t A-Pillar mount them because of the grab handle on my JL but I found the perfect dash mount pod.
Honestly is hard to constantly watch the wideband while your in boost but when something doesn't seem right it's nice to be able take a quick look at the wideband and see that you aren't running lean especially if your tune isn't quite right yet.

You might be able to download that torque app also. It reads all sorts of things through your pcm to your phone via a bluetooth adapter you plug into your obd2 port. You might even be able to mirror image the readouts to your touchscreen radio. I haven't tried the torque app on my jeep or tried to mirror it but I've used it on my Chevy with mixed results in the past.

FlyByU

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
Your parts pile has an oil pan in it. Did your prodigy kit come with a new pan with the oil fitting predone?

Sponsored

porcusRex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru
widebands are cool. however if i had this setup, i would want some way of logging the data. maybe not full time but something that allowed me to log air-fuel ratios along with rpms and boost at a minimum. glancing a the gauge is ok, but knowing that in some cases (accelerating up a hill or similar) it goes lean and needs to have the fuel tables modified is what i would want.

i have a subaru wrx that i tuned myself (e85 and 93 oct custom tunes) and logging and reviewing rpm, A/F ratio and boost was key to staying out of trouble. once you are into knock you have a problem. you want to be able to avoid knock altogether.

of all the ways of increasing power without an engine swap, this might be the best, but the motor was not built for boost (high compression pistons amongst other things) so you need to be careful.

i curios. how was the additional fueling handled? changes to the injector duty cycles or some secondary fueling solution?

AZDustMuncher

First Name
L.C.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
widebands are cool. however if i had this setup, i would want some way of logging the data. maybe not full time but something that allowed me to log air-fuel ratios along with rpms and boost at a minimum. glancing a the gauge is ok, but knowing that in some cases (accelerating up a hill or similar) it goes lean and needs to have the fuel tables modified is what i would want.

i have a subaru wrx that i tuned myself (e85 and 93 oct custom tunes) and logging and reviewing rpm, A/F ratio and boost was key to staying out of trouble. once you are into knock you have a problem. you want to be able to avoid knock altogether.

of all the ways of increasing power without an engine swap, this might be the best, but the motor was not built for boost (high compression pistons amongst other things) so you need to be careful.

i curios. how was the additional fueling handled? changes to the injector duty cycles or some secondary fueling solution?
I won't disagree but I have no idea what the options for data logging outside Hp tuners. Widebands are relatively cheap, universal, and on all time to look at whenever.

porcusRex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru
ok. i went and looked at the HP tuner thing. i have cobb tuning system that is similar plus the pc software that lets me do what you can do with the hp tuner setup. i added a wideband to my car (downpipe had a bung for the wideband). a cable from the wideband plugged into my laptop as did the obdb II port. so i would do with it what you do with the HP tuner setup. so if you had the entire setup that allowed you to connect a laptop you could use that. you can also plug the wideband into its own gauge. mine has that but i dont have the gauge as it serves little purpose if you can log, other than looking cool.

this is an interesting setup, i want to look into it more. tuning a turbo gets interesting... do you tune based on mass air flow or charge density for instance. as you tip over from no boost to boost does the unit recognize this and add extra fuel until the system transitions back to closed loop and so forth.

what would really be cool would be to add turbo specific pistons, perhaps cams... and then add a second turbo. with that the more would easly make 500/500 hp/torque. and if you could run on e85...

AZDustMuncher

First Name
L.C.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ok. i went and looked at the HP tuner thing. i have cobb tuning system that is similar plus the pc software that lets me do what you can do with the hp tuner setup. i added a wideband to my car (downpipe had a bung for the wideband). a cable from the wideband plugged into my laptop as did the obdb II port. so i would do with it what you do with the HP tuner setup. so if you had the entire setup that allowed you to connect a laptop you could use that. you can also plug the wideband into its own gauge. mine has that but i dont have the gauge as it serves little purpose if you can log, other than looking cool.

this is an interesting setup, i want to look into it more. tuning a turbo gets interesting... do you tune based on mass air flow or charge density for instance. as you tip over from no boost to boost does the unit recognize this and add extra fuel until the system transitions back to closed loop and so forth.

what would really be cool would be to add turbo specific pistons, perhaps cams... and then add a second turbo. with that the more would easly make 500/500 hp/torque. and if you could run on e85...
My other truck has a speed density tune. That said I've never messed with tuning anything. Maybe I'd try tuning if I had a beater to play with and didn't care if I blew it up. Not something I would experiment with on my new $40k Jeep. More power to anyone who wants to try though.
Sponsored