ProComp wiring with factory Aux switches

OldBird

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
So the ProComp pods that I bought come pre-wired with a switch, but I want to use the factory aux switches. The instructions pretty much came with just this wiring diagram, which is about what I expected. The wires are all hardwired, including to the switch, so I'm going to cut to get what I want.

My question for the great knowledge here is: with this setup would it work for me to cut just the red and black wires between the lights and the relay, completely cutting out the relay. I would then wire the black to ground and the red just to the switched power from one of the 30 amp factory aux switches (1 or 2).

is that right, or will that be dangerous or not work for some reason?

tTBcUiT.jpg
Sponsored

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
That should be fine. The factory AUX switches have a built in relay, do no need to use the supplied relay that came with the lights.

OP
OP
OldBird

OldBird

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Thanks Bryce, that's what I was thinking, but I'm always tentative with electrical.

OP
OP
OldBird

OldBird

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Installed them and they work perfectly on Aux 2. I'll take it out after dark tonight and post some pictures of how they do. From the garage they look like exactly what I wanted - much wider light than the headlights.

Joceephus

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JL Sport S
I just got the same lights for an aftermarket bumper. Just to be sure, you didn’t hook power into your battery, just the aux wire?

also, have you been happy with the lights?

Sponsored

OP
OP
OldBird

OldBird

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
I just got the same lights for an aftermarket bumper. Just to be sure, you didn’t hook power into your battery, just the aux wire?

also, have you been happy with the lights?
Wired directly to the aux switch only, works perfectly. And the lights are great. I live in a rural area and drive at O-dark-thirty all the time. These lights are perfect for letting me see the deer before it’s too late. They’re much better even that the OEM LED high beams.

I keep forgetting to take pictures, I’ll have to do that after I get back from visiting family out of state.

Joceephus

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JL Sport S
Wired directly to the aux switch only, works perfectly. And the lights are great. I live in a rural area and drive at O-dark-thirty all the time. These lights are perfect for letting me see the deer before it’s too late. They’re much better even that the OEM LED high beams.

I keep forgetting to take pictures, I’ll have to do that after I get back from visiting family out of state.
Great. I am installing tomorrow. Thanks for the info.
Sponsored