Sponsored

ProCharger Supercharger system for JL Wrangler (Now Shipping)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Does relocating the alternator affect water fording capability, if at all? Or do you have pics of an install prior to the intercooler being installed with the grill off? One showing the blower and new alternator location?
Jeep actually changed the Pentastar alternator location when they put it in the Wrangler because it would short out your electrical system going through the up to 30" water depth Jeep advertises. One of the reasons I haven't supercharged my JK. Also my mechanic who installs superchargers on other cars (Camaros, Mustangs) said he wouldn't advise putting a supercharger on a Pentastar because it isn't designed for it in stock form. He said the transmission would be fine because Mercedes puts it on other supercharged engines. If the supercharger company won't give an engine guarantee if you install it then the risk is far greater than any reward.
Sponsored

Torero

First Name
J. Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, FJ Cruiser, BMW Z3, F650,GL63 AMG, STI
I am on week 5 of my JL being out of commission. I had my dealership's custom shop do the install. The hardware is straight forward, the problem is the tune. In order to tune it they have to send the PCM back to you guys. This is about a 7 day turn around and I knew that going in. The problem started when we got the PCM back. Apparently it threw a CEL and wouldn't turn over. Tech support is via email, and it was several days of troubleshooting before they decided to send the PCM back. The idea is to flash it back to stock and try again. A couple more round trips of the PCM and the engine will now turn over, but only runs for about a minute before shutting down. We're apparently waiting on tech support for next steps.

This does not inspire trust. One of the reasons I bought the unit is because of assurances of it's quality and safe-tune. I've not been able to drive my JL for 5 weeks with no end in sight.
That’s not good. I’ve had no problems with mine but the PCM having to be sent to ProCharger makes me uneasy. When I picked my car up after the install they warned me that if the dealer flashed the PCM I would have to send it to them. It didn’t sound like the best plan.

tristanc

First Name
Tristan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU
That’s not good. I’ve had no problems with mine but the PCM having to be sent to ProCharger makes me uneasy. When I picked my car up after the install they warned me that if the dealer flashed the PCM I would have to send it to them. It didn’t sound like the best plan.
Yeah, it's definitely not ideal. But having it flashed multiple times now and still no working car has me really troubled. I wouldn't think there would be any variables here that would cause that. It either works or it doesn't.

Torero

First Name
J. Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, FJ Cruiser, BMW Z3, F650,GL63 AMG, STI
Yeah, it's definitely not ideal. But having it flashed multiple times now and still no working car has me really troubled. I wouldn't think there would be any variables here that would cause that. It either works or it doesn't.
I haven’t had any problems, so you know that it is possible. Is your manual or automatic? Mine is manual, which may be simpler.

tristanc

First Name
Tristan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU
I haven’t had any problems, so you know that it is possible. Is your manual or automatic? Mine is manual, which may be simpler.
An automatic. I've had cars before that I've had flashed with no problems, but those have all been manual.

Sponsored

Brock041

First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Apparently they're sending out a cable to the custom shop, and a technician here will work with a technician there to figure it out, instead of shipping the chip back and forth. Hopefully I'll hear good news tomorrow.
I have the D-1SC coming in this week from ProCharger so very interested in your solution.
Mines a 6 speed manual, maybe I will have no issues.

AZDustMuncher

First Name
L.C.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4dr Rubicon, 2005 Turbo Silverado, 2004 Grand Cherokee Overland
I have the D-1SC coming in this week from ProCharger so very interested in your solution.
Mines a 6 speed manual, maybe I will have no issues.
Just curious what the advantage of a D-1sc over a P-1sc would be on 3.6? Unless you plan on completing rebuilding your motor with better internals I doubt you would ever reach the limits of a P-1sc.

Brock041

First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Just curious what the advantage of a D-1sc over a P-1sc would be on 3.6? Unless you plan on completing rebuilding your motor with better internals I doubt you would ever reach the limits of a P-1sc.
I do not plan on building the motor:)

1)cost was $200 increase(injectors cost more)
2) the d1 can do what the p1 does and more (I can play with the injectors or tune)
3) if I ever want to move it to a diff car/truck or engine swap the Jeep I could buy a bracket and slap it in and have a d1:)

No real disadvantages I could find except $

Sponsored

FlyByU

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
I am on week 5 of my JL being out of commission. I had my dealership's custom shop do the install. The hardware is straight forward, the problem is the tune. In order to tune it they have to send the PCM back to you guys. This is about a 7 day turn around and I knew that going in. The problem started when we got the PCM back. Apparently it threw a CEL and wouldn't turn over. Tech support is via email, and it was several days of troubleshooting before they decided to send the PCM back. The idea is to flash it back to stock and try again. A couple more round trips of the PCM and the engine will now turn over, but only runs for about a minute before shutting down. We're apparently waiting on tech support for next steps.

This does not inspire trust. One of the reasons I bought the unit is because of assurances of it's quality and safe-tune. I've not been able to drive my JL for 5 weeks with no end in sight.
I have been in the Mopar performance scene for quite some time but new to the Jeep world. That being said, FCA locked down their pcm stuff obviously and it requires being unlocked etc... For 2018, they made it where you cant connect to the OBD port so writing tunes requires a bypass such as what Z Auto has with their tazer. Anyway, long story short, Procharger appears to be slightly behind on how to handle this. Looks like they are using the mail order your PCM method after being unlocked blah blah. Its time eater no doubt. This is my suggestion, take your jeep to a reputable late model MOPAR tuner, one that is familiar with tuning the latest and greatest stuff. They will without a doubt be able to get you going way quicker and can even work with procharger to get the tune files etc... Working through a dealer on this is probably going to slow you down as they are not going to be speaking the same language and for sure not going to use the same methods.

Just my advice is all, we've all been there and the wait is terrible no matter how trivial. If you want someone that knows the MOPAR world, I recommend reaching out to Hemituner Performance, he has all the tools and if you cant find someone local he can help you remotely. Dakota Customs would be another suggestion. Procharger is probably on top of this, Im just trying to help. ProCharger will make you whole, they are a very reputable company, its just NEW.

FlyByU

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
Thanks for the advice! I really appreciate it.
I feel for ya, I really do, its so frustrating and its without a doubt something trivial with the tune files or PCM. Sounds like they are sending an HP Tuners cable to you guys to try and write the tune yourselves to save time? If so, thats a win. Good luck and please hang in there, its going to be so worth it in the long run lol

FlyByU

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
Keep in mind, you wont be able to write the PCM even with the HP Tuners cable unless they are sending a bypass as well.

FlyByU

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
If the tune writes successful and you are still getting a no start situation, could be map sensor not plugged in or something silly. I assume theyve gone over all that already.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.