Sponsored

ProCharger Supercharger system for JL Wrangler (Now Shipping)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warpath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler 2.0T JLR 2-Door, 2020 GT500
Price?
Sponsored

Jkohler

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl rubicon 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2017 ram 3500
What amount boost is this set up running? Will you need to run 94 octane with this system? Also what is the effective compression ratio with your system? For me I would be really worried about detonation being that the 3.6 has fairly high static compression.

JL1LE

First Name
Neal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU White Rubicon
Dyno please.

Warpath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Why didn't you guys incorporate the stock airbox? Nobody wants those exposed filters.
My concern exactly. That air filter setup is just begging to hydrolock the engine if you hit any water or deep mud whatsoever.

For the folks asking, this kit should put down around 335 HP to the wheels. I would still like to see actual dyno results though.

335 RWHP on a 4,300 lb. Jeep with the gearing of the 8-speed auto and 4.10 axle gears would be a very very fun combination. A 4x4, convertible, and hot rod rolled up into one. Hmm... makes me actually consider selling the Mach 1...

Sponsored

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
My concern exactly. That air filter setup is just begging to hydrolock the engine if you hit any water or deep mud whatsoever.

For the folks asking, this kit should put down around 335 HP to the wheels. I would still like to see actual dyno results though.

335 RWHP on a 4,300 lb. Jeep with the gearing of the 8-speed auto and 4.10 axle gears would be a very very fun combination. A 4x4, convertible, and hot rod rolled up into one. Hmm... makes me actually consider selling the Mach 1...
Agree - very fun to drive - I think most aftermarket CAI setups are prone to water unless you have a completely sealed box which kind of defeats the purpose of air flow

OP
OP
ProChargerTECH

ProChargerTECH

First Name
ProCharger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler
What’s the price tag???
We listed the full MSRP on our site. However, like anything, people often pay less through a dealer/distributor.

See above. :)

What amount boost is this set up running? Will you need to run 94 octane with this system? Also what is the effective compression ratio with your system? For me I would be really worried about detonation being that the 3.6 has fairly high static compression.
I set the tunes up for normal 91-93 pump gas. Since we have systems sent all over the world, gotta make sure its durable on the fuel commonly available. Here in KC were we are based out of, we only have 93 in a couple rare stations. Our 91 in winter is much like "Cali" fuel, however in summer our 91 isn't to bad.

Either way, myself and the other tuner here never set anything on kill. Just like my daily driven truck with 242,000 supercharged miles on it, its nice being able to hand the keys to anyone and not worry about it. (Just 91+ and you are golden)

Agree - very fun to drive - I think most aftermarket CAI setups are prone to water unless you have a completely sealed box which kind of defeats the purpose of air flow
This inlet is the same as our JK system, and haven't had anyone have an issue. Again most that are offroading hardcore install a "pre" filter cover that helps keep sand and stuff out. And a few guys have made their own "snorkel" that attaches to the inlet tube, but thats been rare. (like 2 guys that I have seen)

As for the power, its literally FAST.... I know thats kinda odd to say, but the new transmission puts the engine right in the sweet spot for a centrifugal blower...which is why its making me hard not to buy one myself. It will be perfect for the rock park, and normal city "spirited" driving...

Here is a dyno graph from the last one that we just finished. But remember, this is a "Mustang Dyno" and always reads lower then a DynoJet. However even with that being said, this is still a legit 91 octane tune making 345 wheel HP. (Rubicon on stock wheels/tires)

Screen shot 2018-09-17 at 9.37.31 AM.png

No Bamboozle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2005 BMW M3
Holy crap, 345whp on a Mustang dyno is a lot of power for a vehicle like this. I imagine a 93 octane tune would grab a few more HP too. It's all so linear as well, nice job! This set up would be so fun on an AWD JL since you'd benefit from the extra traction.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ProChargerTECH

ProChargerTECH

First Name
ProCharger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler
Holy crap, 345whp on a Mustang dyno is a lot of power for a vehicle like this. I imagine a 93 octane tune would grab a few more HP too. It's all so linear as well, nice job! This set up would be so fun on an AWD JL since you'd benefit from the extra traction.
Exactly!

I kinda wanna take our Jeep today, and do some 0-60 times just to find out what it can do. It flat out rips LOL.
But really the entire drive experience is just totally improved.

AlrightAlready

First Name
Clark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR. Couple Ducs
For reference, their 3.6 JK Dyno showed initial reading stock of 211.94 HP/ 191.63 TQ. The numbers for the Supercharger were 314.12 HP/ 264.96 TQ which equates to a bump in HP by 102.18 and Torque 73.33 Ft-Lbs. This all can be watched including install and some driving videos here:

For Reference, My Sprintex (twin screw) JK stock dyno was 204whp/191Tq and ended up (with dyno tuning) at 305HP/316TQ The torque curves obviously are very different with my torque hitting freaking HARD down low and "tapered off" above 4.5k. I have 40,000 HARD miles on this supercharger and apart from a couple shredded belts due to what I imagine is the owner banging it off the redline for extended periods of time offroad :-D it's been amazing. Gas mileage is atrocious due to my driving although being mellow didn't net good mileage regardless. I threw 40's on it because why not and was getting about 10-12mpg maybe. Ran 14.8seconds fully loaded in the 1320ft on 35's.

Look forward to getting a test drive in one of these as I am between something like this or a turbo. I like the ease of installation of superchargers though. A lot of it depends on transmission and PCM tuning so as long as shift points are good, I will probably boost this one to with the 8 speed auto. Boost your jeep, it is so much damn fun embarrassing sports cars (mine was 6 speed manual two door Rubicon)

csharg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLR
Has anyone tested this with the 6 speed? Any issues with power handling and longevity?

biTToe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi: Ordered 1/30/18 - Delivered 06/12/18- '06 TJ Rubi ( gone ), '75 CJ5 304-V8 (long gone)
Has anyone tested this with the 6 speed? Any issues with power handling and longevity?
I have the same question: if it compatible with the 6 speed man-tranny

Warpath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@ProChargerTECH What kind of performance upgrade do we see if we swap out the P-1SC-1 head unit for the D-1SC supercharger?
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.