Sponsored

ProCharger Supercharger system for JL Wrangler (Now Shipping)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
ProChargerTECH

ProChargerTECH

First Name
ProCharger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler
I like the ease of installation of superchargers though. A lot of it depends on transmission and PCM tuning so as long as shift points are good, I will probably boost this one to with the 8 speed auto. Boost your jeep, it is so much damn fun embarrassing sports cars
With this new transmission, your last statement couldn't be truer!

The tuning for the TCM retains the stock shift points and firmness. I really feel the OEM did a great job of dialing these things in. However obviously if someone has done gears and tires they could fine tune that a bit with custom tuning.

Has anyone tested this with the 6 speed? Any issues with power handling and longevity?
To date I do not believe I have heard of a single JK engine failure with our supercharger and tuning. I would expect to see that trend continue with the JL.

Between the amount of time we spend on calibrations, and the MASSIVE amount of miles we wrap up on our test fleet...we put them to the test to make sure our product is bulletproof before it ever hits the streets (or trails)

@ProChargerTECH What kind of performance upgrade do we see if we swap out the P-1SC-1 head unit for the D-1SC supercharger?
Personally, I see no reason to change the head unit on these. The P-1SC-1 is just a perfect match for this engine and could support 700hp if needed. :)
Sponsored

biTToe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi: Ordered 1/30/18 - Delivered 06/12/18- '06 TJ Rubi ( gone ), '75 CJ5 304-V8 (long gone)
Can we use this with the 6 speed manual transmission?

ShawnQ

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep jlu 2018 Sport S, 1988 Grand Wagoneer w/5.3
Awesome! I bet that thing will be fun to have on one of these JLs. Ripping the track-bar mount off the frames with ease, now! ;-)

... compatible with the 6 speed man-tranny
Poor Bruce Jenn....ERRR, Caitlyn Jenner, resents this oxymoron comment! lol

Sponsored

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
Thats cool and tempting but I need to keep the JL reliable.

Torero

First Name
J. Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, FJ Cruiser, BMW Z3, F650,GL63 AMG, STI
Thats cool and tempting but I need to keep the JL reliable.
That’s my major concer, but it seems like there are a lot of happy customers. My problem is that I am trigger happy. Restraining myself right now. :crying:

Rockmaninoff

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sophistijeep.blogspot.com
Vehicle(s)
MY2014 JKU Overland (RHD) A/T, Mercedes E-class MY2017
Trust me, its flipping eassssssy. Its a afternoon in the garage with a buddy drinking a cold beverage (or 3) with the TV on in the background... kinda install.

Hope that helps a bit,
Erik Radzins
It's an expensive way to for those who do this sort of thing to come up with an excuse for a date :champagne:

JeepColorado

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
I'm sure this is an amazing product, engineered well and I really appreciate that they support a forum for enthusiast. I just can't bring myself to get past that Fast and the Furious- reveded-up weed-eater, Tokyo-drift whine of a super-charger. Every time I've ever heard it it just seems out of place in a Jeep Wrangler. The throaty sound of a Hemi-V8 makes total sense to me in a Jeep...the clackity-clack of a diesel makes total sense to me- they just sound and feel right. It's like 22" rims and neon lights on the undercarriage of a Jeep rolling through a mall parking lot at night-- it's never done well and it seems sacrilegious to see it even done at all.

SlickJoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Honda Element (2018 JL 3.6L on order)
Silly question but would a 2-door be able to handle something like this? Figure a supercharger would be harder on either one or the other (JL vs JLU), but just curious (for the record, I have a 2-door)

Signed,
-Someone who knows nothing about superchargers but likes reading about them

Sponsored

Rockmaninoff

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sophistijeep.blogspot.com
Vehicle(s)
MY2014 JKU Overland (RHD) A/T, Mercedes E-class MY2017
I just can't bring myself to get past that Fast and the Furious- reveded-up weed-eater, Tokyo-drift whine of a super-charger. Every time I've ever heard it it just seems out of place in a Jeep Wrangler. The throaty sound of a Hemi-V8 makes total sense to me in a Jeep...the clackity-clack of a diesel makes total sense to me- they just sound and feel right. It's like 22" rims and neon lights on the undercarriage of a Jeep rolling through a mall parking lot at night-- it's never done well and it seems sacrilegious to see it even done at all.
You know what else had a supercharger of this type?
http://www.warbirdsnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/P-51-blower.jpg

And it's period correct, so it's everyone else who's posing... including the V8s because the original Jeeps had I4.

Also, most of the cars in Tokyo Drift were turbo'ed:
https://www.topspeed.com/cars/the-fast-and-the-furious-tokyo-driftcars-ar11897.html

The centrifugal superchargers like the one ProCharger and RIPP use don't create a supercharger whine but rather a turbo-like sound complete with a turbo-like blow-off (if equipped). It's the positive displacement (especially the twin-screw type) that is known for the supercharger whine:

JeepColorado

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Procharger-

Centrifugal-

RIPP-

Plug your ears....if any of this is what you think a Jeep should sound like then we'll just have to agree to disagree, but I'd recommend completing the look with any of the following-

rims.jpg
images.jpeg
images-1.jpeg

traviswalker007

First Name
Tony T Walker
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Love to see waht jeep says when you blow the engine under warranty with the pro Charger?? Maybe it will be cheaper when my warranty is out but $6500.00 for about 40hp!! I think ill live

3illy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS Granite Crystal Metalic, 2013 Harley Davidson FXDF
Screen shot 2018-09-17 at 9.37.31 AM.png

Looking at this graph, am I mistaken that the 2.0l eTorque JL delivers more torque at lower RPM for less than the 6500 price tag of this super charger?

JJexp

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Raptor, 68 Y body coupe.
Occupation
G650 driver
Love to see waht jeep says when you blow the engine under warranty with the pro Charger?? Maybe it will be cheaper when my warranty is out but $6500.00 for about 40hp!! I think ill live
Where are you getting 40hp from?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.