Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
VP Information Technology
Good morning! So Saturday, I got to do a very little bit of light wheeling, but I was able to put her in 4L and disengage the sway bar. When I was done, I got back to level road (confirmed by the off-road pages). I could not, for the life of me, get my sway bar to reconnect. I tried shutting the jeep off, letting it sit for a few minutes, turning it back on. I tried rocking it while the sway bar was attempting to reconnect. I tried re-engaging 4H and 4L, then going back. Nothing seemed to work. Ultimately, I ended up driving (very carefully) for about an hour with it in that state. Every so often I'd pull over and try again. Finally, after about an hour I got it to reconnect. Is there some magic I'm missing? Do I have a defective unit? Also, I read that several people have had issues w/ the electronics w/ the seals leaking, but I was totally dry the whole time, the jeep has never been through any water crossing (yet).

If it's this dicey all the time, I'm seriously thinking of just installing quick release, manual sway bar disconnects and never touching the automatic one again. That leads me to my next question. If I do that, I'd probably just swap out the electronic sway bar for a normal one. Anyone know if that is a direct swap?

2021 JLU Rubicon w/ 6-spd Tranny. TIA!
Sponsored

supermike

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR 6 speed 2021 JLUR 392
For sure its not normal, should reconnect right away.
I had quick release anyway because I can disconnect in 2wd, driving over 20 mph and just forget the annoying constant connecting and disconnecting....

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
I have a button mapped via the tazer for swaykill. I can tap the right up arrow on the wheel from a stop and the swaybar disconnects (at any speed) until I turn off the jeep or tap the button again to reconnect (at any speed).

I disco all the time and it locks/unlocks immediately. Maybe I've broken the gears in well :).

yotajeeper

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara 1996 toyota4runner
Good morning! So Saturday, I got to do a very little bit of light wheeling, but I was able to put her in 4L and disengage the sway bar. When I was done, I got back to level road (confirmed by the off-road pages). I could not, for the life of me, get my sway bar to reconnect. I tried shutting the jeep off, letting it sit for a few minutes, turning it back on. I tried rocking it while the sway bar was attempting to reconnect. I tried re-engaging 4H and 4L, then going back. Nothing seemed to work. Ultimately, I ended up driving (very carefully) for about an hour with it in that state. Every so often I'd pull over and try again. Finally, after about an hour I got it to reconnect. Is there some magic I'm missing? Do I have a defective unit? Also, I read that several people have had issues w/ the electronics w/ the seals leaking, but I was totally dry the whole time, the jeep has never been through any water crossing (yet).

If it's this dicey all the time, I'm seriously thinking of just installing quick release, manual sway bar disconnects and never touching the automatic one again. That leads me to my next question. If I do that, I'd probably just swap out the electronic sway bar for a normal one. Anyone know if that is a direct swap?

2021 JLU Rubicon w/ 6-spd Tranny. TIA!
If it makes you feel any better I’ve been driving disconnected for 6 months now
Sponsored