Sponsored

Problems ordering.. being told Restriction on Rubicon?

du22ty

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Been browsing the forum for a very long time and was prepared to put my order in. The dealer I had chosen is now telling me the Rubicon is on restriction. Obviously I find this very hard to believe, especially since I haven't seen anything about it on here.

Can anyone educate me so I can educate the dealer?

I've got my tread lightly discount ready to go!

:edit: Spoke to Jeep. They confirmed the restriction and said due to high order volumes the Rubicon is restricted to 1 week a month.
Sponsored

Last edited:

buried20kleague

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Crush Rubi
Wow, so they're only building Rubi's one week a MONTH??? Geez. That's crazy.

There must be incredible demand on this vehicle. Quick, somebody buy some FCA stock!

dudemind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Did you choose a manual by any chance?

I made another thread on this. I was told there's a restriction on manuals specifically. They also said something about "February's allotment" being all filled out, though I have no clue if that meant for my dealer for the factory.

Rumblefish

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite JLUR; 2015 BMW R1200GS
This restriction may be temporary, after the JK line closes and JL/JLU hit full production the restriction might be lifted.

MojitoJLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito
This restriction may be temporary, after the JK line closes and JL/JLU hit full production the restriction might be lifted.
I'm not sure the end of JK will actually help. JK is on a different line and that line will be used for the JL Scrambler. It won't increase the JL capacity. I think JL is having supplier issues. They issue a certain volume curve to their suppliers and if they forecasted wrong, they might be short on certain parts.

Sponsored

Hip2u77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine: '14 JKUR, Hers: '18 JLUR
I'm not sure the end of JK will actually help. JK is on a different line and that line will be used for the JL Scrambler. It won't increase the JL capacity. I think JL is having supplier issues. They issue a certain volume curve to their suppliers and if they forecasted wrong, they might be short on certain parts.

This is when JIT (Just-In-Time) inventory comes back to bite them in the butt. We rarely ran out of parts at KC Ford Plant when they ran it the old school way of storing crap, but after JIT we ran out of stuff 5x as often. Trucks would run non-stop all day, every day bringing us what we needed for the next day or three. If any one of them had a problem the line would stop while we waited for parts.

OP
OP

du22ty

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Did you choose a manual by any chance?

I made another thread on this. I was told there's a restriction on manuals specifically. They also said something about "February's allotment" being all filled out, though I have no clue if that meant for my dealer for the factory.
I specified 8 speed to the dealer but who knows what options he actually put down. I wasn't there in person. Not sure what's what to be honest. Jeep chat definitely said Rubicon's and not manual Rubicon's.

She said the first day I could order would be March 8.

I also brought up Sting Grey and she said the day to do that would be April 9.

AwCrimety

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUS
I ordered a 4 door Rubicon on Monday. Still in D status as of yesterday, but has a Vin at least.

Bluebicon

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GMC Sierra All Terrain
I ordered an auto JLUR 2 days ago and the order sheet that the dealer sent me has the top line item of "Rubicon" highlighted in yellow as the only restricted item on the sheet.

Sponsored

LVTiffy

First Name
Tiffany
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jeep Wrangler Rubi
I ordered a JLUR last night in Ocean Blue, Auto. Dealer made no mention of a delay or restriction. Said they are rolling them out fast and gave an eta of 4 weeks..hrm

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
I ordered an auto JLUR 2 days ago and the order sheet that the dealer sent me has the top line item of "Rubicon" highlighted in yellow as the only restricted item on the sheet.
Don't worry, my JLUR was the same and went into KZ status within less than 2 weeks
Sponsored