Sponsored

Problems installing Mopar Lift

CincyJLRubi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Started to tackle installing the lift on my 21 JLUR. Watched plenty of videos and have the process down.
Two issues.
1. I was expecting and directions call for different part numbers for for left and right front springs. My crate came with 2 of the same. Right sided number. No red tag. 68414067AA.
Did they change something or am I screwed until I can get a replacement?
Jeep Wrangler JL Problems installing Mopar Lift 15E8B740-7B21-4889-8374-C7C212C9B03C

2. also the sway bar links required a new nut. Canā€™t use same one. Wondering if they sent me wrong set of those.
Help!
Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Never mind. Just realized the 2.0 has the same part number for both right and left. I should probably call it a day!
Take the sways to a hardware store and grab the correct flange nuts. Theyā€™re definitely different and not included in the parts list.

OP
OP

CincyJLRubi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did just that. Thanks. Surprised I havenā€™t seen a mention of this before.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Did just that. Thanks. Surprised I havenā€™t seen a mention of this before.
Yeah, Iā€™m not sure if the manufacturer of the stock links changed at some point. Thereā€™s no way tons of guys havenā€™t had the same problem.

Sponsored

cavguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I installed front and rear Mopar sway bar end links from the Mopar lift awhile back and reused the stock nuts for all 4 of the extended links.... Why did yours not fit? Was the thread pitch different? Mine went on a 2020 JLUR.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
I installed front and rear Mopar sway bar end links from the Mopar lift awhile back and reused the stock nuts for all 4 of the extended links.... Why did yours not fit? Was the thread pitch different? Mine went on a 2020 JLUR.
I didnā€™t bring the stock nuts to compare, but it was something like pitch, they would thread on to start, but were impossible to tighten. I tried pretty hard before giving up. I ran a 3/8 impact with a hex socket in the end to try, I think I stopped before pulling out the 1/2ā€ impact. The correct thread ran right on.

OP
OP

CincyJLRubi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I didnā€™t bring the stock nuts to compare, but it was something like pitch, they would thread on to start, but were impossible to tighten. I tried pretty hard before giving up. I ran a 3/8 impact with a hex socket in the end to try, I think I stopped before pulling out the 1/2ā€ impact. The correct thread ran right on.
This is is exactly it. Different pitch Youā€™d think Mopar would be more current in their instructions and parts.

cavguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Odd, I wonder if this was a change for 2021 year models?

Mark Simmers

First Name
MSimm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 Jeep Sahara Unlimited Altitude
Just received my lift kit yesterday and it did include the (2) new flange nuts. They were not listed in parts list (kit# 77072430AE) when I was checking off everything. I did see though the previous front end link (#68306981AA) has been replaced with a new updated part number #68306981AB which I got. The new flange nuts they included did fit the end link that was sent. No new updates in the parts list yet but I assume they will be updating with another version soon. Hopefully no issues when I begin the build in a few weeks.
Sponsored