Sponsored

Problem with Mopar Soft Top (little flap won't stay shut). Anyone else?

AnebuR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon + 2014 JK Sport S
4 months now and not a single time have these tabs come out. The only thing they replaced was the rear window, not the clamps. The window has GREEN tabs on it. The part number is 5VP84FX9-AG. They replaced it under warranty.

Can you please take a pic of the new tab design? Should make it easier for us to point to that at the dealerships.
Sponsored

OHIIIIIIIO

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara
Can you please take a pic of the new tab design? Should make it easier for us to point to that at the dealerships.
Just received my replacement under warranty. works great, including after highway drives. The green tabs are 2x larger to stay tucked in.

9CA70BB5-2FCB-4598-99A1-DEAA550806C0.jpeg

AnebuR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just received my replacement under warranty. works great, including after highway drives. The green tabs are 2x larger to stay tucked in.
Looks like a way better design. I wonder if there's also going to be a replacement part for the side windows, since those seem to be blowing out at highway speeds for some people.

Jennalee

First Name
Jennalee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 White 2 door Willys V6 Automatic

9CA70BB5-2FCB-4598-99A1-DEAA550806C0.jpeg
Looks like a way better design. I wonder if there's also going to be a replacement part for the side windows, since those seem to be blowing out at highway speeds for some people.
so the older JLs don’t have the green tabs? or maybe the standard top doesn’t? Mine was built in Oct 2020, I have the Premium soft top and mine has the green tabs. I love mine so far.

OHIIIIIIIO

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara
so the older JLs don’t have the green tabs? or maybe the standard top doesn’t? Mine was built in Oct 2020, I have the Premium soft top and mine has the green tabs. I love mine so far.
Correct, 2018 and some 2019 soft top issues. The orig tabs were flat and black, about an inch shorter. First model year problems.

Sponsored

OHIIIIIIIO

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara
My sides panels have been rock solid so not sure. If they haven’t changed the design from 2018 to 2020, then prob not.

Jeepgal59

First Name
Lucy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Wrangler unlimited
Same thing happened to me this weekend. It only seemed to be a problem as you said with very high winds. I first noticed it because I could see flashes of daylight at times where the top was flapping. It was a little unnerving. I kept expecting to see the top flying off.
I also have this problem (in strong winds) my '99 Jeep had clips that held the top to the door header. Although they got to be a pain to clip later on, I wonder if it would be better than having wind blowing through my 2014....

IronScott

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1992 Jeep YJ, 2002 Chevy Silverado
I also have this problem (in strong winds) my '99 Jeep had clips that held the top to the door header. Although they got to be a pain to clip later on, I wonder if it would be better than having wind blowing through my 2014....
Having had it for a while, I've rarely had that situation again. The top is really good on the JL. When I had that problem previously it was with some really extreme winds so perhaps just a fluke. My only real complaint is getting the rear bottom passenger side to come loose. It's pretty stubborn but at least it's tight and doesn't flap around.

Sponsored

JeepNYak

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys
Anyone find way to stop this? Mine come undone after every drive.

AnebuR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anyone find way to stop this? Mine come undone after every drive.
If your Jeep is still under warranty and your tabs are shorter than the green ones in the pic, you can have the entire rear window replaced. That's what I did, since I originally had the old design with short black tabs. You'll have to go through FCA's dedicated customer service first for them to authorize your local dealer to order and replace the window.

JeepNYak

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys
If your Jeep is still under warranty and your tabs are shorter than the green ones in the pic, you can have the entire rear window replaced. That's what I did, since I originally had the old design with short black tabs. You'll have to go through FCA's dedicated customer service first for them to authorize your local dealer to order and replace the window.

I sent @JeepCares message. I have 2020 but bought soft top from local jeep owner. Idk how that will work.