Pricing Questions on 2018 JL Sport S??

nywrangler

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Hi, I am thinking about making a purchase on the 2018 JL in the next few weeks, with the sticker price shown in the picture, is it possible for me to get at least 10% off MSRP before tax and fees? Dealer located in Long Island, New York
Probably will stop by dealership next week to discuss about the pricing.
upload_2018-12-30_20-48-20.png
Sponsored

nypharm

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD PRO
Hi, I am thinking about making a purchase on the 2018 JL in the next few weeks, with the sticker price shown in the picture, is it possible for me to get at least 10% off MSRP before tax and fees? Dealer located in Long Island, New York
You can get 2019 for 5% below invoice. I believe on a 2018 you should be able to get a better deal.

Robertrinaustin

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18` JLUSS, Outback
I bought mine 2 weeks ago in Texas for 12% off MSRP. That was a little under 7% off invoice. Depending on how many 18's are left in your area, you should be able to do similar.

punknking

First Name
Chrus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
buying JLU soon
5-7 % off invoice is what is expected to pay

crazychile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Wrangler JK, 2018 Wrangler JLU
I read somewhere that most NY/NJ dealers don't like to deal. You may need to travel, but shoot for 5% below invoice.

Sponsored

ChrispyJL

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk"N JLU Sport s
Occupation
Building Mechanic
Call and ask your local dealer for 5% off invoice.
If they say no, move onto the next dealer
It is pretty easy to get 5% off invoice
I wouldn't even walk into a dealer without knowing honestly.

OP
OP

nywrangler

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
went to two dealerships today, both offered around $2000 off MSRP out here in Long Island NY. shook their hands and left :no:

Robertrinaustin

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18` JLUSS, Outback
I'd never go in until you get a price you like. I go to the dealer's site and pick the vehicle I like. I use the button to check availability or whatever it says to ask about the car. Tell them you interested in this specific Jeep and want their best price. These usually go to an internet sales guy/ gal that is used to doing deals via email.

I've found about half the dealers respond with legitimate offers. Expand your search to hit as many dealers as possible until you get the deal you want.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I'd never go in until you get a price you like. I go to the dealer's site and pick the vehicle I like. I use the button to check availability or whatever it says to ask about the car. Tell them you interested in this specific Jeep and want their best price. These usually go to an internet sales guy/ gal that is used to doing deals via email.

I've found about half the dealers respond with legitimate offers. Expand your search to hit as many dealers as possible until you get the deal you want.
I will challenge this approach slightly.

I recommend building the Jeep you want and going to one of the no-haggle dealers and getting a quote at 5%-7% off of invoice. That is your benchmark. Then you can shop specific Jeeps. Contact the dealers and tell them you want the same discount or better and that you have an offer in hand at that rate.

Then see what you get. It's better to have a benchmark. Same with a trade. Get a CarMax quote first. Then ask the dealer for their best price on the trade. If it is not as good as the CarMax quote you tell them you already have a committed quote for more.