Pricing Question

Nahiki

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2 Dr. Rubicon
I have been lurking on this sight for a year, absorbing your wisdom, and dreaming of my Jeep. I am closing on my house in Austin this week and moving to my childhood home in the mountains above Boulder. I had planned to buy my Jeep once I moved there. Just to add to the chaos of my home closing, I decided that maybe trading in my Volvo for my Jeep next week in Austin might make the drive North more fun.

I received the quote below from a local dealer, not everything I wanted, but a damn fine vehicle. Any pricing comments? Thanks!

2019 2-Door Rubicon
Silver with Black Hardtop
2.0 Turbo w/Auto trans
Premium Cloth Bucket Seats
Cold Weather Group
LED lighting Group
8.4" LCD w/ Nav & Premium Alpine Sound
All Weather Floor Mats
Remote Proximity Keyless Entry

It's gonna cost me $800 to get it here by the 15th. Here's the pricing:

MSRP: $47,965
Discount: - $2,702
Transport Cost: + $800
Total: $ 46,063 + TTL
Sponsored

euan2020

First Name
Euan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Landy 110, 2014, 1.8T Golf GTI 2001, Audi Q5 2013,
doesn't sound competitive to me

5% below MRSP when should be 5% below Invoice, which would likely make it around 10% below MRSP + there are likely accessories there you don't want ?

River Oaks in Houstin offering me 4% below invoice & other site member got 7.5% below Invoice from Demontond in Conroe (Houston) - I'm expecting them to give me 6% after a dance

lonz

First Name
Lonz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Order Jeep Wrangler JL
13% below MSRP is the target. So $41,729, plus $800 for transportation.

OP
OP
Nahiki

Nahiki

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2 Dr. Rubicon
Thanks so much for the data!

NOMAD-0311

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scat Pack Challenger
I have been lurking on this sight for a year, absorbing your wisdom, and dreaming of my Jeep. I am closing on my house in Austin this week and moving to my childhood home in the mountains above Boulder. I had planned to buy my Jeep once I moved there. Just to add to the chaos of my home closing, I decided that maybe trading in my Volvo for my Jeep next week in Austin might make the drive North more fun.

I received the quote below from a local dealer, not everything I wanted, but a damn fine vehicle. Any pricing comments? Thanks!

2019 2-Door Rubicon
2.0 Turbo w/Auto trans
Cold Weather Group
LED lighting Group
All Weather Floor Mats

I contacted a few dealers in the Austin area (Bluebonnet in New Braunfels and the Jeep dealer in San Marcos) and none wanted to deal. I also contacted in Madisonville as well and same story.

DeMo frond was the only dealership in are general vicinity that I found willing to work a good deal. And all I did was mention the Forum and 6% under invoice and he took care of it all with just a few emails and a call for the $300 deposit

Sponsored

OP
OP
Nahiki

Nahiki

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2 Dr. Rubicon
I contacted a few dealers in the Austin area (Bluebonnet in New Braunfels and the Jeep dealer in San Marcos) and none wanted to deal. I also contacted in Madisonville as well and same story.

DeMo frond was the only dealership in are general vicinity that I found willing to work a good deal. And all I did was mention the Forum and 6% under invoice and he took care of it all with just a few emails and a call for the $300 deposit
Perfect, thanks so much!

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
Most of the people who get the 10% (or more) off of MSRP usually custom order, and the orders take a couple months to come in. Dealers may not move as much on dealer stock. I don't know why they look at the numbers differently. Can't hurt to try though.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Where's it coming from? Hopefully not from Colorado. Dealer lot sales should be lower because there is an 80 day supply of JLs now, one of the highest number in years so they should make very good deals to move them. My ordered JLR listed for $47,415 and I paid $42,100 including $1,000 loyalty cash.
Also, the recommendation from Jeep is no higher than 55 mph for first 300 mile break in period.

OP
OP
Nahiki

Nahiki

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2 Dr. Rubicon
Where's it coming from? Hopefully not from Colorado. Dealer lot sales should be lower because there is an 80 day supply of JLs now, one of the highest number in years so they should make very good deals to move them. My ordered JLR listed for $47,415 and I paid $42,100 including $1,000 loyalty cash.
Also, the recommendation from Jeep is no higher than 55 mph for first 300 mile break in period.
You guys are amazing, thanks!

jeepixel

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WBGO View, 2019 2d Wrangler Rubicon

2019 2-Door Rubicon
2.0 Turbo w/Auto trans
Cold Weather Group
LED lighting Group
All Weather Floor Mats

FWIW. . . I got 6% under invoice at Nyle Maxwell on 620 near 183 / Lakeline. But I ordered mine, not sure if they will do that deal for stock. But. . . they have a TON of Jeeps on the lot and if the reports are to be believed, there is a glut of them so maybe they will deal. Good luck and I wish I was moving to Boulder, too (just for the summers. . .).

Sponsored

OP
OP
Nahiki

Nahiki

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2 Dr. Rubicon
FWIW. . . I got 6% under invoice at Nyle Maxwell on 620 near 183 / Lakeline. But I ordered mine, not sure if they will do that deal for stock. But. . . they have a TON of Jeeps on the lot and if the reports are to be believed, there is a glut of them so maybe they will deal. Good luck and I wish I was moving to Boulder, too (just for the summers. . .).
Thanks Al! Is there a guy you could recommend at Nyle? Winters in Boulder are not that bad, at least it is dry cold.

Columbus104

First Name
Kurtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Moab (white)
One thing that worked for me was getting an email quote from an out-of-town dealership. I then took it to several local dealerships to see who would match it. None of them quite matched the offer (which was from a dealer 500 miles away), but one came within $700. I was willing to pay a bit more to have a relationship with a local dealer and avoid traveling to pick up my Jeep, so I went with that offer. And that deal was thousands less than they were offering me before I got the out-of-town offer.

jeepixel

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WBGO View, 2019 2d Wrangler Rubicon
Thanks Al! Is there a guy you could recommend at Nyle? Winters in Boulder are not that bad, at least it is dry cold.
Here you go, I hope you can snag a good deal! As you probably know, the salespeople don't have much say in the final pricing, as those decisions are made by the dealership boss. I first made contact with the salesperson via email, stating what I wanted and noted that I was looking for the 6% under invoice deal that I'd seen others getting; after they said they could do it, then I went in to make it happen. At the dealmaking moment with the boss, I got the standard "we're losing money on this deal, but I'll do it" spiel, but I didn't care what they said as long as I got a deal that I thought was fair all around. TT&L from them seemed reasonable. Financing conditions can also change the deal. Contact Janie Wiley at Nyle Maxwell CDJR Super Center, 512-431-9674 or [email protected].

OP
OP
Nahiki

Nahiki

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2 Dr. Rubicon
Here you go, I hope you can snag a good deal! As you probably know, the salespeople don't have much say in the final pricing, as those decisions are made by the dealership boss. I first made contact with the salesperson via email, stating what I wanted and noted that I was looking for the 6% under invoice deal that I'd seen others getting; after they said they could do it, then I went in to make it happen. At the dealmaking moment with the boss, I got the standard "we're losing money on this deal, but I'll do it" spiel, but I didn't care what they said as long as I got a deal that I thought was fair all around. TT&L from them seemed reasonable. Financing conditions can also change the deal. Contact Janie Wiley at Nyle Maxwell CDJR Super Center, 512-431-9674 or [email protected].
We’ll give it a shot. Thanks again.

JgreenCriswellMD

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
JULIUS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE
Occupation
Sales Manager Jeep Sales
We’ll give it a shot. Thanks again.
I see you are looking for affordable pricing. Currently I am offering 7% below invoice on all Factory Orders as well as Instock Wranglers. You can get an additional 1% with any affiliations you have. Check out my reviews here in the forum.

Julius
Sponsored