Pricing of tops at jeep.com buildsite

sten

First Name
sten
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2018 JL
Sorry if this has been covered! Tried to search, but couldn't find it... Anyways, when I build my Jeep I have some options; Dual Top Group - $2195, Sunrider Soft Top - $595, and Black Freedom Hard Top - $1095. Does the Rubicon come with any Top? Also, why is the Dual option more expensive than the two separate options? I must be missing something very simple!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Budagreg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon 2-Door Turbo, 2012 BMW 328i, 1999 Miata, 38' Fleetwood Expedition RV
All come with a Standard soft top.
The $595 is the upcharge for the Premium soft top.
The MOPAR Parts cost for the Premium soft top will be near $2k! (when orderable)
My dealer could not order the Dual top (Feb 19th) so I ordered the Hardtop and will get the Premium soft top at their cost (supposedly).

Mid-life Wrangler

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JLU
Sorry if this has been covered! Tried to search, but couldn't find it... Anyways, when I build my Jeep I have some options; Dual Top Group - $2195, Sunrider Soft Top - $595, and Black Freedom Hard Top - $1095. Does the Rubicon come with any Top? Also, why is the Dual option more expensive than the two separate options? I must be missing something very simple!
As stated above, all come with at least the standard top. If you upgrade you get credit for not getting the standard top. Let’s say the credit is $600. So, if the hard top alone would cost $1700, you get it for $1100. The premium soft top alone would be around $1200. You get it for $600. The premium soft top and hard top combined ($1700 + $1200) would be $2900. You only get the $600 credit once, so you would expect to pay $2300, but they are charging $2200, so they are actually giving you roughly $100 discount for buying both. This threw me off initially as well. I hope this helps.

Edit: All of these tops will cost more on the aftermarket.

LeaN69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUR 4xe / 23 Bolt EUV / 22 Camaro SS 1LE
Actually OP is correct and I understand exactly what he's talking about. I was confused about this as well.

At first glance numbers don't add up:

Standard soft top : $0 (included)
Premium soft top : $595 (upgrade - includes credit for standard soft top)
3pc black hardtop: $1,095 (upgrade - includes credit for standard soft top)
___________TOTAL: $1,690 <-- this total includes 2x standard soft top credits.

Dual top group : $2,195 (upgrade - includes credit for standard soft top)
Package consists of both Premium soft top and Black hardtop.
___________TOTAL: $2,195

Difference is $505 making dual top presumably more expensive.
What your overlooking is the $ credited for standard soft top, you can not be credited for it twice.

OP
OP
sten

sten

First Name
sten
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2018 JL
Thanks guys! I might just have to wait for the one touch! ;-)

Teth

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Ford Taurus
Is there any way to buy an aftermarket hard top? Went with the premium soft top but now second guessing
Sponsored