PRICING HELP - SUSPENSION/SHOCKS/GEARS/WHEELS/TIRES

2Wheel-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD, 1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1975 Datsun 620
Why Metal Cloak or RK? How do you compare them over Superlift with kings....?
While King shocks are generally highly regarded, Superlift products are generally considered as bottom of the barrel stuff. There are a lot of brands with better reputations (but can't really think of one with worse).

They're quoting you for 15 hours labor for a gear swap? Is this their first time doing a gear swap?

Ultimately it's your choice. Most of your items appear to be purely based on mall-crawler looks over function, so if that's an accurate assessment have at it. In that case, if you have a Rubicon, don't bother with the regear.
Sponsored

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s

Arrowhead

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Lift height does not necessarily dictate driveshaft replacement. Droop does. Generally, front shocks with more than about 29" of extended length should have a new front shaft. No real need for a rear shaft.
True, but what's the point of putting on a 4" lift if you are going to stunt it with short shocks? And yes no rear driveshaft on a 4dr, but 2dr I'm sure. I forgot, not all the world has a 2dr. :)

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
Lift height does not necessarily dictate driveshaft replacement. Droop does. Generally, front shocks with more than about 29" of extended length should have a new front shaft. No real need for a rear shaft.
True, but what's the point of putting on a 4" lift if you are going to stunt it with short shocks? And yes no rear driveshaft on a 4dr, but 2dr I'm sure. I forgot, not all the world has a 2dr. :)
Any idea what the max rear shock length would be for a 2-door (with factory driveshaft)?

Sponsored

2Wheel-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any idea what the max rear shock length would be for a 2-door (with factory driveshaft)?
Sorry, no idea. The 29" number I mentioned was a general recommendation I've seen posted by a number of knowledgeable people, so it's not a number I actually know. However, in my experimenting with stuff, it's about the point where the driveshaft starts contacting that flange on the transfer case side (sorry, hard to explain).

2Wheel-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The front shocks that EVO uses on their 4.5" lift are just under 29", if I recall correctly (same as their 3.5" kits).
By the way, when it comes to the front driveshaft, it doesn't know if it's a 2dr or 4dr. You'll note that I was only commenting on the front.

Aside from the driveshaft, I would have some reluctance running much longer than 29" in the front with standard front arm length, as the short arms put the axle in a rather compromised position that may cause damage under certain forward moving conditions fully drooped.

OP
OP
First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JEEP WRANGLER JL
I went with a RKS 3.5 and kings with 37 TOYO open country RT with 20” x 12.5 -18 offset...black rhino armory. I’ll post photos when it’s done.

Sponsored

Old Jeeper

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Port Charlotte, FL, Naples Fl, 17 Oaks Ranch, Tex
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLR-X 2023 JLR, 2021 JTR. 20 F 450 KR,
Occupation
US Army Infantry, IT Engineer
Price all the parts yourself and see what deals you can get. Then shop labor so you can see what’s possible.

I would also reconsider a wheel that size. Stay with a 17” rim is my opinion.