Sponsored

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
Maybe we should go back to riding horses, at least they were bulletproof........oh wait, that’s how you got rid of them when they had a flat.

Never mind.
Horses emit methane....very bad for the environment. It’s a hidden fact that horses probably started global warming.
Sponsored

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4Xe, 2.5" lift, 17" wheels, 37" tires
Dealer just texted me and said full pricing is out.

Gazelle

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe ordered 11/6/20; delivered 5/13/21
Build Thread
Link
... Instead, you get a 7500 tax credit on your yearly income taxes. So, that is something, but not really a dollar for dollar deduction at the time of sale. At best this is going to shave off 7500 from your yearly adjusted gross income for tax purposes. ...

...The 4xe will still cost you whatever the MSRP and your negotiating skills result in at the the dealership that day. The rebate/credit has no bearing at all....
As @beaups mentioned earlier, there are a few incorrect statements in this post. The tax credit reduces how much tax you owe the feds. It does not reduce your Adjusted Gross Income (wages-deductions). See this article for an easily understood explanantion.
https://cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/how-does-the-electric-car-tax-credit-work

The federal tax credit would help reduce total purchase costs for those who choose to pay the ~$2500 extra for the 4xe's propulsion system. The question should be: is the extra power, complexity, and risk of being an early adopter worth paying less than a comparably equipped, internal combustion only model...and...do you want those "mandatory options" anyway? In my case, I would prefer not to get painted hardtop or fenders, but would purchase all the other options anyway. The extra ~$1600 in unwanted, mandatory options is still less than the [(Extra Cost)-(Tax Credit)] or [(2500+1600)-7500]= -3400, so I'm $3400 ahead of where I would be if I bought the less powerful, but likely less problematic 2.0L Turbo model. So, for me, the Fed credit has tremendous bearing. I go from choosing to spend _more_ money for less power to saving money for more power.

Additionally, many people live in states where there are additional tax incentives for pHEV's; these will reduce the total price further.

kmmn

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 80th Anniversary EcoDiesel, 2013 JK Sport & 2014 JK Sport
So I stopped by my dealer earlier today to chat about the pricing. Figured I'd share some details.

"Well-equipped" Sahara 4XE starting at MSRP 47,995
What does that mean?
just what others have posted. the 20" wheels, leather trimmed bucket seats, LED grp, the 8.4" display with Alpine system, the 2.72:1 selec trac, the Dana 44HD axles. The dealer showed me how he couldnt even select any of these options to add since they were already included. So thats confirmed. I dont recall what top it comes with but its not a body color hard top! (I would guess a black hard top)

Then there's the Sahara Altitude 4XE, which Im looking at carefully b/c it has more options that interest me such as the body color hard top, the safety group, remote start, and remote keyless entry already included in the package. At this time (maybe this will change later!), the Sahara Altitude 4XE is avail only in crystal granite, black, white, and billet silver.

But we don't have a price on the Sahara Altitude 4XE, so Im not sure how much over the Sahara 4XE 47,995 the Sahara Altitude 4XE will go.

And while they said they could go a few K's below invoice on a wrangler, they said they will not do so on the 4XE's now and are looking for MSRP....little nutty in my opinion!
Koons said they would do 5% under invoice, but that was right after they announced the 4xe was going to start production

DaveNH

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
According to that chart (which looks to be built by a 12 year old) plug-in hybrids are the 2nd least reliable of any powertrain type and less reliable than ICE
One reason may be that conventional hybrid sales are dominated by Prius/Toyota and Honda.

But other automakers with less stellar reliability reputations, who missed the first hybrid wave, largely skipped right to plug ins.

I also suspect that because the ICE in a plug in runs far less than a conventional hybrid, it doesn't help matters. There's something to be said for regular, moderate use.

Sponsored

tampahoosier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD and 2005 TJ
there is up to a $7500 tax credit for purchasing an electric hybrid. (Provided you have enough tax obligation) There’s some good threads on here explaining the tax credit. My wife’ really wants one after I traded my Wrangler for a Gladiator.
Welcome to the future dark side! I love my Gladiator, I get so much previously unknown use out of my bed! And the ride is better. But I sure do like that 392 Wrangler! Hell even the 4xe, just because of the added power you get off it too!

Demonic

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
the most unreliable offroader evah! /puke
Not sure what that has to do with pricing. Regardless, everything is a matter of personal compromises and priorities. I suspect if someone’s number one priority was having the most reliable off-roader they wouldn’t be driving a JL to begin with.

Sponsored

Bren

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Granite Crystal Rubicon 4XE
From what I have read it is the second generation of that system. I am not sure what the difference is
one difference is the Pacifica uses the 3.6L, while the 4xe uses the 2.0L. Not sure if batteries or other components have changed.

19JTRubiconEcoDiesel

First Name
JoLHY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.8JKUX6MHD, 3.6JLUR6MPT, Deciding/waiting on Sarge JTRD or JTR4xe
I need to do more research, but is this the same system that FCA is using on the Pacifica?
This is not. Pacifica PHEV uses 3.6 Pentastar with electrified CVT whereas the Wrangler 4xe uses the combination of 2.0T e-Torque (from 2018-2019) and electrified ZF 8-speed AT.

Last edited:

jacllondon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl rubicon granite 2 doors; 2021 willys Sarge
Vehicle Showcase
So I dont want to derail this thread I just need a honest advice. Have been following the launch of the 4xe since the beginning. Now we are in talks to buy another wrangler (toy for me ). and i cannot decide if i want to throw 50k+ on something so new. Its still fresh in my mind the steering wheel saga and how much of a hassle was with the different dealers and honestly I do not want to go through all of that and hear from them "this is how is supposed to operate". Some still say the steering is still bad on 2021s. Now the advice: 1 order a 4xe and pray it doesnt have issues like the steering. or other. 2 go test drive a NON 4xe . 3 Buy a TJ for the fun of owning a jeep. TJ here in florida are rust clean but cost $15-17k for less than 100k miles. What to do?

Rub-ISH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR 2.0t, 22 Volvo XC60 T8 ER, 06 Audi A3
Just read that the gas tank is 17.2 gallons. They've stated 'almost 400 mile range'.
So let's call it 395 mile range, minus the 25 all-electric miles = 370 miles.
370/17.2 gal = 21.5mpg. For a system putting out the numbers they claim, that's pretty good.
Looking forward to seeing real world tests, including the Ike -
That is pretty close to what I get with the 2.0t

jerseymike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
So I dont want to derail this thread I just need a honest advice. Have been following the launch of the 4xe since the beginning. Now we are in talks to buy another wrangler (toy for me ). and i cannot decide if i want to throw 50k+ on something so new. Its still fresh in my mind the steering wheel saga and how much of a hassle was with the different dealers and honestly I do not want to go through all of that and hear from them "this is how is supposed to operate". Some still say the steering is still bad on 2021s. Now the advice: 1 order a 4xe and pray it doesnt have issues like the steering. or other. 2 go test drive a NON 4xe . 3 Buy a TJ for the fun of owning a jeep. TJ here in florida are rust clean but cost $15-17k for less than 100k miles. What to do?

Man those TJs hold their value well.....I would look at a JK over a TJ as you get a lot more bang for your buck and a larger vehicle with much more availability of parts.

that said, I love the JLs (even though I just sold mine for a JT)
Sponsored