Sponsored

beaups

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
I thought it only lowered your taxable income by 7500?
No. My understanding is It simply lowers your tax liability by $7500, but cannot lower it to < $0. For anyone that pays more than $7500/year in taxes (probably everyone that can afford a 4XE), it’s a free $7500 from the government.
Sponsored

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI

JeepVT

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
I still want to know if my Jeep will work if one engine fails. So if the electric engine fails on the trails, can I get home on the 2.0 and vice versa?

Jehovasfitness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR and '04 Z06
That is incorrect. The credit cannot exceed your tax liability for the year but has nothing to do with what you owe or are due on April 15th. If you paid $7500 in taxes throughout the year (e.g. paycheck withholdings) and that happened to be your exact tax obligation for the year, you would receive a $7500 tax refund.

this is correct

Compression-Ignition

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0 Diesel, 2020 6.7L F350
I still want to know if my Jeep will work if one engine fails. So if the electric engine fails on the trails, can I get home on the 2.0 and vice versa?
I would think your trail better be both very short, and pretty close to home to get back on electricity only........

Sponsored

19JTRubiconEcoDiesel

First Name
JoLHY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.8JKUX6MHD, 3.6JLUR6MPT, Deciding/waiting on Sarge JTRD or JTR4xe
The starting MSRP for the Rubicon 4xe and Sahara 4xe have been released.

Rubicon 4xe - $51,695
Sahara 4xe - $47,995

https://www.jeep.com/wrangler-4xe.html

There is no pricing information on the Build and Pricing section for the 4xe. Appears as if you need to contact your local dealer for further pricing details for now.

A1C41651-1CF9-4292-B502-267BB296F2D4.png
i was given this as ‘standard’ features on the 4xe Rubicon - looks like ‘well equipped’ adds about $3,190 on options to the standard Rubicon base so it appears as though the 4xe premium is a bit over $6k

E6BF7822-7910-4493-9874-65B9D076574A.png
Versus comparably equipped JLUR 2.0T, JLUR 4xe is:
$2425 more before $7500 Federal Tax Incentives
$5075 cheaper after $7500 Federal Tax Incentives. Varying state-level incentives make it even cheaper.

Jeep Wrangler JL Pricing announced for 2021 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe and Sahara 4xe 1608818099272

Great pricing strategy.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon 21' Rubicon
Wow, after government incentive, it turns out to be much cheaper than expected.
I have an appt to go build a 21” rubicon Saturday but maybe I should rethink that.
My only concern is the proven durability of this setup.

The 6cyl I’m planning on ordering could very well be around 10-15 years from now, whereas hybrid batteries sometimes have a shortened lifespan.

My wife had a civic hybrid back in 2015 that had the hybrid battery fail at 59,000 miles. Thankfully still under warranty, but it would’ve been over $9,000 out of warranty.

Raylan Givens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
My only concern is the proven durability of this setup.

The 6cyl I’m planning on ordering could very well be around 10-15 years from now, whereas hybrid batteries sometimes have a shortened lifespan.

My wife had a civic hybrid back in 2015 that had the hybrid battery fail at 59,000 miles. Thankfully still under warranty, but it would’ve been over $9,000 out of warranty.
I'm not sure how long it will last, but it probably has an eight year warranty or more on the battery. The Pacifica PHEV has a 10 year

Last edited:

StanleyCup99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler wannabe
So I stopped by my dealer earlier today to chat about the pricing. Figured I'd share some details.

"Well-equipped" Sahara 4XE starting at MSRP 47,995
What does that mean?
just what others have posted. the 20" wheels, leather trimmed bucket seats, LED grp, the 8.4" display with Alpine system, the 2.72:1 selec trac, the Dana 44HD axles. The dealer showed me how he couldnt even select any of these options to add since they were already included. So thats confirmed. I dont recall what top it comes with but its not a body color hard top! (I would guess a black hard top)

Then there's the Sahara Altitude 4XE, which Im looking at carefully b/c it has more options that interest me such as the body color hard top, the safety group, remote start, and remote keyless entry already included in the package. At this time (maybe this will change later!), the Sahara Altitude 4XE is avail only in crystal granite, black, white, and billet silver.

But we don't have a price on the Sahara Altitude 4XE, so Im not sure how much over the Sahara 4XE 47,995 the Sahara Altitude 4XE will go.

And while they said they could go a few K's below invoice on a wrangler, they said they will not do so on the 4XE's now and are looking for MSRP....little nutty in my opinion!

Bren

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Granite Crystal Rubicon 4XE
No for the federal. You get it back at tax time.
It may be instant if you lease it. In that scenario Jeep is the one taking the credit, not the leasee. Most automakers pass it through. It’s how I leased multiple BMW i3’s for ~$100/mo.

Sponsored

Bren

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Granite Crystal Rubicon 4XE
No. My understanding is It simply lowers your tax liability by $7500, but cannot lower it to < $0. For anyone that pays more than $7500/year in taxes (probably everyone that can afford a 4XE), it’s a free $7500 from the government.
This is correct. Should be noted though that if you lease it, Jeep takes the tax credit. They should pass it through as instant savings (most automakers do) but I guess we’ll see what they think they can get away with.

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Totally wild guess here: The electric motor will be fine. The most likely thing to fail is the circuitry between the battery and the motor. If that happens, your gas engine probably won't work either. In fact, I'd guess the electric motor is going to be more reliable than the gas motor.

Either way, probably less trouble than the 3.6's dual battery ESS lol.

Spartan99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKUX
I’d leave this kind of tech to the Japanese. Fiat and Chrysler?!?! I wouldn’t touch this with a 10 foot pole. Even the more basic JL’s have statistically the worst reliability scores of any Wrangler to date. Lol this will definitely help cement that accomplishment.

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineering project manager
Tax credits are subtracted directly from a person’s tax liability; they therefore reduce taxes dollar for dollar. Credits have the same value for everyone who can claim their full value.

Most tax credits are nonrefundable; that is, they cannot reduce a filer's tax liability below zero. As a result, low-income filers often cannot receive the full benefit of the credits for which they qualify. For example, the child and dependent care credit is nonrefundable, so a married couple with income under $24,800 in 2020 would not be able to use the credit because they have no income tax liability.

EV Tax credits are non refundable
https://www.taxpolicycenter.org/bri...credits-and-how-do-they-differ-tax-deductions
Sponsored