Sponsored

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
tesla has been put on notice that chrysler will not be whored anymore for their damn fuel economy credits!

visited my dealer today, they have a 392 , 4xe Rubicon and TREX on order, will have to check them out when they come in.

N875ED

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Anniversary
Remember...FCA is under big pressure to boost their CAFE score. Thatā€™s why the 2.0T is now cheaper than the Pentastar.

Sounds like the 4xE will be sold at a lower profit margin to achieve this.

dwosgood

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2000 TJ
The pricing seems too good to be true. May have to trade in my JT on one of these so I can avoid having to buy a ā€œcommuter carā€. Just bought a house so now I have a 50 mile round trip and the JT on 35s is only getting me around 17mpg on average.

Sponsored

Deleted member 59098

Thatā€™s a good deal with the tax credit. Iā€™d definitely give it a couple years for FCA to iron out the problems before buying one.

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
so does this pricing for launch edition include the options as standard in the price?
if the options are included , then this a good deal. Would consider one and get 8500 kick back from Feds and state to thumb my nose at the greenies just for the kick back.

Sahara, 47995 +1495 shipping, base Sahara is 39505 msrp
Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe Launch Edition:

• 20-inch wheels
  • Leather-trimmed bucket seats
  • LED Lighting Group
  • UconnectĀ® 4C NAV with 8.4-inch display
  • Nine speaker AlpineĀ® audio system with subwoofer and a 552-watt, 12-channel amplifier
  • 2.72:1 Selec-TracĀ® Full-Time 4WD System
  • Dana 44 HD wide axles

Rubicon: 51695 +1495, base rubicon 42390 msrp

Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe Launch Edition:

• LED Lighting Group
  • UconnectĀ® 4C NAV with 8.4-inch display
  • Nine speaker AlpineĀ® audio system with subwoofer and a 552-watt, 12-channel amplifier
  • 4:1 Rock-TracĀ® Heavy-Duty Full-Time 4WD System
You can confirm this by looking at the December dealer order guide:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/attachments/4-door-12-4-20-pdf.401774/

I took a look at the hybrid Rubicon in the dealer guide and the ā€œstandardā€ features on the last few pages of the guide look to line up with what youā€™ve listed here as the included options in the Launch edition.

I was looking to see how it was different to the regular Rubicon and noted the full time 4WD system.

So whatā€™s the potential downside that people may think of (ie for traditional Jeep owners that may have a regular Rubicon and may try to shoot this down) - the full time 4WD system and that this has more electrical parts that can wrong, back seats donā€™t lay down flat? Any other differences?

Im asking as there are a number of benefits with the $7500 tax credit and a s179 deduction for business owners (weighing in at 6400lbs) - oh and the fact itā€™s better for the environment šŸ˜‰

Deleted member 59098

You can confirm this by looking at the December dealer order guide:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/attachments/4-door-12-4-20-pdf.401774/

I took a look at the hybrid Rubicon in the dealer guide and the ā€œstandardā€ features on the last few pages of the guide look to line up with what youā€™ve listed here as the included options in the Launch edition.

I was looking to see how it was different to the regular Rubicon and noted the full time 4WD system.

So whatā€™s the potential downside that people may think of (ie for traditional Jeep owners that may have a regular Rubicon and may try to shoot this down) - the full time 4WD system and that this has more electrical parts that can wrong, back seats donā€™t lay down flat? Any other differences?

Im asking as there are a number of benefits with the $7500 tax credit and a s179 deduction for business owners (weighing in at 6400lbs) - oh and the fact itā€™s better for the environment šŸ˜‰
Jeep/Chrysler/Fiat and electrical systems are not exactly famous for stoutness. This thing seems way more involved with various electronics than a regular JL.

cmb

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon, 2020 Toyota Tacoma
This is a much better price than I was anticipating. Have a Bronco reservation to replace my 4 door vehicle but with that messy roll out so far and this pricing on the 4xe may be changing those plans.

Sponsored

hazards280

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' JLUR 392 - Sarge Green
I heard from who has been a reliable source for me at FCA that they need to sell the 4Xe at a rate of ~3-4:1 to the 392 Rubicon to not lower the average fuel economy for the Wrangler family. I'm assuming this aggressive pricing is in place to help achieve that.

This could be incorrect, but I figured I'd share with the group.

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4Xe, 2.5" lift, 17" wheels, 37" tires

beaups

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
Only if you were to owe $7500 at tax time. If you usually get a return or break even then there is no benefit.

https://cars.usnews.com/cars-trucks/how-does-the-electric-car-tax-credit-work
That is incorrect. The credit cannot exceed your tax liability for the year but has nothing to do with what you owe or are due on April 15th. If you paid $7500 in taxes throughout the year (e.g. paycheck withholdings) and that happened to be your exact tax obligation for the year, you would receive a $7500 tax refund.

Category5Bronado

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
That is incorrect. The credit cannot exceed your tax liability for the year but has nothing to do with what you owe or are due on April 15th. If you paid $7500 in taxes throughout the year (e.g. paycheck withholdings) and that happened to be your exact tax obligation for the year, you would receive a $7500 tax refund.
I thought it only lowered your taxable income by 7500?
Sponsored