Price to order Sport S vs Altitude

JL20

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport Altitude
In the process of ordering my first JLU. Pricing out my options right now on Jeep.com before I request a build quote from a dealer. Basically I only want/need: Sport S, black paint, V6 auto and convenience package for the auto start.

When I price these exact options out on Jeep.com the Sport Altitude only comes out to be $500 more vs. the regular Sport S, does this sound correct?

According to Jeep.com it appears this is because the Altitude comes standard with hardtop, I guess I was just expecting the Altitude price out closer to $1000-1500. Since my only gripe with the Sport 'S' was the silver rims, buying an Altitude that comes standard with black rims for only $500 more solves my immediate aesthetic concern, at least for right now until I have more time and money to upgrade into a mudder.

Any help is appreciated!
Sponsored

Last edited:

agarber5687

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLU Sport Altitude, '18 Chrysler Pacifica
I found the same thing when pricing out my build. My pricing came out ~$600 more for added aesthetics I liked, the hardtop headliner that I wanted but would have added later, and upgraded brakes and suspension.

It was well worth it to me. Ordered my JLU Sport Altitude 3 weeks ago.

Last edited:
OP
OP
JL20

JL20

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport Altitude
I found the same thing when pricing out my build. My pricing came out ~$600 more for added aesthetics I liked, the hardtop headliner that I wanted but would have added later, and upgraded brakes and suspension.

It was well worth it to me. Ordered my JLU Sport Altitude 3 weeks ago.
This is great to hear. Are you able to confirm that the hardtop was standard on the Altitude? Also, were there any unexpected packages that you were required to place an order for an altitude? Thanks again.

agarber5687

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLU Sport Altitude, '18 Chrysler Pacifica
This is great to hear. Are you able to confirm that the hardtop was standard on the Altitude? Also, were there any unexpected packages that you were required to place an order for an altitude? Thanks again.
Yes, the altitude package includes the hard top with mopar headliner added. I added the dual top option to add a soft top as well for the summers.

The Sport Altitude is a black hardtop while the Sahara Altitude is body color matched hard top.

Both Sport and Sahara Altitudes include the same interior black accents on the dash/steering wheel and the black inserts on the grille.

The only package I was forced to include is actually the one you want, but it had nothing to do with the Altitude. I wanted the cold weather group and that requires you to add the convenience group.
Sponsored