Price range of lift for Sport S

ForeOSU

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray JLU
I’m a ways off from wanting to do it, but how much should I expect to budget for a lift and 35” tires?

I’m completely stock right now. Part of me says spend ~$1,000 and get Rubi takeoffs and be done with it. The other part of me says save it and wait for a full lift and tires package. That being said, how much does it cost? I come from the muscle car arena so I have no baseline for what anything “4x4” costs.

My plans for the Jeep are mostly on road with a couple trail excursions per year. No serious rock crawling. Looking for it to still be highway drivable as I have a 25-mile one-way commute for work.

Thanks!
Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
I’m a ways off from wanting to do it, but how much should I expect to budget for a lift and 35” tires?

I’m completely stock right now. Part of me says spend ~$1,000 and get Rubi takeoffs and be done with it. The other part of me says save it and wait for a full lift and tires package. That being said, how much does it cost? I come from the muscle car arena so I have no baseline for what anything “4x4” costs.

My plans for the Jeep are mostly on road with a couple trail excursions per year. No serious rock crawling. Looking for it to still be highway drivable as I have a 25-mile one-way commute for work.

Thanks!
Rubicon takeoffs will only cost $200 or less, and you could then run 315/70/17s (almost a 35). If you can DIY the install you will save a bunch. I would also get the longer Mopar lift LCAs to keep your caster proper. Here's my install thread on both
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/rubicon-suspension-on-2-door-sport.40700/

Hattrick017

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU
My sport was $1500 for Mopar 2" (more like 2.5-3") lift self-installed. And budgeting for $300 per tire when I go to 35s, but going to be getting Rubicon take off wheels and tires (33s) for hopefully $1000 or less in the mean time.

If you're going to self-install you should make sure that the take-offs are what you want. Its going to take the same amount of labor for the 1-1.5" you get from the take-offs as it would to install a 3" lift. I would not want to have to do second install in my garage. It was a pain in the butt for me.

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
In the end it's your money and YOU are the one that has to be satisfied. There are folks here that have simple spacer lifts and they are happy. There are also folks here that have several thousand in their lift and still want the Ultimate Coil Over System. I would suggest you research these and other forums, and compare shop. I have had AEV and Mopar on JK's, on this JL I ordered a Clayton. I did the research and decided what was best for ME. Decide your goal and your budget and go from there.

SmoothJeepOperator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Wrangler Sport
One can go as cheap as a spacer lift for 200 bucks up to 7k for coil overs. Given that you will primarily be on road in guess something like the dynotrac 2 inch lift would be fine or even the mopar lift. So you are talking around 1300?
Then install.... I just called about getting a lift installed to see what it might run. Dude at 4 wheel parts said 1000 bucks. I said thanks and quickly decided that when I up grade my suspension I'll be installing it myself. So let's say 1000 to install.
Then tires... On average let's say 300 each, if you get 5 we are talking 1500 bucks.
So you are at 3,800
But what about wheels? If you get a 35 x 12.5 it is not recommend to run on stock wheels so you may need some new wheels too. That's probably another 1500 for 5.
Then wheels and tires installed and balanced. Maybe an alignment.
Just call it 4,500 to 5,000 bucks.

Installing your own life saved you quite a bit.

Sponsored

Tolb86

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler sport
I’m in the same boat as you. Stock JLU sport and want to lift it as well. Called a few dealers and was able to get the Mopar lift for $1250 and they will charge another $550 for installation. This is the cheapest I’ve found the Mopar lift. if you look on the Jeep website/app I found a 15% off coupons for parts. That’s how I got it down to that price.

Stuckinthesand

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
I have the RC 2.5” budget boost with shocks on black rhino wheels and Toyo open country tires. All in at $3000. No issues as my daily or wheeling it. I do rock crawling as well. Nothing above a blue though.

Jeep Wrangler JL Price range of lift for Sport S F024DDE8-DB6A-44D3-B0A6-281E4A3C0530

Last edited:

The Fixer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JLS, 2018 Firecracker JLUSS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
Rubicon takeoffs will only cost $200 or less, and you could then run 315/70/17s (almost a 35). If you can DIY the install you will save a bunch.
My JL wound up 2.5" taller than stock when I swapped in the Rubicon suspension and 33's. I did the install with my son and total cost was under $1400 for all parts (wheels/tires/springs/shocks). You could get Rubicon flares and run 35's, but I have no idea what that size will feel like with stock gears. The 33's are not bad.

Stuckinthesand

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
My JL wound up 2.5" taller than stock when I swapped in the Rubicon suspension and 33's. I did the install with my son and total cost was under $1400 for all parts (wheels/tires/springs/shocks). You could get Rubicon flares and run 35's, but I have no idea what that size will feel like with stock gears. The 33's are not bad.
You lose 8th gear somewhat. I can hit 8th as long as it’s flat which in NJ is most of the state. Any incline it’ll drop to 7th. I still get 18-19mpg combined.

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grand Cherokee / 2021 Wrangler Sport S
Anyone rockin’ a Sport S with a 3.5” lift and 35’s? Would 37’s look better?

Got my 2021 on order and I’m looking at kits, tires, rims now.
Thanks in advance :like:

Sponsored

Clayton Off Road

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
We have a couple of different options for lifts depending on what you plan on using your vehicle for! Our most popular option is our Overland+ kit, which uses 100% maintenance free Giiro bushings at each end of the 8 control arms that help to soak up road noise and vibrations for comfortable on road driving, while providing all the flex you need for your off road adventures. This is sort of our perfect daily driver/weekend warrior style kit!

https://www.claytonoffroad.com/product/jeep-wrangler-25-overland-lift-kit-2018-jl

We also sell an entry level version of this kit, which uses all of the same components including the Giiro joints, but instead of getting all 8 control arms you're getting front upper arms only. This is so that you can perfectly adjust and dial in your caster angle for the best steering and handling feel possible, as these kits are geared more for somebody just looking to fit a larger set of wheels and tires while maintaining ride quality, and primarily plans on using the vehicle as a daily driver. these kits are fully upgradeable to the full Overland+ kit in the future as well!

https://www.claytonoffroad.com/product/jeep-wrangler-25-entry-level-lift-kit-4dr-2018-jl

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Honestly if you are staying on-road and you just want the look I would get a cheap spacer lift. Then you are just at around $1,500 for the spacer lift and tires. To do it "right" you are looking at $3,000+.

Keep in mind there is a performance impact as well. I have Rubicon tires/suspension on my Sport S and it is noticeable from stock. 35s and a lift will have more impact. To fix that you may want a re-gear which is additional cost.

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grand Cherokee / 2021 Wrangler Sport S
Honestly if you are staying on-road and you just want the look I would get a cheap spacer lift. Then you are just at around $1,500 for the spacer lift and tires. To do it "right" you are looking at $3,000+.

Keep in mind there is a performance impact as well. I have Rubicon tires/suspension on my Sport S and it is noticeable from stock. 35s and a lift will have more impact. To fix that you may want a re-gear which is additional cost.
It’s not just for look. I want the ability to be comfortable on trails as well as street. However, I’ll be on the street more and this isn’t my daily driver. If you were doing spacer lift, what would you go with?
Sponsored

Last edited: