I went for a hike

JABCAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GC High Altitude 4x4, '22 JLU on order
Occupation
College Professor
So far I've heard Gupton is honoring price. Something to note is apparently Chapman didn't require deposits at all. I will have to assume a non-refundable deposit on an order with one price has some legal legs if the dealer doesn't honor it...regardless of the POC fineprint. It's just bad business and greed
Nearly all deposits are refundable, regardless of what the dealership states. The dealership would have to prove that you backing out of the order somehow harmed them financially. Unless you ordered a Tuscadero Jeep with tan top, orange wheels, yellow seatbelts, and green interior, they'll be able to sell your order very quickly in this market. Therefore they are not harmed financially and would have to refund your deposit.
Sponsored

Bhodi11

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392XR
I will reserve judgment on Chapman until I see my window sticker which is due any day now. Currently in JB status.

Newbalewb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Wrangler X
Do we know what the price increases are across the various trim levels? I think I saw the 392 is an extra $3k but not sure about others.

tampahoosier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD and 2005 TJ
Here is the phone number to call for the Stellantis Incentives - They can also help explain the Sold Order Protection part when it comes to checking the box in order to lock in your price. For all of you dealing with Chapman, I suggest you call the number then call Chapman and give them the number:
1-800-227-0757

Newbalewb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Wrangler X
Here is the phone number to call for the Stellantis Incentives - They can also help explain the Sold Order Protection part when it comes to checking the box in order to lock in your price. For all of you dealing with Chapman, I suggest you call the number then call Chapman and give them the number:
1-800-227-0757
Wouldn't it be too late if Chapman never clicked that box to begin with?

Sponsored

TYREMAN

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
I would hope, since I received my actual Window Sticker on Jan 17th...and it reflects the prices I was quoted back in October, that my deal will stand. The dealer had advised they received a ship date of Jan 14th and, the following week called and advised that a ETA was issued by Jeep for between Jan 20th and Feb 1st....Fingers crossed !

Newbalewb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Wrangler X
This could be done at the point of sale.
Yeah I’m just saying I don’t think Chapman can price protect it now. They’d have to eat the costs themselves.

t.i.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler buying soon
Yeah I’m just saying I don’t think Chapman can price protect it now. They’d have to eat the costs themselves.
When they setup the order for sale i.e. when the customer is coming to pick the vehicle up and doing the paperwork, the dealer has the option in their system to price protect.
Kent did for us when we picked it up last year.

Sponsored

Newbalewb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Wrangler X
When they setup the order for sale i.e. when the customer is coming to pick the vehicle up and doing the paperwork, the dealer has the option in their system to price protect.
Kent did for us when we picked it up last year.
Ah ok, didn’t realize it worked like that.

sparky321977

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe. ordered 2022 4xe rubi and 2022 Wildtrak
So i heard from Tom at Chapman and as i thought he remedied the situation. As i have stated in many forums to include the Bronco one with as Tom has a Chapman Ford dealership too, Tom and Chapman have always taken great care of me and that is why i buy cars from them when I live in SATX. Tom said " Every order after around the 1st week of December we actually place a disclaimer about pricing…it’s actually the only disclaimer we use…everyone b4 that he will honor the POC". Considering I think that is very fair and I am happy to hear it and will continue to recommend Chapman to people and keep my 3 orders I have waiting there. Since I started with Tom on my Bronco reservation in July of 2020 he has done what he has said so that's my decision making, but I know people have to make their own decisions.

ECP

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD
I ordered from Leon at Criswell and they offered price protection at the time. Saved me a few hundred from the 2021 price increases (order December 2020). I HIGHLY recommend Criswell if you're on the east coast. I called the other dealer nearby and felt like I was a burden, where Leon treated me like a VIP!
When I picked up my Jeep from Leon at Criswell, the price went up. He pointed out the fine print on the document and said I signed it and there was nothing they could do. It was only a couple hundred, but still.....

So even with the same dealer, you may get a different answer...

trdt44

First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Power Wagon, '22 Sarge Green JLR
Fwiw, I found some different information on the rules for price protection versus incentive protection. The info is a year and half old, so it may be different now. Sounds the like the box that is checked is for incentives. For price changes before the order was invoiced the dealer must submit a claim.

"Price Protection
Price Protection is available on sold orders to protect the customer from price increases
which occur between the vehicle order date and the KZ (invoice) date. A claim for Price
Protection must meet the following criteria:

The sale must be documented by a signed and dated buyer’s order which details
the agreed upon selling price at the time of order and secured by a customer’s
deposit with receipts at time of order. Dealer must print and retain the Order
Confirmation
ď‚·Ordered new for immediate production, or selected from dealer stock orders not
yet invoiced, and delivered to the original customer
ď‚·Must be delivered within 14 days of the date the vehicle is received at the
dealership (KZX date)
ď‚·Must be delivered to the customer whose name is on the factory order and
subsequent factory invoice at the documented agreed upon price at time of
order

You must claim Price Protection by inserting the price protection program number on
the Exception Claim Entry Screen when reporting the sale. Program numbers are in the
Pricing Announcements and stored in DealerCONNECT on COMDASH which has replaced
eFiles.

Price Protection claims are made via “DealerCONNECT > Sales > Incentives
Claims Processing > Incentive Claim Entry > Exception Claim Entry” "

vasdimpop

First Name
Vasil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY22 JLUR (being built)
I'm checking with Kent at Peterson to see if the price from my order on 11/11 is protected.
Sponsored