Sponsored

I went for a hike

Deleted member 59498

Not sure if it means anything but my window sticker (awaiting delivery and ordered Oct 31) exactly matches the MSRP that I was quoted at the time of "purchase".
Mine also it shipped right before I suppose.
Sponsored

dcm80401

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 4xe / 2023 JLUR 4xe
That is absolute crock of shit.
All the dealer has to do is ā€œsold order protectionā€ when they process your sale.
Dealer doesnā€™t get reimbursed. The sale is executed at the price on the date of order.
Exactly, was told by dealer today that my price is protected. Ordered 10/8 VIN 100788. They are not expecting it until end of February. Fully loaded Rubicon 4xe.

BLU392

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392xr
Spoke to Tom at Chapman today. He mentioned that he won't know what the price is for the Jeep ordered before January 17 until it's built and invoiced by Stellantis. Any type of protection requires rebates from Stellantis and it's not a risk they're willing to take based on prior experience. Maybe there is a chance Stellantis invoices those orders placed before Jan 17 with the old MSRP. Is that wishful thinking?

Sucks for people about to pick up orders. Iā€™m still a couple months out so I can make other plans. If there was an option to price protect I would have liked to known about it upfront. But what I think I hear you saying is Chapman doesnā€™t ever price protect because they canā€™t trust Stellantis to pay the rebate. Thatā€™s crazy on a couple levels and makes me question doing business with either of them.

The way I see it my options are to eat the additional cost or walk away. I hate the idea of Chapman ending up with a bunch of Jeepā€™s they can sell at MSRP but I donā€™t have any skin in the game and really could give a $hit either way. Iā€˜ve got a 21 Gladiator Mojave to play with.

GoSaints

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee
When I ordered my 392 from Mark Dodge I was told I was price protected as long as I didnā€™t modify the order after submission.

Sponsored

Blanco802

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Sucks for people about to pick up orders. Iā€™m still a couple months out so I can make other plans. If there was an option to price protect I would have liked to known about it upfront. But what I think I hear you saying is Chapman doesnā€™t ever price protect because they canā€™t trust Stellantis to pay the rebate. Thatā€™s crazy on a couple levels and makes me question doing business with either of them.

The way I see it my options are to eat the additional cost or walk away. I hate the idea of Chapman ending up with a bunch of Jeepā€™s they can sell at MSRP but I donā€™t have any skin in the game and really could give a $hit either way. Iā€˜ve got a 21 Gladiator Mojave to play with.
Interestingly enough, Tom mentioned he can price protect Ford orders. While it's possible the invoice generated from Stellantis will have the price that was in effect at the time of order, I'm inclined to think that won't be the case.

Tom also disclosed at the time of order that they'll honor discount based on the invoice charged. He mentioned there was no way to influence what Stellantis charges (price protection). All he can do to honor the price at the time of order is submit for a rebate to Stellantis and he mentioned they haven't been paying.

tampahoosier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD and 2005 TJ
Every time I read these types on things on here I get so angry. EVERY dealership should do price protection on sold orders. Simply not doing so means they literally wanted to F**k you over. There is zero reason for them not to other than to screw your into purchasing a more expensive vehicle. All they need to do is select the ā€œSold Order Protectionā€ check box when they are creating the build. Itā€™s a money grab.

Iā€™ve also noticed dealerships not doing it so they can add a market adjusted value on it. They then tell you ā€œprice went up, pay it or weā€™ll sell it right away to the next person.ā€ You should be furious with your dealership. If they did this I would demand my deposit back and go to a different dealer. Price is already up so not like youā€™re losing extra money any how.

if youā€™re not mad enough yet. Hereā€™s another reason to be. If there are incentives or rebates available at the time of build submission, selecting that box guarantees you get them even if they are gone when you take delivery (which will happen 95% of the time). So by not selecting it you lose the discounts JEEP is offering you.

EVERYONE of you thatā€™s being told youā€™re out of luck should be raising hell with them. Below is a screenshot of the box they need/should be selecting. Just in case they play dumb with youā€¦

Jeep Wrangler JL I went for a hike 7CC7E6C2-A419-46EA-A1BE-B822A9C5063F

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
Iā€™m usually one bitching about the Jeep dealer networkā€¦ but if Stellantis canā€™t build them at the price they sell them, then they should stop taking orders. Greed at the expense of client experience is the only reason this is happening.

tampahoosier

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTRD and 2005 TJ
Interestingly enough, Tom mentioned he can price protect Ford orders. While it's possible the invoice generated from Stellantis will have the price that was in effect at the time of order, I'm inclined to think that won't be the case.

Tom also disclosed at the time of order that they'll honor discount based on the invoice charged. He mentioned there was no way to influence what Stellantis charges (price protection). All he can do to honor the price at the time of order is submit for a rebate to Stellantis and he mentioned they haven't been paying.
Donā€™t be confused, the dealership isnā€™t doing you any favors. All they do is select the check box I just mentioned. That locks the price in with Jeep. The invoice and sticker will reflect the build sheet pricing. As a matter of fact, if the dealership refuses to select the sold order protection box and you lost rebates as a result Stellantis will open a case against the dealership. If the dealership refuses they are dinged and Stellantis cuts you a check for the lost rebates after you take delivery.
Stellantis support was annoyed and suggested that the dealerships are aware of this. They said if they honestly donā€™t know how to do this, their JOB, then tell them to call and they will train them.

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
. All they need to do is select the ā€œSold Order Protectionā€ check box when they are creating the build. Itā€™s a money grab.
So your saying the dealership can lock the order price in at no financial cost to them or delay in the order being built?

Sponsored

mllcb42

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe HA, 392XR
Donā€™t be confused, the dealership isnā€™t doing you any favors. All they do is select the check box I just mentioned. That locks the price in with Jeep. The invoice and sticker will reflect the build sheet pricing. As a matter of fact, if the dealership refuses to select the sold order protection box and you lost rebates as a result Stellantis will open a case against the dealership. If the dealership refuses they are dinged and Stellantis cuts you a check for the lost rebates after you take delivery.
Stellantis support was annoyed and suggested that the dealerships are aware of this. They said if they honestly donā€™t know how to do this, their JOB, then tell them to call and they will train them.
Going off of what Chapman has posted previously, it seems they're saying that they have followed the proper steps and that stellantis hasn't honored the pricing (specifically on the L2 packages on the trx) so they're choosing to not go down that road at all because they don't want to be holding the bag.

John VonJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
If my experience is any guide, you are correct. The price of my rig increased twice after I ordered and the NEW price is what was shown on the invoice and sticker.

However, Gupton honored the original price, no questions asked.

BLU392

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392xr
Going off of what Chapman has posted previously, it seems they're saying that they have followed the proper steps and that stellantis hasn't honored the pricing (specifically on the L2 packages on the trx) so they're choosing to not go down that road at all because they don't want to be holding the bag.
okay but if they are checking that box and they get that rebate will they mail me a check? šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£šŸ¤¬

t.i.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler buying soon
Wasnā€™t it also Chapman that claimed they canā€™t do affiliate because they got audited and FCA back charges them $250k. While most of the dealers I have spoken to and/or read about are willing to do affiliate.
I smell something fishy with these guys.
Sponsored