I went for a hike

tavani21

First Name
Willy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Willys
With the recent January 17th price hikes on 2022 models, which dealers are offering price protection on factory orders?
Sponsored

John VonJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
I will assume many people with orders are contacting their dealers this week since the price hike was substantial. I did (Chapman, PA) and was told no price protection even though I ordered it in December. So there is one, Chapman.
Right on. FWIW, I ordered from Gupton and they honored the original price, despite two increases between order and delivery.

John VonJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
When did you order/receive? Chapman is stating that Stellantis is not reimbursing dealers anymore for price hikes (between order and delivery) but FCA did. That is their reason for not price protecting.
Yeah, sorry. I ordered in July and received in November, so it’s very possible the policy has changed. Terrible decision by Jeep, if true.

t.i.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler buying soon
When did you order/receive? Chapman is stating that Stellantis is not reimbursing dealers anymore for price hikes (between order and delivery) but FCA did. That is their reason for not price protecting.
That is absolute crock of shit.
All the dealer has to do is “sold order protection” when they process your sale.
Dealer doesn’t get reimbursed. The sale is executed at the price on the date of order.

Sponsored

WannFly

First Name
Priyo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4Xe - ordered, 2019 RAM 1500
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber security
That is absolute crock of shit.
All the dealer has to do is “sold order protection” when they process your sale.
Dealer doesn’t get reimbursed. The sale is executed at the price on the date of order.
while that is true, some lawyer wrote this in the POC document that one gets

Jeep Wrangler JL I went for a hike 1642536636287

mllcb42

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe HA, 392XR
Chapman has came out before and said that they had an issue with a bunch of TRX orders where Stellantis refused to honor the sold order price and left them holding the bag.

WannFly

First Name
Priyo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4Xe - ordered, 2019 RAM 1500
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber security
Yup...Chapman's (PA) POC states that...and so does Gupton and Koons. Interesting to see what people that purchased from those dealers see happen as well.
I will find out soon enough, my 21 build is still not delivered. the window sticker shows a diff price than the POC

t.i.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler buying soon
while that is true, some lawyer wrote this in the POC document that one gets

Jeep Wrangler JL I went for a hike 1642536636287
I shared because someone had mentioned it was FCA’s rule.
It’s the dealership who’s not letting you sold order protect it not FCA.
I

Overland Utah

First Name
Caden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Dealers have been having issues getting Stellantis to price protect/reimburse their dealer for the TRX orders. Because of this, many have stated that they are not offering price protection and that is up to each dealer at that point. Typically what you will see is dealers that are ordering for volume/little to no profit will not want to take the risk of price protecting an order in the event that Stellantis doesn't reimburse them.

Sponsored

Overland Utah

First Name
Caden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Possibly! And then, when prices increase, those that chose a volume dealer with a great price realize that it is a regular price because not price protected.
Yes, but you are likely going to get a better deal regardless. A dealer isn't going to offer to price protect an order themselves unless they feel comfortable that they have enough profit in the deal which would have to be above invoice.

cgagnon99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
I ordered from Leon at Criswell and they offered price protection at the time. Saved me a few hundred from the 2021 price increases (order December 2020). I HIGHLY recommend Criswell if you're on the east coast. I called the other dealer nearby and felt like I was a burden, where Leon treated me like a VIP!

ras815

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe
A dealer isn't going to offer to price protect an order themselves unless they feel comfortable that they have enough profit in the deal which would have to be above invoice.
There are plenty of dealers who are offering price protection on orders well below invoice.

The odd one out here seems to be Chapman, who hasn't really given a clear reason why Stellantis has somehow singled them out when it comes to not matching the invoice price from original POCs.

I find it hard to believe that all of these other dealers are simply going to risk eating the difference by offering POC through these $2k+ price bumps.

Somebody isn't telling the full story here...

Overland Utah

First Name
Caden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
There are plenty of dealers who are offering price protection on orders well below invoice.

The odd one out here seems to be Chapman, who hasn't really given a clear reason why Stellantis has somehow singled them out when it comes to not matching the invoice price from original POCs.

I find it hard to believe that all of these other dealers are simply going to risk eating the difference by offering POC through these $2k+ price bumps.

Somebody isn't telling the full story here...
I might have been mistaken on the price protection, but it seems that Chapman has had experience with not being reimbursed for protection on TRX orders. There is more to the story though.

For instance they also mention ordering a wrangler and 392 wrangler if you are on a time crunch, which is against Stellantis updated ordering guidelines. If you order a sold vehicle and the name it was sold too doesn't match the order, stellantis can restrict your allocation and shut off sold orders by placing you on a probationary period where your local rep has to authenticate and approve all sold orders.

BLU392

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392xr
Chapman has came out before and said that they had an issue with a bunch of TRX orders where Stellantis refused to honor the sold order price and left them holding the bag.
‘this was their “reason” for not accepting the Affiliate Rewards, starting to smell like BS coming from Chapman.
Sponsored