I went for a hike

vasdimpop

First Name
Vasil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY22 JLUR (being built)
I'm checking with Kent at Peterson to see if the price from my order on 11/11 is protected.
Kent at Peterson just verified that pricing is locked in at time of order and he's even honoring the additional 1% tread lightly that was just re-released. Very happy with these guys so far.
Sponsored

nolz7

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Willys (On Order)
Contacted my Dealer (Gupton) on a 2022 Unlimited Willys ordered on 1/14/22. They said "You should no affect of a price increase since the order was submitted sold before the most recent price increase!"

JABCAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GC High Altitude 4x4, '22 JLU on order
Occupation
College Professor
FWIW - I reached out to my dealer regarding price protection. The sales manager I am dealing with was out but I contacted another sales manager. He responded that the order we placed in November is price protected. We didn't put down a deposit when we placed our order.

nolz7

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Willys (On Order)
So basically it is only Chapman not price protecting? Every other post is stating that their dealer is honoring the price given at order except for Chapman!
NOTE: I did pay a $1,000 non-refundable deposit on my order thru Gupton.

Sponsored

sparky321977

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe. ordered 2022 4xe rubi and 2022 Wildtrak
So basically it is only Chapman not price protecting? Every other post is stating that their dealer is honoring the price given at order except for Chapman!
not true they are price protecting orders placed up until they added teh disclaimer the first week of December which is fair.

KAB96F

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon XR
Occupation
Structural Engineer
Anyone know what KOONS is doing? I still cannot imagine anyone raising the price after you agreed on a build and price, and paid a non-refundable deposit. 🤔

dahacker

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TSX, RDX, 97 Miata, 22 JLUS
Today's response from Koons regarding my December 17th order and the new price increases:

"Once I have a signed, invoice, buyers order, deposit and the order is placed, the pricing is locked in."

I'm glad this is so, because if it weren't, I'd call my $1000 deposit a loss, cancel my order, and nobody in my family would ever be buying a Jeep again. I just recovered from my wife's POS 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee from back then, and it was tough to decide to do this order in the first place.

jxh034

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 4xe
Anyone hear from Hawk? I ordered back in october and just got my sticker with the new higher price. I really dont want to drop another 2k.

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
Well, Koons and Gupton have that disclaimer as well but they are honoring their prices at the time of order.
Yep, that disclaimer has been around for at least three years on POCs from at least some dealers that price protect. After this I don't see how anyone could recommend Chapman without adding a serious qualification to their recommendation.

Sponsored

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
not true they are price protecting orders placed up until they added teh disclaimer the first week of December which is fair.
Everyone has that disclaimer on their POC. I had it on my order submitted in July and delivered in Sept 21. My window sticker was approx $2k higher than my original order but they honored my original signed POC at Mall of Georgia. @sparky321977 - I'm glad your price is still being honored.

Attachments

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392 XR
I ordered a 392 from Granger on 10/14, $6K under MSRP. Emailed them today and they ARE doing price protection:

“The price that you signed for is the price you are protected at.”
Just to echo what you stated, I heard the same thing from my salesperson at Granger. I also confirmed the same today via email. Order placed 1/10/2022 for a 392.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
FYI. This was just posted on FB group. This was the official notification sent to dealers.

Jeep Wrangler JL I went for a hike 38234872-4E3F-497C-9FCE-2E014086A230

dealerinsider

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.chapmannewcars.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford, Chevy, Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, & Ram
Wow!!!! I look forward to @dealerinsider explaining this after he said numerous times that he was not getting reimbursed!!!!!! Could it be that he offers 5% off invoice to get deals knowing that prices will increase and those increases will be pocketed? I know he said he will honor sales up to December 1, but I would think ALL sales taken should be price protected based on the document just shown! I would hope he responds to this @dealerinsider
Wow!!!! I look forward to @dealerinsider explaining this after he said numerous times that he was not getting reimbursed!!!!!! Could it be that he offers 5% off invoice to get deals knowing that prices will increase and those increases will be pocketed? I know he said he will honor sales up to December 1, but I would think ALL sales taken should be price protected based on the document just shown! I would hope he responds to this @dealerinsider
That verbiage isn’t new…that’s been on every sheet about price protection since I can remember…we can’t add 4EA on an invoice…that’s a stellantis code…it’s not a checkable option…as you can see it states it needs to be claimed…my contention is stellantis has not been paying the claims…this is what I have said from jump

dealerinsider

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.chapmannewcars.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford, Chevy, Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, & Ram
That verbiage isn’t new…that’s been on every sheet about price protection since I can remember…we can’t add 4EA on an invoice…that’s a stellantis code…it’s not a checkable option…as you can see it states it needs to be claimed…my contention is stellantis has not been paying the claims…this is what I have said from jump
I also stated in another thread I would make the claim and if it gets paid reimburse the customer
Sponsored