Price Protection Dealer List

Carbonalpine

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘14 JKU; '22 JLUR XR
I figured with all the scattered information about the recent January 17th price hike and orders received before the hike, I'd start a thread to share our experiences. Currently it's my understanding Chapman isn't honoring prices before hikes, and to be fair I think they were up front about it when you order if you asked.

Post when you ordered and your dealers stance on the price you were quoted when you ordered. Also let us know if you gave a deposit and if your deposit was non-refundable.

I ordered from Lakeland Jeep Nov. 4

non-refundable deposit

no word back from dealer if they will honor the price before hike
(will update)
Sponsored

Last edited:

diesel2022

First Name
Barney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford 150
I figured with all the scattered information about the recent January 17th price hike and orders received before the hike, I'd start a thread to share our experiences. Currently it's my understanding Chapman isn't honoring prices before hikes, and to be fair I think they were up front about it when you order if you asked.

Post when you ordered and your dealers stance on the price you were quoted when you ordered. Also let us know if you gave a deposit and if your deposit was non-refundable.

I ordered from Lakeland Jeep

non-refundable deposit

(will update)
I also ordered from Lakeland order date October 17th it would be nice to know if they are going up on the price

BW20

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon, 2014 JK Sport
Occupation
Compliance Officer
I also ordered from Lakeland order date October 17th it would be nice to know if they are going up on the price
I just ordered from Lakeland on 1/16…hopefully the price remains the same.

OP
OP
Carbonalpine

Carbonalpine

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘14 JKU; '22 JLUR XR
Wow, didn't know so many of us ordered from there. I haven't been able to reach Mike, I guess if you guys hear back let me know. I mean he was very up front when I asked him if they required financing and if the price will change when I arrive and he said absolutely not, but I would like certainty seeing as how my deposit is non refundable and I've waiting over 2 months already.

Sponsored

BW20

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Compliance Officer
Wow, didn't know so many of us ordered from there. I haven't been able to reach Mike, I guess if you guys hear back let me know. I mean he was very up front when I asked him if they required financing and if the price will change when I arrive and he said absolutely not, but I would like certainty seeing as how my deposit is non refundable and I've waiting over 2 months already.
I sent Mike an email about something else have yet to hear back from him. He sounds like a busy dude. Please update us if you hear anything. This is a pretty substantial price increase.

JayDudya

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Porsche 911, 2022 JLUR
I ordered from Steve @ Jim Butler in Missouri on 12/8. I was told the agreed upon price at time of order would still be honored.​
I ordered from Steve too on 10/15. Glad to hear the agreed upon price will still be honored. When did he communicate that?

Sponsored

GatorWrangler

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLUR XR

I ordered from Lakeland Jeep Nov. 4

non-refundable deposit

(will update)
I just ordered from Lakeland on 1/16…hopefully the price remains the same.
I also ordered from Mike at Lakeland on 12/18. Great so far. Busy guy, yes. I have not reached out to him lately, but I did ask him in the discussions before signing if the following statements were true (all were). I also sent all of these statements in the email back with my signed papers (stating that this was my understanding) so I will be surprised if any are not true.
  1. If I was price protected if prices go up while waiting for my order? --> verbally, answer was yes
  2. If Affiliate Rewards came back for the Wrangler and in place when I take delivery, would I get the extra 1% off --> verbally, answer was yes
  3. If other incentives come in and still applicable when I pick up my Jeep ($cash from FCA Jeep Brands email, 0%/36mo financing, etc.) then those can be used on my purchase. --> verbally, answer was yes

OP
OP
Carbonalpine

Carbonalpine

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘14 JKU; '22 JLUR XR
I also ordered from Mike at Lakeland on 12/18. Great so far. Busy guy, yes. I have not reached out to him lately, but I did ask him in the discussions before signing if the following statements were true (all were). I also sent all of these statements in the email back with my signed papers (stating that this was my understanding) so I will be surprised if any are not true.
  1. If I was price protected if prices go up while waiting for my order? --> verbally, answer was yes
  2. If Affiliate Rewards came back for the Wrangler and in place when I take deliver, would I get the extra 1% off --> verbally, answer was yes
  3. If other incentives come in and still applicable when I pick up my Jeep ($cash from FCA Jeep Brands email, 0%/36mo financing, etc.) then those can be used. --> verbally, answer was yes

This is exactly what I asked him minus the incentives...good idea. Verbally everything was great as well, but now I'm curious. I don't think they will play those games, most dealers seem to be honoring the prices agreed upon.

On edge of my seat waiting to hear from Mike. And yes, he told me to get the tread lightly in case it becomes active again for the 2022's which will net me an additional 1% off. But I feel weird asking him if he will honor the price and then to reduce another 1% lol...even though it's not out of their pocket.

BW20

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Compliance Officer
  2. If Affiliate Rewards came back for the Wrangler and in place when I take delivery, would I get the extra 1% off --> verbally, answer was yes
  3. If other incentives come in and still applicable when I pick up my Jeep ($cash from FCA Jeep Brands email, 0%/36mo financing, etc.) then those can be used on my purchase. --> verbally, answer was yes
Thanks for this update. I received a response from Mike about correcting my address on the POC. He made the correction and sent me a new POC that included the VIN (the original only had VON). Unfortunately, the POC had the new, increased, pricing on it. I replied to his email asking about price protection and will update this thread once I hear back.
Sponsored