Price point for new Hybrid Jeep

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Anyone know what the price point is going to be for the new hybrid Jeep (Sport Se version)? Also will it still be a JL or will it be a J-somthing else....?
Sponsored

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
The only other hybrid FCA has can give you a hint, Pacifica. A plug-in Pacifica is about $10k-$15k above similar configured Pacifica, before the $7.5k tax credit. So after $7.5k, it is about $3~4k premium to get the plug-in power train.

OP
OP

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
The only other hybrid FCA has can give you a hint, Pacifica. A plug-in Pacifica is about $10k-$15k above similar configured Pacifica, before the $7.5k tax credit. So after $7.5k, it is about $3~4k premium to get the plug-in power train.
So you think it will be 3 or 4 k more than a regular/gas only wrangler, If true then not bad for increased HP and Gas mileage.

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
So you think it will be 3 or 4 k more than a regular/gas only wrangler, If true then not bad for increased HP and Gas mileage.
That is assuming you can take full advantage of tax credits.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Correct, the price premium on Pacifica PHEV was about +$15,000 before the tax credits.

Knowing how greedy FCA is, I doubt it will be anything less on Wrangler.

I haven’t been following how the tax credits are doing these days, but my understanding is that they are becoming increasingly harder to claim on vehicles that aren’t fully electric.

Sponsored

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Correct, the price premium on Pacifica PHEV was about +$15,000 before the tax credits.

Knowing how greedy FCA is, I doubt it will be anything less on Wrangler.

I haven’t been following how the tax credits are doing these days, but my understanding is that they are becoming increasingly harder to claim on vehicles that aren’t fully electric.
The tax credit rule has not exactly changed, FCA still get full $7.5k since they only have one model and it is not exactly selling.

Trump did not change the rule, I doubt he will change it have he been re-elected, or a potential Biden administration will do.

RubiTuesday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Correct, the price premium on Pacifica PHEV was about +$15,000 before the tax credits...
Uh? It's more like ~$6.5k before any tax incentive. See also

Jeep Wrangler JL Price point for new Hybrid Jeep Pac vs PacHy

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Uh? It's more like ~$6.5k before any tax incentive. See also

Pac vs PacHy.jpg
Well, that’s clearly down from where it was.

My cousin and her husband looked into buying a Pacifica PHEV a couple years ago. The prices turned them off completely. They ended buying a fully loaded Kia Sedona.

Pacifica hasn’t been selling all that well; the PHEV even less. FCA has been lowering the price to move them out.

I don’t see FCA launching JL PHEV with a fully discounted price. Only if they don’t sell, they will start lowering the price to more reasonable levels.
Sponsored