Luiscasta25

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifoglio
Hello Everyone;
looking to change wife vehicle after only 1 year of use. Wife really wants the Jeep now.
I was able to find a Wrangler 2018 Sahara with 10,000 miles for $40,000USD (trying to lower it little more)

I check the window sticker and the MSRP new was 50K.

Do you guys think is a good deal?

the other problem I'm finding is trading in my wife car is an Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifoglio; also dealers
don't know the value of it since there is no many out there or used out there.

took it to car max and they said they won't be able to sell and they would take it to the Auction.

it's considered exotic in their inventory; I laugh and I said you guys have Porsche Macan on Inventory; the sales person was rude and said well we can't help you.

Any idea where I can sell it?

Thank you so much.
Sponsored

The_Phew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GTI 6MT
At least you're learning a valuable lesson on auto depreciation, unfortunately being on the wrong end of it both ways (buying and selling).

If it's Italian and doesn't have a bull or prancing horse on the hood, you will eat your shirt depreciation-wise.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Hello Everyone;
looking to change wife vehicle after only 1 year of use. Wife really wants the Jeep now.
I was able to find a Wrangler 2018 Sahara with 10,000 miles for $40,000USD (trying to lower it little more)

the other problem I'm finding is trading in my wife car is an Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifoglio; also dealers

took it to car max and they said they won't be able to sell and they would take it to the Auction.

it's considered exotic in their inventory; I laugh and I said you guys have Porsche Macan on Inventory; the sales person was rude and said well we can't help you.

Thank you so much.
Assuming Clean CARFAX, no paintwork and perfect condition. What color/options/miles and MSRP on your actual Alfa?

Alfa does not sell many cars so very little data. There are only 11 Stelvio Quadrifoglio nation wide on Car Guru. Not many have been to Manheim yet so no real wholesale auction history yet. Best estimate is about 15% less then average used retail for a like car. Deduct 15% from used retail for a rough wholesale value. I'd guess about $55K-60K for wholesale. Then again somethings only worth what someone is willing to pay when you need to sell.

Shop your Alfa to as many Alfa dealers as possible. I see your in TX. Shop it to AutoNation Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram North Richland Hills.

Take it to a different Carmax and get a actual 'BUY' value and go from there.

I'd also shop it to smaller exotic car dealers.

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inven...o+AWD&modelChanged=false&filtersModified=true

Good luck.

Last edited:

Chomper

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Hello Everyone;

Thank you so much.
Cash or finance on the Jeep? If finance, interest rates are lower on brand new models. So you may end up paying the same or more over the life of the loan to buy used versus a similarly equipped new 2018 Sahara.

millerjl

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Try vroom for your alfa... have had good luck selling online with them.
Sponsored