Price Increase

Korgicon

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
So my Rubicon has been delivered to the dealer who called me a little earlier. He is telling me that the price has been increased $9000!! Obviously I am not willing to pay that for no reason.

Has this happened to anyone else and what advice may you have??
Sponsored

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition 2 Door
If there isn't a good outcome, I will very much name and shame. I don't think it's the dealers fault. He has promised to try and resolve it.
Thatā€™s like trying to rob a bank, heading for the door with the money, seeing the cops outside, and then offering to give the money back in exchange for a free pass.

Your dealership: ā€œSorry, we didnā€™t mean to try to steal from you! We only try to steal from people who donā€™t mind being stolen from.ā€
:LOL:

OP
OP
Korgicon

Korgicon

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thatā€™s like trying to rob a bank, heading for the door with the money, seeing the cops outside, and then offering to give the money back in exchange for a free pass.

Your dealership: ā€œSorry, we didnā€™t mean to try to steal from you! We only try to steal from people who donā€™t mind being stolen from.ā€
:LOL:
I have $5000 worth of parts sitting on my back deck waiting to be installed and a quote for another $10000 for other items. I just can't dal with a $9000 increase for no good reason! Especially after 8 months of waiting for delivery they hit me with this now it is ready for delivery.

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Stretched 2 door Rubi (LOL)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
Should of / would of. I didnt join this forum until after I ordered my 2019 JLUR. There are dealerships that wouldnt try that sh*t listed here. Koons and Gupton come to mind.

Sponsored

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Do you have the original order with MSRP and the window sticker to compare. I'm having a hard time believing $9K. I would believe $3K or maybe $4.5K if a 392.

OP
OP
Korgicon

Korgicon

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you have the original order with MSRP and the window sticker to compare. I'm having a hard time believing $9K. I would believe $3K or maybe $4.5K if a 392.
I have the original sales contract showing the agreed price.

discobean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I have $5000 worth of parts sitting on my back deck waiting to be installed and a quote for another $10000 for other items. I just can't dal with a $9000 increase for no good reason! Especially after 8 months of waiting for delivery they hit me with this now it is ready for delivery.
When I purchased mine the price was in the contract. When it got delivered 8 or so months later the prices have all gone up, but I paid what was on the contract. Maybe they changed the contracts now?

Sponsored

LongDriver

First Name
Long
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Tuscadero JLU 4XE, 22 Snazzleberry JLU 4XE
I have the original sales contract showing the agreed price.
I don't understand what legal grounds the dealer has to not honor your sales contract. Isn't that what contracts are for?

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Stretched 2 door Rubi (LOL)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
Ah... I didn't notice your location. Maybe shipping charges are also affecting along with the MSRP increase.
Good pick up on the OP's locale. Now I feel stupid for my post. Argh. Okay stupider than normal. LOL

OP
OP
Korgicon

Korgicon

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A
Good pick up on the OP's locale. Now I feel stupid for my post. Argh. Okay stupider than normal. LOL
All Good! Considering we pay way more than you guys in America, I assume shipping costs are part of the overall cost.

Base 3.6 Rubicon price is now $81500 according to the cost they want to charge me now in Australia.

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

A

All Good! Considering we pay way more than you guys in America, I assume shipping costs are part of the overall cost.

Base 3.6 Rubicon price is now $81500 according to the cost they want to charge me now in Australia.
In US$? Holy ouch!!!
Sponsored