Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL Rubicon (on order)
Occupation
Automation lead
Hi Everyone,
Ok so i am beyond pissed. I'm working with a very well known high volume dealer to order a new 4Xe Rubicon. I build out the jeep, and submitted the build sheet to the dealer along with my $1K deposit. The dealer tells me i'm on the wait list to order. this is April 22. Today he calls me and tells me there has been a base price increase from $51 to $53K for new Rubicon. I need to pay the difference, even though i put my deposit down before the increase and was stuck on the waitlist , unable to order before this price increase. I am so pissed.

I feel like i should be allowed to purchase at the original price i signed off on. Does anyone have any advice on this, i'm almost ready to just cancel my order, but the dealer doesn't' really care, he's such a high volume dealer it wouldn't matter to him at all. He offered to give me my deposit back which i appreciate. Does anyone have any good contacts i could talk to about this?
Sponsored

LJ_3M121318

First Name
LJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
Yeah theres another thread about this in the 4xe forum. Basically we're SOL because the fine print says the MFG can increase the price to the dealer and the dealer can charge you if they want. So its really up to the dealer on how they handle it. For most people, if you put the deposit and the order was submitted, then you should be OK and I think most dealers will honor the original negotiated price. But if you were on a wait list, meaning your order was never submitted, then it's a lot less unethical for the dealer to tell you that the price increased when they submitted your order.

Gladius Nova

First Name
Gladius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
Hi Everyone,
Ok so i am beyond pissed. I'm working with a very well known high volume dealer to order a new 4Xe Rubicon. I build out the jeep, and submitted the build sheet to the dealer along with my $1K deposit. The dealer tells me i'm on the wait list to order. this is April 22. Today he calls me and tells me there has been a base price increase from $51 to $53K for new Rubicon. I need to pay the difference, even though i put my deposit down before the increase and was stuck on the waitlist , unable to order before this price increase. I am so pissed.

I feel like i should be allowed to purchase at the original price i signed off on. Does anyone have any advice on this, i'm almost ready to just cancel my order, but the dealer doesn't' really care, he's such a high volume dealer it wouldn't matter to him at all. He offered to give me my deposit back which i appreciate. Does anyone have any good contacts i could talk to about this?
Did you sign an "OTD" /purchase price? And what was the reason for the "wait list" to order?

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer
Hi Everyone,

Deposits don't have any affect on final sale price. If the market changes, then the price of the Jeep changes. You didn't sign a purchase agreement when you put the deposit down.

Same goes for active rebates. If there was a $2500 rebate when you put your deposit down and the rebate changes to $1000, you won't get the previous rebate. This is very common and frustrating, but there's nothing you can do unless the dealer wants to help you in some way.

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
As mentioned the POC has disclaimer that the prices are tentative and subject to change. Many dealer do a % below invoice vs a price, so they aren't holding the bag if Jeep increases the prices. Until the window sticker is generated which invoices the dealer, the price isn't set in stone.

It seems like every month Jeep increase the price. It also seems like many manufacturer incentives and dealer discounts are going away in May as well.

Sponsored

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
Ok so i am beyond pissed
Today he calls me and tells me there has been a base price increase from $51 to $53K for new Rubicon. I need to pay the difference, even though i put my deposit down before the increase and was stuck on the waitlist , unable to order before this price increase. I am so pissed.
This is the issue with putting deposits down without fully reading or understanding the fine print. It seems like your deposit served to only reserve a spot in line for you.
As mentioned the POC has disclaimer that the prices are tentative and subject to change.
^^ Exactly this. Also, would the OP have liked it at the time of delivery to find out the price went up and he’s liable for it? Your salesman did the right thing even if it wasn’t what you wanted to hear. 🤷‍♂️

BooBoo63

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
On Sunday I gave my dealer a build for my 4xe along with the $1k deposit and all the info he needed. He emailed the build info on Monday and I noticed the price increase on the build sheet. I called him and he said it was because he didn’t put the order in until Monday. He told me he would honor the price he gave me on Sunday as it was his decision to wait to submit. Props to him.
Sponsored