Sponsored

Price check on isle 3...Used 2018 JLU Rubicon

TravelingMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited Mojito!
Hope to get some feedback and opinions.

I’ve been looking at a used 2018 JLU Rubicon, 2.0L with 7k on the odometer, 35’s already on and pretty much all options (except towing). It’s been on the lot awhile, so it’s not priced right or it’s would be sold. Price is now ~$46K.

What would you all think is a fair price or a realistic price?

I keep trying to talk myself out of this Jeep...and yes, it is the same one I was looking at a month ago...lol.

Thanks
Sponsored

Last edited:

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
That sounds like a JLU Rebicon, not a JKU. The JK didn’t have a 2.0liter engine option.

What was the original MSRP?
1 previous owner is worth a knockdown of a few thousand, but also, the question has to be asked why did they sell it so soon?

OP
OP
TravelingMan

TravelingMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oops...yes, you are right. Corrected.

Original sticker was $56,890.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
That’s not a terrible price, 20% off MSRP? I think you should be able to get them down a few thousand more but there may be some history with the vehicle.

OP
OP
TravelingMan

TravelingMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That’s kind of wat I was thinking. The flip side is I’ll kick myself when I see it’s gone...lol.

I saw the car fax, but nothing telling. Any other ways to find out if there was an issue?

Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
That’s kind of wat I was thinking. The flip side is I’ll kick myself when I see it’s gone...lol.

I saw the car fax, but nothing telling. Any other ways to find out if there was an issue?
Test drive it hard.

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Blue book it bro on KBB & NADA..

You’ll definitely want to get them to add the Aux switches as part of the deal, they are a bitch to install. Just an FYI on that one.

Probably wouldn’t be hard second time around though lolol

Dvol

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR
Hope to get some feedback and opinions.

I’ve been looking at a used 2018 JLU Rubicon, 2.0L with 7k on the odometer, 35’s already on and pretty much all options (except towing). It’s been on the lot awhile, so it’s not priced right or it’s would be sold. Price is now ~$46K.

What would you all think is a fair price or a realistic price?

I keep trying to talk myself out of this Jeep...and yes, it is the same one I was looking at a month ago...lol.

Thanks
Invoice was probably around 52xxx new. Used car book shows 43-46k ..Mark up when new is 4-5k. If it was traded in they probably have tons more profit in. On average 3-8k mark up.

New car mark up is based on options, base price plus dealer hold back. Don’t forget destination fee! Yeah we all get charged for delivery lol

And my least favorite is DealerOverCharge fees( Doc fee) it is basically pure profit. Or any number of stupid add ons like paint protection, wax applied by some kid at minimum wage. Then try too charge the customers 1000.00 for it.

That’s is another tool dealers use to discount to make you feel better, Or nail you for more profit if you don’t know any better and pay over MSRP...

Car dealers are like gambling in Vegas. No matter what you think you won, the house always win, always! So negotiate a price you can live with and afford. YoLo...

EZMFE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Is it at a Jeep dealer, other mfg dealer, or used car lot? Does it have the stock suspension or has that been changed? Any other changes than the tires? What is the build date (early/late 2018)? Have you checked the welds on the track bar bracket? How is the steering (constantly having to correct)? Rear defroster connected? Have you had a look underneath for abuse? Is the 2.0 turbo what you would buy if new?

My JLUR had an MSRP of 56k and I paid 49k back in Oct so I would say it's worth 44/45k and not much more unless it is exactly what you want.

Leather?
Cold weather Group?
Trailer Tow Group - NO
LED lighting Group?
Electronic Infotainment Group?
Active Safety Group?
Steep Bumper Group?
Hard Top Headliner?
Proximity Keyless Entry?
Black or Color Matched Freedom Top and/ or Fenders?

OP
OP
TravelingMan

TravelingMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Invoice was probably around 52xxx new. Used car book shows 43-46k ..Mark up when new is 4-5k. If it was traded in they probably have tons more profit in. On average 3-8k mark up.

New car mark up is based on options, base price plus dealer hold back. Don’t forget destination fee! Yeah we all get charged for delivery lol

And my least favorite is DealerOverCharge fees( Doc fee) it is basically pure profit. Or any number of stupid add ons like paint protection, wax applied by some kid at minimum wage. Then try too charge the customers 1000.00 for it.

That’s is another tool dealers use to discount to make you feel better, Or nail you for more profit if you don’t know any better and pay over MSRP...

Car dealers are like gambling in Vegas. No matter what you think you won, the house always win, always! So negotiate a price you can live with and afford. YoLo...
Very true sir......

Sponsored

OP
OP
TravelingMan

TravelingMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is it at a Jeep dealer, other mfg dealer, or used car lot? Does it have the stock suspension or has that been changed? Any other changes than the tires? What is the build date (early/late 2018)? Have you checked the welds on the track bar bracket? How is the steering (constantly having to correct)? Rear defroster connected? Have you had a look underneath for abuse? Is the 2.0 turbo what you would buy if new?

My JLUR had an MSRP of 56k and I paid 49k back in Oct so I would say it's worth 44/45k and not much more unless it is exactly what you want.

Leather? Y
Cold weather Group? Y
Trailer Tow Group - NO
LED lighting Group? Y
Electronic Infotainment Group? Y
Active Safety Group? Y
Steep Bumper Group? No
Hard Top Headliner? Yes
Proximity Keyless Entry? Yes
Black or Color Matched Freedom Top and/ or Fenders?
Color matched

Non Jeep dealer. I looked under and welds look decent. Need to check build date.

It’s in good shape with no abuse.

Good checklist.

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
I looked at one with a freind in Westlake. He was upside down in his car and unable to make a deal. For reference
2018 JLU Rubicon
Black
Black fenders and black non painted top
6spd, 3.6 motor
8.4 radio w/alpine
No tow package
No cold weather package
Halogen lights
Standard bumpers
All weather mats
Pristine condition
Never off road
7000 miles

$38,900
I thot it seemed like a great deal

EZMFE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Color matched

Non Jeep dealer. I looked under and welds look decent. Need to check build date.

It’s in good shape with no abuse.

Good checklist.
In my opinion all the important boxes are checked and the ones that are not checked can be added without issue.

If you are serious about purchasing it, go in there with prearranged financing and low ball them - 42.5/43K. Depending on how long they have had it on the lot, they may surprise you. That low ball offer leaves room for the ever so fun negotiation game that they must play to fulfill their self worth.

Remember you are swimming with sharks and they live in the water where you are just visiting. If you are well aware of how to deal with them go for it but if you need advice on the best approach to take than just ask.

OP
OP
TravelingMan

TravelingMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All good feedback and appreciated. I think they priced it on the high side based on it having pretty much all options except the steel bumper and towing. Price has come down in small increments over the last month, but I think there’s wiggle room.

Dealer has been holding the line each time I’ve been by (cheapest we will price it) and then a week later price drops $500. I actually don’t mind haggling but they are think they have a 1 of 1 vehicle...lol.

I’ll give it another shot. Almost month end?!

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Hmm aren't done of the 2.0's having issues? Look up the thread "blew up our Jeep". Not sure because I don't watch YouTubers, but I think they always had some issues with the 2.0.
Sponsored