Latent

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Hey,
I just walk out of a jeep dealership, I agree to a price when I order it back in March. When it arrived it’s was perfect and it had everything I wanted. When it came to the contract I starting signing it and I looked at the number and it off. I’m like this number seem strange and the guy look at it and say I have to recalculate it. He did the math and he was off 2000. He immediately call over the boss and fiance manager. They say you can’t have it at this price, I’m like I already signed for this and they took the contract and tear it up. I end up walking out with my money but do I have any recourse? I was able to take a picture of the contract before they took it. I also have the inquire from the loan to the agree amount price. @JeepCares
Sponsored

Sting_NC_USA

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Contact your local Better Business Bureau. They'll advise you, and if any wrong doing did occur, their involvement will significantly impact the dealer's attitude/approach. Sorry that happened, but make sure you have your original order, the contract and especially ensure you've read all the fine print.

NM Original

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Jeep GC Overland, 2005 Chevy SSR, 2007 BMW 650-GS, 2015 CanAm F3, 2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon Turbo, 2Door (on order)
I am not sure you are out anything but your "waiting time". If anyone could have done something, it was the dealer and . . . . well they didn't. Oh, you could have agreed to pay the higher price and you didn't. I would not have either. Walking out with your wallet intact and financing arranged - well you are good to go to another dealer.

My only caution is, if they truly made a mistake and were about to lose a bunch of money ( probably not the whole $2k ) you may find that all the deals you see are not quite as good as the one they ripped up.

If you want to hold them to a sale that they will lose a lot on, you need to talk to a lawyer, because you are probably going to court.

Also, there is a good chance they will call and ask you to come back in - - - " We can work this out. ". Figure out what you will say to that, if they do.

OP
OP

Latent

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
To clear it up the price I agree to back in March was the same as today. They just calculated wrong back in March and fixed it today after they went over the numbers again after I sign it.

NOMAD-0311

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scat Pack Challenger
I would go on their FB page and give them a review. You would be surprised how much they want to make it right to get you to change your review

Sponsored

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR
I'm confused by the way you have written this, but I see 2 possibilities here:

1. You ordered the jeep in march and agreed to a price. When it came in, the dealership said they messed up and the price is actually 2K higher than what you agreed to when you ordered it.

2. You order the jeep in march and agreed to a price. When it came in, and you were signing the paperwork, you noticed the price was 2K less than the price agreed to. You mentioned it and they tore up the contract, but were going to honor the price when you ordered.

If #1, you might have some recourse, as that is there problem. Around here we have news channels that take on cases like this and then go interview the dealer, that would be my path.

If #2, then it was very honorable and honest of you to point out there mistake, but you have no recourse since you are still getting the price you agreed on when ordering. Though, you could have not said anything, finished signing, and then when they noticed their mistake later told them "tough, I' already signed, financed, etc".

ZombieNipples

First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Altima
Hey,
I just walk out of a jeep dealership, I agree to a price when I order it back in March. When it arrived it’s was perfect and it had everything I wanted. When it came to the contract I starting signing it and I looked at the number and it off. I’m like this number seem strange and the guy look at it and say I have to recalculate it. He did the math and he was off 2000. He immediately call over the boss and fiance manager. They say you can’t have it at this price, I’m like I already signed for this and they took the contract and tear it up. I end up walking out with my money but do I have any recourse? I was able to take a picture of the contract before they took it. I also have the inquire from the loan to the agree amount price. @JeepCares
Which dealership was it?

Warpath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler 2.0T JLR 2-Door, 2020 GT500
The BBB has no powers. It's simply a rating site that business can choose to be in or not. I'd comment on their FB, Yelp or any other social media.

Sting_NC_USA

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
The BBB has no powers. It's simply a rating site that business can choose to be in or not. I'd comment on their FB, Yelp or any other social media.
Yes, the BBB is simply a rating site, and it's one that no dealership wants to be on for a poor service issue. They have no power? Define power? If you've had personal experience with the BBB, feel free to share, but if you're making general statements about something you haven't had experience with... well...

I have seen, first hand, how a dealership will go WAY out of their way when a wrong doing occurred and it is managed properly. Of course, I'd never recommend reporting any business unless there was a true sign of verifiable misconduct. I always recommend attempting to work through these issues directly, giving the dealership (or any other business) the chance to do the right thing first. Then, if no progress is made, that's when it's best to reach out for help.

Warpath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler 2.0T JLR 2-Door, 2020 GT500
Yes, the BBB is simply a rating site, and it's one that no dealership wants to be on for a poor service issue. They have no power? Define power? If you've had personal experience with the BBB, feel free to share, but if you're making general statements about something you haven't had experience with... well...

I have seen, first hand, how a dealership will go WAY out of their way when a wrong doing occurred and it is managed properly. Of course, I'd never recommend reporting any business unless there was a true sign of verifiable misconduct. I always recommend attempting to work through these issues directly, giving the dealership (or any other business) the chance to do the right thing first. Then, if no progress is made, that's when it's best to reach out for help.
My post was not meant as a shot at your post. Just my experience as a business owner and them calling constantly to get me to join. To me they can't be unbiased if they're accepting money from me.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Latent

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I'm confused by the way you have written this, but I see 2 possibilities here:

1. You ordered the jeep in march and agreed to a price. When it came in, the dealership said they messed up and the price is actually 2K higher than what you agreed to when you ordered it.

2. You order the jeep in march and agreed to a price. When it came in, and you were signing the paperwork, you noticed the price was 2K less than the price agreed to. You mentioned it and they tore up the contract, but were going to honor the price when you ordered.

If #1, you might have some recourse, as that is there problem. Around here we have news channels that take on cases like this and then go interview the dealer, that would be my path.

If #2, then it was very honorable and honest of you to point out there mistake, but you have no recourse since you are still getting the price you agreed on when ordering. Though, you could have not said anything, finished signing, and then when they noticed their mistake later told them "tough, I' already signed, financed, etc".
It’s #1 that why I’m really annoyed about it

cbr954

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gmc Acadia Ford Edge
I would also contact your states attorney general's office as well as any other department that may have oversight.

Scott2373

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford F150 / 2018 Sahara JLU. Formerly 2013 JK and 2003 Liberty Renegade
Unfortunately, since no money was exchanged, the AG and the BBB will probably shrug their shoulders and say, "What do you want us to do? You didn't lose any money." The best you can hope for is to take the deal to another dealership and see if they will match it. I sure as heck wouldn't be doing any business with that dealership in the future, but I would go out of my way to alert others and make sure they see your displeasure in writing. Perhaps go on Twitter and other social media sites and tag the hell out of them. Broad exposure might sway their decision and possibly earn you some freebies, such as an extended warranty or accessories.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Money doesn’t have to change hands or be lost for there to be fraud or deceptive business practices. If you have already taken it to the GM of the dealership and they didn’t give you satisfaction, take it to the region or zone manager. If they’re not helpful, let them know (don’t be rude or threatening) that you’re unhappy with the resolution and that you’ll voice your displeasure with them, naming them all by name, to the corporate level and on social media.

I’m curious, would you be willing to share the price they originally quoted and the revised price, along with the configuration you ordered?
Sponsored

Last edited: