Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
Are these bumpers available with no sensor holes?
Sponsored

OP
OP
ROCK HARD 4X4

ROCK HARD 4X4

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps

Redneck_Jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 Dr.
Vehicle Showcase
Hi,

Any plans for an Aluminum bumper with Tire Carrier?

Thanks.

OP
OP
ROCK HARD 4X4

ROCK HARD 4X4

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Hi,

Any plans for an Aluminum bumper with Tire Carrier?

Thanks.
Sorry not. We use a 1-1/2" steel shaft, and you can't weld steel to aluminum.

DocTwinkie

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6m, 2019 Acura RDX Adv.
Occupation
Doc... Duh.
I don't have a photo of our non tire carrier rear with a 33" tire yet, we'll begin shooting our install videos soon so that'll help. 33" is close but does fit with the factory mount. Another option is our adjustable mount for under $110. Plus it gives you a CB antenna mount built in.

https://www.rockhard4x4.com/product_p/rh-90347.htm
So the aluminum bumper with the stock spare mount will work? It’s not the price of the reloc bracket. I Like the bumper and it’ll match the patriot front and save weight but I hate the idea of limiting the rear view further on stock rubicon 33s.

Sponsored

Foggy47

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, billet silver w/ 1 touch sky top. Honda Ridgeline for gentleman's pickup needs.
Occupation
Retired with hobbies. Golf, Fishing, Hunting, Sploring
So the aluminum bumper with the stock spare mount will work? It’s not the price of the reloc bracket. I Like the bumper and it’ll match the patriot front and save weight but I hate the idea of limiting the rear view further on stock rubicon 33s.
Check out the wide range of adjustability features of the spare tire in the pics. I think it's pretty sweet the way you can move the tire up and down and in and out to maximize your rear vision with any size spare.......and get great departure angles.....and include other features like jack mount, CB, fuel, and basket provisions and more. Nice work on fitting so many requirements Rock Hard! I think you covered all the bases. I just ordered one for my new Rubi.

Foggy47

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, billet silver w/ 1 touch sky top. Honda Ridgeline for gentleman's pickup needs.
Occupation
Just finished the install of RH 4x4 Patriot front and rear steel bumpers (with swinging tire carrier) and the RH 4x4 Patriot sliders. I'm pretty much a walking add for RH products now. Grin.

The rear bumper was the toughest for me. Lots of detail to get hooked up right and despite pretty good intructions and video....it was a longer project than I anticipated. I was working alone......and I'm not getting any younger, so the install was a bit stressy at times.....but I prevailed. The other installs went pretty smooth. I also installed a 10k Smittybilt synthetic winch.

I'm pretty happy with the results and feel I am well equipped with the current tires or larger ones yet to come. I like the multiple functions the rear bumper employs with the jack mount and CB antenna mount, parking sensor mounts, backup camera, 3rd brake light, license plate mount and light, etc. Now I gotta instal a CB. ;) Really enjoying this new vehicle......I just need to get some seat time in.

IMO....these are top quality products, fit correctly and are built to take it. Now......if I only had not pulled the wires out of one of the sensors.......grrrrr.

side view.jpg

rear bumper.jpg

front bumper b.jpg

sliders.jpg

Last edited:

DocTwinkie

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6m, 2019 Acura RDX Adv.
Occupation
Doc... Duh.
Love the mid width bumper. Unfortunately in Ohio has to be at least the track width. I think the mid looks a lot better than the full

OP
OP
ROCK HARD 4X4

ROCK HARD 4X4

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Just finished the install of RH 4x4 Patriot front and rear steel bumpers (with swinging tire carrier) and the RH 4x4 Patriot sliders. I'm pretty much a walking add for RH products now. Grin.

The rear bumper was the toughest for me. Lots of detail to get hooked up right and despite pretty good intructions and video....it was a longer project than I anticipated. I was working alone......and I'm not getting any younger, so the install was a bit stressy at times.....but I prevailed. The other installs went pretty smooth. I also installed a 10k Smittybilt synthetic winch.

I'm pretty happy with the results and feel I am well equipped with the current tires or larger ones yet to come. I like the multiple functions the rear bumper employs with the jack mount and CB antenna mount, parking sensor mounts, backup camera, 3rd brake light, license plate mount and light, etc. Now I gotta instal a CB. ;) Really enjoying this new vehicle......I just need to get some seat time in.

IMO....these are top quality products, fit correctly and are built to take it. Now......if I only had not pulled the wires out of one of the sensors.......grrrrr.

side view.jpg

rear bumper.jpg

front bumper b.jpg

sliders.jpg
Well done!

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
Looks great. Want the full width front but the mid-width looks great. Can the RH logo be taken off the rear bumper or is it riveted on? Do not like it.

Sponsored

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
@ROCK HARD 4X4
Thoughts on the relocation bracket... Does it handle a 35" tire without damage to the tailgate? Does it need more reinforcement than just the bracket? Going aluminum so I cannot get the tire swing but concerned on the tailgate flexing with the added weight (including your heavy bracket).

Foggy47

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Looks great. Want the full width front but the mid-width looks great. Can the RH logo be taken off the rear bumper or is it riveted on? Do not like it.
You could remove it. Just a few small rivets. Not gosh IMO.

Foggy47

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
@ROCK HARD 4X4
Thoughts on the relocation bracket... Does it handle a 35" tire without damage to the tailgate? Does it need more reinforcement than just the bracket? Going aluminum so I cannot get the tire swing but concerned on the tailgate flexing with the added weight (including your heavy bracket).

No weight hangs on that door with this steel bumper or tire mount.....will hold any tire weight you got. But.....what difference does it make to you.....you want aluminum and that does not offer a tire mount like this. Good luck.

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
No weight hangs on that door with this steel bumper or tire mount.....will hold any tire weight you got. But.....what difference does it make to you.....you want aluminum and that does not offer a tire mount like this. Good luck.
Understand that the aluminum does not offer the tire mount. I am asking about their relocation bracket that attaches to the tailgate. Looking for their opinions/justification that it is strong enough to hold a 35" tire.

OP
OP
ROCK HARD 4X4

ROCK HARD 4X4

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
It's a decal applied with tape, can be removed easily.
Sponsored