Sponsored

Preventing scratches on soft top windows...?

JeezAJeep

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Baja..2019 BMW X2
Hey all, I know its kind of impossible to keep the soft top windows scratch free...but can you give me any tios on what you use, or how to prevent them from scratching? I had 2 previous Jeeps, and it was not an easy task...thx
Sponsored

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
I recommend treating them like a nice pair of sunglasses. Don't wipe them with a shirt or paper towel when they're dirty, just wait until you can clean them with running water and a microfiber cloth. Also, they are replaceable - take some caution but don't obsess over it. Instead, treat them well and you can replace them in 5 or so years, then you have a trail set and a street set if you so choose.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
I accidentally scratched my rear window trying to clean some bird poop. I used a good carnuba wax and they mostly disappeared.
I think windows could be polished like plastic headlights if you put them on a table with a clean blanket.

Sponsored

BasherXt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Rubicon on order
New owner too, but was told to use soapy water and rinse grime off then 50/50 rubbing alcohol and water with new micro fiber to clean going in one direction only. Then a second new micro fiber to dry. No circles. I go left to right only.

bigfoot21075

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2012 Ford F350

WreckEm711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport 6 speed
I recommend treating them like a nice pair of sunglasses. Don't wipe them with a shirt or paper towel when they're dirty, just wait until you can clean them with running water and a microfiber cloth. Also, they are replaceable - take some caution but don't obsess over it. Instead, treat them well and you can replace them in 5 or so years, then you have a trail set and a street set if you so choose.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
Having a trail set after you replace them is brilliant. Will have to remember that!

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU