Sponsored

Pretty sure I've blown my Rubicon shocks. Are Falcon shocks the best?

fat_head

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Cupping the front tires bad. Stock tires. That's going to change within the month but I don't want to wreck a new pair of tires either, so lets replace the shocks.

Are Teraflex (falcon) the best? I'm looking at the SP2 3.1 or 3.3 shocks. Sell me on a different brand if you'd like. I really like the adjustability of the teraflex however.
Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Cupping the front tires bad. Stock tires. That's going to change within the month but I don't want to wreck a new pair of tires either, so lets replace the shocks.

Are Teraflex (falcon) the best? I'm looking at the SP2 3.1 or 3.3 shocks. Sell me on a different brand if you'd like. I really like the adjustability of the teraflex however.
It’s hard to recommend shocks because it’s so subjective. IMO.... falcon shocks will ride stiffer than your Rubi shocks even on the lowest setting. But that may be what you want....?

Biohazard

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (sold May 2020); now own 2020 trd pro Tacoma
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
It’s hard to recommend shocks because it’s so subjective. IMO.... falcon shocks will ride stiffer than your Rubi shocks even on the lowest setting. But that may be what you want....?
Really like my icons. Not sure if they make them for stock options.

and do shocks not working cup your tires? That sounds like alignment issues. But I’m no mechanic, in over my head in that one

OP
OP

fat_head

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Well of course I'd like my cake and eat it too lol. It's a daily, but also a weekend warrior. I need it to drive comfy on the road, and then be able to rally race it or go to Moab while 1k lbs overweight with overlanding gear.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Well of course I'd like my cake and eat it too lol. It's a daily, but also a weekend warrior. I need it to drive comfy on the road, and then be able to rally race it or go to Moab while 1k lbs overweight with overlanding gear.
Then you need a Rock Krawler lift with their, RRD shocks, comfy on the road and a beast off the road.......:)...... but AGAIN just my .02, and this is an unbiased opinion........:giggle:.

C28DA611-224F-4225-987B-7DD78F0F1CC5.jpeg

Sponsored

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Then you need a Rock Krawler lift with their, RRD shocks, comfy on the road and a beast off the road.......:)...... but AGAIN just my .02, and this is an unbiased opinion........:giggle:.

C28DA611-224F-4225-987B-7DD78F0F1CC5.jpeg
Ordered the 3.5" X-Factor yesterday for my jeep. I can't have my wife's jeep being taller than mine.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:

HayBuiltJLU

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
I ran falcon 2.1 shocks and think they are a good option for the money, I am now running rock krawler RRD 2.25 with reservoirs and like these a lot better

Rploaded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I would explore the Fox offerings. The Falcons will be a much stiffer ride than stock on the softest setting. The Fox adjustable will be able to go from softer than stock to almost as firm as the Falcon.

We could also dive into King or Radlfo but I’m pretty sure Fox is a good spot to start.

Sponsored

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer

Best? That's a loaded question. But, King has had a long reputation as very high quality and performance, but they are pricey to reflect that too. I have Kings on my truck. King, Fox, or whatever you choose, for a widely varied performance, you may want to consider an adjustable damping rate shock. One with a simple dial.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
This is a great video of the Teraflex Falcon shock manufacturing facility. Being from a manufacturing and quality career at one time, I saw somethings that were impressive. I think whoever is in charge of quality and manufacturing there knows their biz.

Sponsored