Sponsored

Pretty good deal on Mopar vehicle protection plans

Deleted member 59498

I purchased a Mopar Vehicle Protection Plan two years ago and just paid the last payment. I have four more years left on the plan and I was told that if I never use it I will get my full purchase price refunded. If I do use it, there will be a $100 charge per visit. Not that I have problems but what if there is more than one thing wrong when I take it to the dealership, is it $100 per defect/problem?

Anyone have any experience with these plans? I'm more interested in getting my $2500 back not dishing out $100's.
You will not get refunded. If you refund now it will be pro-rated based on time and miles I think. But if you don't use it you are not getting your 2500 back at the end. Never heard of that.

Yes it is 100 dollars per visit for a problem repair.
Sponsored

garykk

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Occupation
Retired
You will not get refunded. If you refund now it will be pro-rated based on time and miles I think. But if you don't use it you are not getting your 2500 back at the end. Never heard of that.

Yes it is 100 dollars per visit for a problem repair.
I think the contract says you’ll get 100% back if you don’t use it in the first 60 days.

Sponsored

TheNewGuy

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 door
This is my info.
Jeep Wrangler JL Pretty good deal on Mopar vehicle protection plans Mopar_Vehicle_Protection_Payment_Plan
I don't see how they can give you your money back. That's akin to your auto insurance company giving you back your premium if you don't get in an accident. They'd go out of business.

Sponsored

Danny2203

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys
The disappointing thing about these extended mopar warranties is that they do NOT extend the corrosion issue that occurs on hinges, doors, and hood past the standard factory time period.
Well shit... That's not what I wanted to see in my google search this morning. Found some corrosion around my hinges and have an appt tomorrow for dealership to look at it. Was hoping the max care would cover me. I'm not that high in mileage, but I'm at about 3 years and 3 months.

Jeep Wrangler JL Pretty good deal on Mopar vehicle protection plans rust

jhmartin

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Clubs

I don't see how they can give you your money back. That's akin to your auto insurance company giving you back your premium if you don't get in an accident. They'd go out of business.
They got to hold on to your money for the duration, so you gave them a 0-interest loan. There is 'Return of Premium Life Insurance' that can do the same thing as well. So, not _impossible_.

jack bauer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon XR 3.6
Occupation
Finance
Well shit... That's not what I wanted to see in my google search this morning. Found some corrosion around my hinges and have an appt tomorrow for dealership to look at it. Was hoping the max care would cover me. I'm not that high in mileage, but I'm at about 3 years and 3 months.

Jeep Wrangler JL Pretty good deal on Mopar vehicle protection plans rust
You should be good for 5 years, unlimited mileage.

JCae2798

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU (RIP), 2021 GC L, 2024 JLU 4xe
For the record I was able to get a refund from MOPAR for closing ours early due to me selling my vehicle and the buyer not wanting to transfer the plan. Based on milage and I think me not having any warranty work, I got a decent amount back (~$650). So there is some hope with refunds and it's a nice selling point to these extended warranties for peace of mind.