Jbudz511

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Sahara Altitude, '00 XJ Sport
Hey! Nice name.

Clearance would be lower than stock with the tips in place, but you could simply remove the tip outlets/tips from the center section of the axleback to omit any clearance concerns if needed. We put those break points there on purpose. :like:

Same to you lol! And ok interesting, you guys suggest taking the the entire resonator set up off? I was envisioning just removing the tips. This makes sense, thanks!

I love the look of the dual tip exit and I don't go wheeling enough at this point for it to truly be a hassle to take off each time.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL & JT
Same to you lol! And ok interesting, you guys suggest taking the the entire resonator set up off? I was envisioning just removing the tips. This makes sense, thanks!

I love the look of the dual tip exit and I don't go wheeling enough at this point for it to truly be a hassle to take off each time.
Not the rear resonator section, just the tailpipes that host the tips (or just the tips as you're saying). You have options regardless.

Jbudz511

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Sahara Altitude, '00 XJ Sport
Not the rear resonator section, just the tailpipes that host the tips (or just the tips as you're saying). You have options regardless.
Ok, that's what i was thinking initially. Thanks for the help!

ERAUGrad04

First Name
Morgan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 1956 Oval VW, Model X
Josh - Any chance you have any pictures of the Tread system without the tips or connector pipes from the mufflers? Looking for a high-clearance system that isn’t quite as loud as the Trail, so was eyeing the Tread. Maybe with turndown tips immediately following the mufflers.

Reactions: AFD

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
Maybe with turndown tips immediately following the mufflers.
This. Always wondered why nobody made a dual high-tuck mini muffler setup with turndown exits.

Overall clearance would still be the same as a single exit high-tuck (Injen, AFE, Savvy) and if done right, would protrude no lower than the hitch. And judging by all the various soundclips, the dual exit systems usually sound better (slightly more aggressive than a single exit high-tuck muffler, but not as loud as a crawler-type or rear axle dump).

Bonus points if someone ever makes such a system with everything properly positioned instead of using several unnecessary clamp-on pieces everywhere. Should only ever be one clamp at the axle bend and another at the cat, with everything else welded.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL & JT
Josh - Any chance you have any pictures of the Tread system without the tips or connector pipes from the mufflers? Looking for a high-clearance system that isn’t quite as loud as the Trail, so was eyeing the Tread. Maybe with turndown tips immediately following the mufflers.
Unfortunately, I do not.

OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL & JT
This. Always wondered why nobody made a dual high-tuck mini muffler setup with turndown exits.

Overall clearance would still be the same as a single exit high-tuck (Injen, AFE, Savvy) and if done right, would protrude no lower than the hitch. And judging by all the various soundclips, the dual exit systems usually sound better (slightly more aggressive than a single exit high-tuck muffler, but not as loud as a crawler-type or rear axle dump).

Bonus points if someone ever makes such a system with everything properly positioned instead of using several unnecessary clamp-on pieces everywhere. Should only ever be one clamp at the axle bend and another at the cat, with everything else welded.

Sounds like a shipping nightmare. Aside from that, our systems are modular. Joints are a non-issue in the grand scheme.

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
Sounds like a shipping nightmare. Aside from that, our systems are modular. Joints are a non-issue in the grand scheme.
Probably, but many other exhaust mfgs still make modular systems with welded-on tips and only a single clamp above the axle (the giant OEM muffler is this way), so it's certainly possible. Anyway, switching your dual mini muffler Tread system to a turn down shouldn't be too challenging. Just delete the tips and replace the exit joints with angle cut versions that don't protrude any lower than the bottom of the hitch and mufflers.

Just an idea and something that's currently missing from the market, regardless of the amount of clamps.

OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL & JT
Probably, but many other exhaust mfgs still make modular systems with welded-on tips and only a single clamp above the axle (the giant OEM muffler is this way), so it's certainly possible. Anyway, switching your dual mini muffler Tread system to a turn down shouldn't be too challenging. Just delete the tips and replace the exit joints with angle cut versions that don't protrude any lower than the bottom of the hitch and mufflers.

Just an idea and something that's currently missing from the market, regardless of the amount of clamps.
Copy that.
Sponsored